What is the best Planet of the Apes movie and why is it Rise of the Planet of the Apes?

What is the best Planet of the Apes movie and why is it Rise of the Planet of the Apes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gs3IRbg17Y0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dawn>>>War=Rise

Haven't seen War of The Planet of the Apes but I thought Rise was WAAAAYYYY fucking better than boring and utter fucking garbage Dawn.

I like tim burtons. It's from a better time and the twist still creeps me out, like a twilight zone Ep.

Rise was so much better on rewatch. On the other hand Dawn was much more disappointing.

Because you're a tasteless pleb

Rise has great development and solid characters, Dawn relies so damn heavily on convenient devices with an overall weak cast bare Caesar/Koba.

NO > GO

Rewatched it last year, the first act is really fun and engaging, then the movie just turns into a fat lot nothing. A shame.

>post yfw NOOOOO

Dawn definitely has it's moments but the humans were the much weaker story.
It failed in the same way Warcraft did. If your human audience sympathizes and enjoys the story of non humans more than the humans then you failed as a director.

>the humans were the much weaker story
>the kid and wife were such non characters they didn't show up at all during and after the climax

I wish Gary Oldman had a bigger role, he felt like the only human character with actual potential. As far as ape characters go, it's pretty much nothing but Koba and some Caesar.

Rise is the best in the trilogy, the original will always be the best of the series

They are all apeshit.

Personal preference is POTA>EFTPOTA>DOTPOTA>ROTPOTA>WFTPOTA>BFTPOTA>COTPOTA>BTPOTA

escape is just so damn comfy

>POTA>EFTPOTA>DOTPOTA>ROTPOTA>WFTPOTA>BFTPOTA>COTPOTA>BTPOTA

OOGA BOOGA

It'd probably be better if it hadn't starred Mark "monotone" Wahlberg.

Yeah, Rise had the best character development compared to the second and third film.

The issues mostly come from the writing. When you check about its production it's no surprise it turned out so poorly.

Just saw the new one, ask me anything

Rank them.

I agree that Rise is the best

Of the ones I've seen, rise>War>original>Dawn>2000s remake

youtube.com/watch?v=gs3IRbg17Y0

The original is more like a twilight zone episode considering it's written by one of the twilight writers

>Conquest that low
get some better taste pleb

Planet of the Apes (1968) > Conquest of the Planet of the Apes > War for the Planet of the Apes > Escape from the Planet of the Apes > Dawn of the Planet of the Apes > Beneath the Planet of the Apes > Rise of the Planet of the Apes > Battle for the Planet of the Apes > Planet of the Apes (2001)

>mfw I just noticed that clip of the gorilla is repeated but just mirrored

Even when that was literally the intention of the filmmaker? The first twenty minutes are exclusively about apes and have almost zero spoken dialogue, plus Andy serkis got top billing in the credits. What makes you think you aren't supposed to care more about the apes?

This.

Reeves made the humans side characters on purpose. So we care more about the apes.

Apes are the heroes so they can live long enough to become the villians

Rise>Escape>Dawn>Original>Conquest>> Battle>>>>> Beneath>>> Burton

War is really really good, user. Though I love both Rise and Dawn. I agree that Kirk Acevedo's character in Dawn was annoying as shit though

Original>Rise>Dawn>2

Have to see war yet