This was great, why is it so underrated?

this was great, why is it so underrated?

It's the Clooney curse

>Clooney
nah
>Comeback boy
no thx

i fucking hate this film. took a girl i liked to go see it and it was really awkward because of how shit it is. luckily i got to fuck tho.

It wasn't great. It was good. And therein lies the problem.

2deep4plebs

10/10 casting though, he was perfect in his role as a vapid Hollywood manbaby

Bane Tatum doing a Gene Kelly style jump onto a Soviet submarine dressed as a sailor boy was fucking beautiful

>protagonist is a stoic Catholic man
>secondary protagonist is a naive redneck
>antagonist is a homosexual Communist
>secondary antagonists are a group of Jewish looking "intellectuals"
>shows Hollywood as filled with retards and degenerates
Only the Coens could've gotten away with this

and yet it's a love letter to hollywood

...hence

>Scarlett Johansson heavily featured in posters and all sorts of promotional materials
>She's literally in two scenes of the entire movie

It's as much a fuck you as a love letter, and that paradox is shown in its theme of religion and cinema.
Mannix asks the priest if God is split.
The old Communist Jew chief begins his lecture by saying that man is split.
Mannix's job ultimately is to preserve the split of cinema stars being really dumb and promiscuous while maintaining an illusion of glamour for the movie watching plebs.

At least she had more than 2 lines.

...while commie intellectuals promote the idea that mankind is one and whole, pottery

Fuck, I even forgot he's on those posters as well, his stuff in the movie was pretty much a cameo.

The movie's alright and the Coens were fucking prophets with that Han Solo actor too

>great

if you like watching unrelated scenes about hollywood jerking off hollywood then sure i guess you could call it great

if you were also stupid human garbage though.

I found it funny as fuck. Like when that guy is trying to do a scene? Or those crazy communists!?

Funny... Funny.

It would have worked so much better as a prestige TV show on HBO. Everything felt rushed.

>hollywood jerking off hollywood

more like rape

I love Coen brothers but this one fell flat for me. Only a few good moments. Entire film was mailed in, like this post

it's complicated

Pleb filter, really.

Just look at the parking lot...

it was a slice of life anime

Simple. The film was very niche, with certain jokes that only people who knew what happened in the film industry during and it came out a week or two before Deadpool. Not to mention the fact that KFP3 was still dominating at the box office that weekend.

Idk about it being underrated on some extent. This is my hypothetical theory but ... I think this multi main characters method is exactly the gig for the master of the narrative (笑´・艸・) They should've had one or two more editors are really good at puzzling story & talked about what to do over the screenplay before they going into the shooting.

Same thing with Jonah Hill.