youtube.com/watch?v=0IbHZY3xU-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

CGI looks better in rain, apparently.

That isnt CGI, it's an animatronic in that specific shot

But yeah Jurassic Park is still far better than any marvel schlock today

one was directed by a movie director, the other by tv directors

That's an animatronic

The actors are over-paid.

Interesting. Thanks for letting me know.

I just pulled it off google.

Cuck War spent all their money on a bloated cast of hacks, their audience doesn't care about cheap CGI and subpar writing because they're autistic

This, AAA CGI +B live cast is far cheaper then a mix of B - AAA cast. Especially if the live cast needs AAA CGI anyway.

Civil War is supposed to look like a comic book, not gritty and dark.

Weta > ILM

RDJ got $50million, the rest got to the others, $500 dollars for the CGI.

A film has a budget, the more that's spent on actors the less that is spent on everything else.

Robert Downey Jr is why it looks shitty.

lmao, "it's supposed to look like garbage" is the defense marvel drones have now?

Marvel pumps out multiple movies a year, I'm beginning to think maybe the cgi looks intentionally fakey. It's like a security blanket to capeshit obsessives.

Based polite and honest user.

That's not even CGI

Ohhhh WOW ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT CAPESHIT IS...SHIT????

Doesn't RDJ get paid a $100 million for each marvel movie he's in? But yes, the big name actors bloat these budgets.

Also, these action sequences take place in full on day time, which exposes what's real and fake. Combine that with the fact that special effects for such a giant franchise have surprisingly been mediocre, and you have these subpar special effects.

Apes' special effects is designed by WETA studios, one of the best in the world. The cold, dark, forest environment also helps. And most of the movies big moments take place during night and it's always cloudy. Good CGI can be achieved when 60% of the budget isn't given to the actors and it mostly takes place in the dark.

This is the correct answer.

wat?

It looks like a scene from Legends of Tomorrow. A movie with that much money has no business looking like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=RvTPpP58SaE

50 million is RDJ's salary alone. He's smart as fuck, Marvel needs himself so badly, he can just demand outrageous salaries and Disney has no choice but to pay up. God help them when the "new Avengers with Captain Marvel" bombs horribly and they need him back

CGI or not, that's a fantastic shot

Nah. It's only the female and black actors are overpaid.

They're paid based on their ability to put asses in seats.

not everything has to have the color palate of a cellphone game. You color cucks are like miserable babies that get entertained by dangling key chains.

more people would rather see a guy pretend to be a monkey than Reddit Downey Jr.

Contrarians will stop shilling for BLM: The Movie once they realize everyone likes it which negates their contrarian cred. Then they'll be back to singing the praises of Snyder.

On one hand it seems RDJ gets paid way too much. On the other hand, the existence and success of the MCU rests almost entirely on his shoulders. He was the key ingredient to Iron Man (2008). He helped write what little script the film did have and improvised the rest. Plus his films or whatever he is featured in pretty much always gross more than anything else in this cinematic universe. Maybe he has earned his payday?

Not at all if you know a thing about mise en scene and understand how to read film
Picture related is a fantastic shot

Poor choice of words. My focus was more on the integration and realism of the effects. Looks convincing. More than most effects today. Even the latest JW.

But explain why that shot wasn't fantastic please.

The CGI in Apes is godly. I've never seen anything like it. Nothing else comes close.

They pay RDJ and Scarlett like 100 mill each.

>Sup Forums hates Marvel
>can't stop posting about Marvel
How do you explain this?

Stop motion models demand far less than Hollywood superstars.

Monkeys don't get paid

Why was the budget of Dawn almost that of Civil War?

And dark. Hence why Pacific Rim was always dark and in the rain, because the actually CGI was shit. They day scene they do show was from a video stream, so the grain made it look fine too.

its a lot cheaper to go to chicago and get some niggers to be in your movie

larger sequences probably. There aren't many "lots of apes" scenes in War

>N-words

Wow you're real tough. I bet you're all kinds of badass. I bet you use the N-word on the streets and go tell them to get LYNCHED. Bet you're some kind of alt-right mastermind. Big badass on the internet here. Gonna just pull out my N-word on this anonymous Japanese-inspired image board. Real cool man. Sooo cool. You're so cool.

RDJ gets $50m per film

see

Nigger

thanks for giving the word power on here lmao

>this much butthurt
I'm not the user that triggered you, but I'm kind of jealous at how badly he got you.

in the future, don't ever hesitate to tell everyone online how you feel about things.

Nigger

Those chimps come in pretty same color & shape. The comic heros are totally opposite. They are colorful Y'know ??? Now you see what makes the differences ??

200m for RDJ then 200m for marketing, 10m for Scarlette and then blowjobs for everybody by Scarlette.
Ah and yes i forgot, ten cents a piece for the fx team in India.

Are you stupid?

i imagine he's willing to walk, which gives him massive leverage

his agent must be fucking great though

youtube.com/watch?v=0IbHZY3xU-4 godamn that looks terrible