This is a fucking masterpiece

This is a fucking masterpiece.

It's a pretty good character study with nice visuals and voice acting, I liked it. I wish Season 3 was different, based off the ending of Season 2. They hyped Bojacks redemption arch

more pop nihilism for the redditors

one part overwrought melodrama, a second quippy cynicism, and finally halfbaked social commentary with a liberal sprinkling of wacky cartoon humor don't actually mix very well

Fuck outta here. Why is it plebs are only capable of resorting to buzzwords? Either you watched the show and can actually talk about why you think what you think, citing analysis of the show or you haven't watched it and you're just spouting off nonsense.

Like why do people come to discussion boards to give little bites like this. You could pretend to be a critic giving surface level criticism on twitter.

Bojack Horseman does the quips and weird asides of your typical animated sitcom. But it also explores the nature of depression in a real way instead of the bullshit "just be happy" way other shows do.

The last season is a great example of this. Bojack has the thing he thinks will make him happy. And he starts doing all the bullshit that people tell you will magically cure your depression. Except there are no magic cures for depression. And he still ends up fucking up his life in worse ways than before.

It's a big theme of the show given Bojack's longing for the easy solutions that were present in his sitcom. Which is how he imagines his life because he's spent decades rewatching the show and imagining that his life was better. Even though the show arguably screwed his life up

This is paralleled in what's her name who played his daughter on the show and is arguably a bigger train wreck than he is now

And the opening theme is GOAT

See? That's discussion

how about this

Bojack it excuses the weak drama with the attempts at comedy and the weak comedy with the attempts at drama and the attempts at both for how it never commits to making either any good.

Though the particularly thick and sheltered will confuse this for an emotional roller-coaster, when it's really more like a kidsy merry-go-round

Agreed.

I really like it a lot and I don't care about the faggots here who complain about it being nihilistic or reddit or whatever.

its not bad, but I dont think anything compares to how sweet that underwater episode was

So many kino moments.

>watching cartoons
>on netflix
>while denying your redditism

Replace Bojack with a whiskey drinking 50 year old crying about 'the good ol days when men were men' and keep all the same character themes and questions about life and watch as Sup Forums hails it as the greatest thing ever.

I think they do drama plenty of good, the comedy part it's certainly arguably, but the whole shit it's a trainwreck of epic proportions and you feel honestly down after watching it.

I feel as though the primary audience for Bojack like this poster sing its high hymns because they get off on seeing their particular neurotic hang ups reflected in its main character and derive some egotistical masturbatory pleasure in imagining themselves as a particular kind of 'deep, sensitive and tortured soul' worthy of artistic representation, that they, like the titular character, are surrounded by simpletons unable to understand the depth of their personal existential sufferings.

But that's just the impression I get.

Reddit

You're retarded. I relate more to Mr. Peanutbutter than Bojack.

why are you even here fag

Does Netflix have anything good other than Bojack?

That part when Diane and Mr Peanutbutter have a fight after the surprise party was probably the most realistic and portrayal of a couple fighting that I've seen. Not only was it so uncomfortable, it was also so even handed--both characters had such good reasons for acting the way they did that you couldn't even pick a side.

Whatever you say champ.

Anyone who actually believes that Bojack is better than the people around him either have the brain size of a peanut or they don't watch the show.

Without a doubt, Bojack Horseman is the absolute worse person on that show. An excellently done character but he is the shittiest of shitheads.

I would somewhat agree to this, but I think it also explores the idea that Bojacks problems are not just from depression, but himself. Yes, he's depressed but 100% of the time, he makes his own problems. He can choose to do the right thing, but at almost every opportunity, he doesn't.

It's all self-inflicted and I don't think we're supposed to sympathize with him. I think we're supposed to want to scream at him to stop.

Castlevania

1st season of Bloodline
I like The Crown a lot
House of Cards was pretty good for 2 or 3 seasons
I still like Orange is the New Black even though I understand why others wouldn't
Kimmy Schmidt is OK for a poor imitation of 30 Rock

The worst person is Todd.

The show really should get rid of him. The best episodes are the Bojack or Diane centered ones like when he goes to see the deergirl and fucks the daughter.

So you havent seen the sopranos

He's the worst character but not the worst person.
And even still, he's okay, just not as good as the others.

Diane is fucking awful. It's like they purposefully took all the reasons people hate Lisa Simpson, added more, and tried to make that a relatable character

>tried to make that a relatable character

Did they? I feel like they tried to make her faults actual faults.

Todd is just goofy comic relief that doesn't fit with the tone of the show.

Mr. Peanutbutter works cause he's a 10/10 chad who slaps your girl on the ass and makes you look like a total omega.

It sounds like you're insecure that you don't have stereotypical traits of highly intelligent people.

case in point

I always side with Peanut butter. He's perfect husbando material.

>I get major cognitive dissonance from the reality that smart people are less happy and more neurotic because it's strong evidence that the world and life are shit and my religion really is laughably ridiculous
>I'll desperately attempted to alleviate this feeling by spewing verbose nonsense that other two digit IQ neckbeards at least had the sense to condense into a single buzzword

Just go with fedora next time. Btw everyone you love is going to be dead someday lmao. Think hard about that.

no need to keep posting, you already proved my point.

You don't have a point, you're just another insecure dipshit who knows somewhere deep down in his little brain that he's only happy because he's too stupid to be unhappy. Deep down you know that if you were just a little smarter, a little more aware, the full weight of how pointless your shitty little life is would slam into you like that priest did. Bubble bubble.

I'm actually amused at how you rationalize your poor emotional well being. You're literally '>tfw to intelligent to be happy'

>leave Animated black comedy kino to me

>lacking this much reading comprehension.

It actually sounds like a Bojack excuse. I'm legitimately impressed.

Who knew such shitty people existed IRL.

>tfw 2 intelegent to be happy
It's actually true, though there's a few ways out. The ways out essentially simulate the blissful ignorance of stupidity, such as being good looking. No matter how much your rational mind realizes how horrible life is, if you're living on a cloud of privilege you won't feel it.

Anyway we live in a world where people who read their horoscopes tend to be happy. If the injustice and backwardness of that doesn't prove to you that consciousness was a mistake, you're retarded.

>reads Schopenhauer's wikipedia page once

>and tried to make that a relatable character
Only at first. She's set up to be a pain in the ass multiple times and season 3 ends with foreshadowing of her destroying her marriage.

>excuse

It's fact, not an excuse. Enjoyment of life has an inverse relationship with nearly all positive or noble human traits. It's pretty amazing, in a nightmarish sort of way.

I've never read any philosophy, I create my own from my own observations. Thanks for the ego boost though, I get one every single time some retarded sheep who actually went to his college lectures accuses me of parroting a famous intellectual.

Obviously you don't or else you'd be able to articulate your bargain bin pessimism in a way that didn't make you come off as a sullen highschooler mad at the world because a football player took the girl he pined for to the prom.

>teen begins to notice that bad and stupid people enjoy life more and have everything easier
Probably not an uncommon first step towards realizing ultimate truth

>it's a "there is a singular and ultimate truth in the world" episode

Bojack is actively a bad person though. I like the show for the reasons stated above but I don't see Bojack as some great person. He makes a lot of shit choices constantly. He tried to molest a teenager.

The only thing the last season was a great example of was squandering the entire season's buildup and being shitty.

>He tried to molest a teenager.
But she LITERALLY asked for it. More than once.

"DUDE NIHILISM HAHA FUCK LIFE I HATE IT MAN NOTHING MATTERS HAHAHAHAH"
Show's ok but Diane is a cunt and the episodes with political stuff are shit

Agreed. It is a fucking masterpiece.

Anyone who doesn't agree is a fucking pleb.

Todd should just go away thou. Or get some depth. like Mr. Peanutbutter did in that brother episode. He is just a stupid comic-relief retard. And no, the whole sexuality thing is not "depth".

>DUDE DEPRESSION LMAO

I don't see the appeal.

Who's that dog?

Shut the fuck up about reddit! No one cares, you tryhards! The constant complaining you do in every single thread is worse! Leave!