Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Shyamalan is going to save capeshit

my retarded roommate went to see it and said it was dope. so, no thanks. fuck yourself.

Better cinematic universe than DCEU and MCU combined

>when the unbreakable soundtrack kicks in at the end.

Enjoyable film. Cool tie-in with the other film as well.

I started watching it thinking that it's a serious psychological thriller and not a capeshit movie by Shamalamadingdog and it managed to fool me for a good majority of the film, so I guess it wasn't that bad.

Hello tumblr

What do you think Ayyfu's powers are?

>fool me
what fooled you? there wasn't a twist or anything

What did you guys make of Anya Taylor-Joy's performance?

If it means anything to you I found it on Sup Forums

Would have been cathartic if the kiddy diddling Uncle got btfo by the 12 gauge

>takes off clothes
>it isn't gratituous at all and establishes a plot point.
pretty good overall. Loli was cuter tho

the twist was it didnt suck and Anya had nice titties

What about the reveal that it takes place in Shyamalan Cinematic Universe? That's a twist

You know, I kinda thought his performance was a little too good. Like, he was too convincing as all those personalities. It kind of took away from the idea that "this is a dangerous crazy guy" and instead made it like "this is a cast of independent characters portrayed by the same actor."

Still liked it though.

But then the movie would have been pointless since she only lived thanks to self mutilating due to living with her uncle

Fooled me into thinking that it's a serious movie aiming to portray it's subject matter in a way that may be exaggerated for cinematic purposes, but not downright fantastical.

>doctor says blind woman grows her eyes back because her personality really believes that she can see.
>not fantastical.

Buuuut it really is a whole group of different identities, I mean that's the point, Kevin's identities were vindicated because the beast turned out to be real - as in, they believed that the beast was super powerful and the belief made it so. Thus the identities that kevin believed in were real too, and not just one crazy guy roleplaying who could be made sane and whole again.
>not whole
>split

Not enough gore

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Well, yeah, I know that's how it ACTUALLY was,
but I'm just saying the movie would have had more tension if every personality wasn't quite so starkly individual, and instead all carried a certain common undercurrent of dangerous wackjob, so that it gave you the feeling that he could flip out at any moment and tear a hole in someone's belly and start raping it.

That would go against the entire point of the character. Hedwig is just a 9 year old who listens to kanye and has a crush on Casey. Patricia is a nice middle aged lady who really likes funky mystical stuff. The history buff really loves studing medival indian history with the aggressive expansion of islam.

Throwing away all the characterisation for some tension is pretty shitty.

Garbage like this pleb board

amazing acting by mcavoy

i actually liked it til the very end! was still on board with the idea of a sequel but then night had to dong in a retarded way. fuck the expended dongverse.

She didn't grow eyeballs, there were new neuron synapses that circumvented the problem

Haley lu richardson was beautiful in this

I fucking hate this film. I do admire the success, both critical and financial. Really, it's fucking impressive how a goddamn PG-13 film that unironically has a fatass pedo uncle get half-naked in front of his neice and make pig noises before telling her he's "going to look after" her did so well not just at the box office, not just among most mainstream critics, but also among online "reviewers" and "critics" who worship this film as some sort of artistic feat.

It's a business feat. Artistically it's fucking worse than Fast and the Furious and as bad as Transformers. Props to Shyamalan for somehow managing to make this much money on such a small budget without getting ripped to shreds by SJWs for glamorizing child abuse as some kind of superpower unlocking plot device, only to troll everyone at the end by revealing it to be part of the Unbreakable universe so the whole "pain begets superpowers" bullshit makes sense.

Acting is hammy and overrated but Hedwig cringe dance almost made it worth it.

Fuck Shyamalan I hope he dies in a ditch.

Not as good as I thought it was going to be, but it was still enjoyable. I would've liked to have actually seen more of the different personalities, you only see like 9/20 or whatever in the movie. The Unbreakable tie in didn't really have an effect on me since I have not seen it, and everyone I know who saw Split had a similar experience.

the nigress gave me jungle fever