/spiderman 4/ general

Bring back Raimi

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xlQrg08AF1U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>people unironically want Raimi after he shat the bed with 3 just because "reee forced diversity"

This is genuinely more stupid than wanting Lucas back as a director

>This is genuinely more stupid than wanting Lucas back as a director

if you ever compare sam raimi to george lucas again i will fucking think you have bad taste in film

And yet 3 is still way more entertaining than anything that came after it

I know how this could work right now.Make Peter a retired superhero and then have him go back to being Spider-Man because the city police is getting BTFO by the villain.

>He says as Spider-Man 3 is the third best Spider-Man

>He was supposed to be Mysterio in 4th Raimi Spiderman

If in all the films it was the same character but in different jobs, what do you think drove him to turn himself into Mysterio?

Homecoming is far and away a better film than 3. Even fucking ASM is better than 3.

>1. Homecoming
>2. SM2
>3. SM

I don't see 3 on there friend

I legitimately laughed. Thanks man.

Why do you think Homecoming was better than SM1 or SM2?

He meets peter again and pisses him off for real this time

He's a burnt out former hollywood actor who was able to bullshit himself into different jobs before being fired for being a shitbag. Eventually people figured out he had no actual qualifications and he was on the streets after 3. Pal Phineas Mason from Hollywood who is a talented but beta former animatronics/special FX takes pity on him and lets him move in. Convinces Mason to build him tech so he can "portray" a super-villain and destroy Spider-Man in a grand art piece after seeing GG, Doc Ock, Sandman, and Venom taken down by him time after time.

yeah no

I got hyped

And this was canceled because?

Why you fucking retards acting like they didn't want Raimi you god damn fucking idiots

He said he would only do it if he could do a good one

Raimi told Sony he couldn't make it good enough in the time they had to make it in

Because I Ultimate Spider-Man is one of my favorite runs of all time and it's the first film that totally sold me on Peter being a real high school student/vigilante. It also pulled off the friendly neighborhood aspect better than any of the preceding films. SM1 and SM2 just feel very cliche and overly bombastic by comparison. The characters in Homecoming felt more believable. I thought Vulture was a better villain as played by Keaton than all of the previous villains. I prefer Tom Holland to Tobey as both Peter Parker and Spider-Man. He sells being a brilliant NY teen better. Tobey never really had any humor as Spider-Man. He was good at dramatic downtrodden scenes but not much else.

Someone should petition this shit to be made instead of Diversitycoming.Hell you could make it like the Quicksilver thing and make the Raimi Spider Man a different universe or at least give us the script.

I made all that up, user.

Amy Pascal's stupidity

It wasn't the same fucking character.

>Raimi admitted to being "exhausted" with the "tremendous amount of delegation" needed to make "gigantic" movies like the Spider-Man films. However, it ultimately came down to an inability to get together a suitable story that led him to pass on a fourth installment of the blockbuster franchise. "It really was the most amicable and undramatic of breakups: It was simply that we had a deadline and I couldn't get the story to work on a level that I wanted it to work. I was very unhappy with Spider-Man 3, and I wanted to make Spider-Man 4 to end on a very high note, the best Spider-Man of them all. But I couldn't get the script together in time, due to my own failings, and I said to Sony, "I don't want to make a movie that is less than great, so I think we shouldn't make this picture. Go ahead with your reboot, which you've been planning anyway." And [Sony co-chairman] Amy Pascal said, "Thank you. Thank you for not wasting the studio's money, and I appreciate your candor." So we left on the best of terms, both of us trying to do the best thing for fans, the good name of Spider-Man, and Sony Studios."

fucking idiots

>both of us trying to do the best thing for fans, the good name of Spider-Man, and Sony Studios."

And then we got ASM2 lmao

Who needs petition when we got meme magic

Better not. 3 was terrible and Uncle Ben way too racist.

Could've been worse. This was the SPIDER-MAN 4 script.

>Five years after Harry Osborn's death, Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) and Mary-Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst) are married and have son, Ben, who inherited his father's superpowers. Peter is working as an assistant to Dr. Curt Connors (Dylan Baker) at Empire State University, and has an affair with Connors' student Felicia Hardy (Anne Hathaway). Her adoptive father, criminal mastermind Adrian Toomes (John Malkovich), acquires the Daily Bugle from retired J. Jonah Jameson (J.K. Simmons) to use as a front while he aspires to take over the city's criminal underworld with his advanced bird-shaped remote-controlled suit of armor, the Vulture.

>During a confrontation between the two, Spider-Man destroys the Vulture, indirectly killing Toomes, who is neurally connected to the automaton. Felicia swears revenge and creates a suit of armor for herself, becoming the Vulturess. She goes after Spider-Man and beats him in a fight, but spares him after learning his secret identity. However, she breaks up with him, sells the Daily Bugle back to Jameson and moves to Europe. MJ finds out about Peter's affair, files for a divorce and moves with Ben to Los Angeles to pursue a modeling career. Overwhelmed by his mistakes, Peter abandons the identity of Spider-Man once again.

THE END!

It was supposed to lead to SPIDER-MAN 5 where Peter fights the Lizard and earns Mary-Jane's forgiveness.

I agree. Sm1 didn't age well.

this doesn't even sound that bad

I would watch it if MJ was relegated to a background characted with no screentime. No divorce, no modelling career.

Everything else is in the vein of Raimi Spidey

there's 0% of this happening r-right?

We got Trump elected

We got Brendan back in Hollywood

You think we cant get a sequel out of a failing studio desperate for money?

>We got Brendan back in Hollywood
source?

Fake and gay

I hope so.It would be nice if I live in a timeline where that movie was actually released.

>it was the same character but in different jobs
No it wasn't, you tard. He had a fucking french accent in the third one.

Are you fucking stupid?

You're right about what the characterization of Peter in homecoming was, but I think it's vastly inferior to Raimi's treatment of the character.
In SM1 peter grows tremendously as a character from an irresponsible kid abusing powers to a genuine hero who is conflicted between his responsibility and the people he loves.
In Homecoming Peter's only development is realizing he doesn't want to completely uproot his life in order to be an Avenger (even though all he wanted in the first place was to go on missions, not relocate). He screws up constantly and scarcely learns anything. And finally, after making the same mistakes he made at the start of the movie, Tony comes out and says Peter was right (despite nearly causing the next 9/11).
I didn't hate Homecoming, but it was not even in the same league as SM1 or SM2 for me.

bait

>Thank you. Thank you for not wasting the studio's money
What a bitch

>"It's silly. It's a silly movie. There just isn't much there. Once you take it all apart, there's not much story, is there?"

Are we gonna save the gooks at Sony to bring us a good Spider Man film in recent years?

>It's gonna be great

>hopefully it would work

i will never EVER forgive them for ditching spiderman 4 in 2015

Why didn't they revive the Raimi series? The Raimi series are guaranteed 800 mil-1 bil. mark.

>kevin seems offended

So studios want Spiderman 4

Audiences want Spiderman 4

We gotta blast this meme campaign at full throttle and this will definitely fucking happen.

Well, he's not wrong, and I like Spiderman 3.

So,when do we start and how?

That's what these /spiderman 4/ generals are for.

Together we can and we will meme the fuck out of getting a sequel

Stop acting like this trilogy was great. It wasn't. It's only good in comparison to what came after.

>Even fucking ASM is better than 3.
Let's not go that far. ASM2 is the worst Spider-Man movie.

Homecoming >>>>> Raimi shit

Your meme: 2/10

I agree, I rewatched 2 and found that a lot that I liked about it was just nostalgia from when I was a young kid. Of course Sup Forums thinks Homecoming is the worst ever because it has "diversity" yet I've seen no one actually complaining about the quality of the acting,

youtube.com/watch?v=xlQrg08AF1U

Can you imagine if something this ridiculous was in Homecoming. Sup Forums would be having a field day.

Not a meme, it's a fact
Homecoming is much more inline with the Spidey comics than Raimi's shit fanfiction

Never understood the 'Tobey looked like and old man in HS' meme, he looks really young in that scene

SpiderFlop Spiderflop
just look at that weekend drop
Losing Cash? Holy Cow
Not even China can save it now
LOOK OUT! here comes the SpiderFlop

Spiderman 2 was not a good movie. Spiderman 2 was a overrated hack job with a shitty story and a pathetic rehash of a villian. Toby maquire sucked as spiderman and was a mopey cartoon with no depth. The villian fucking sucked...doc ock was turned to a mopey shit villian with cliche motivations that paled next to fafoe goblin. Spiderman 2's main plot point felt utterly contrived and lazy...him losing his powers felt out of fucking nowhere and not to mentioned it popped up at convenient times(almost like a bad Saturday morning cartoon).

Grow up and accept that ramni films are awful films and that homecoming has a real story. Toby sucked as Peter parker and had no depth or nauance to him. I rather take Tom Holland over empty nostalgia.

That one is a 1/10.

God, imagine having taste so immensely shit you force yourself not to enjoy good movies just because people have nostalgia for them.

HAHA this is so bad, oh god.

The movie is designed to be a little cartoony. It was trying to live up to a comic book atmosphere. It was praised for its silliness when it came out

Not an argument

My dear user, Homecoming was pretty much a spiderman comic. I'm not saying the movie was great, i enjoyed it but even the new costume is flat and pays homage to classic spiderman.

He definitely looks older than most seniors. And flash Thompson looks at least 25. Not to mention the ridiculous double flip he does to dodge the guy behind him. Then sends an at least 180lb human being flying back at least 20 feet with a punch to the chest who is somehow okay. If some ridiculous shit like that happened in homecoming there would be non stop webms being posted with people laughing at it.

>2020, Spider-Man vs the Amazing Spider-Man

How the fuck would that work

Or, even bette idea, hear me out guise, what if, guise , hear me out with this one, how about you
STOP IT WITH THE FUCKING WORN OUT SPIDER MAN MOVIES.
WHO NEEDS MORE THAN 2 MOVIES OF THE SAME BORING ASS CAPESHIT CHARACTER.

Jesus Christ you are all autists.

That one's a tired meme retort and you haven't provided one reason you don't like Raimi's movies.

SM4 will never happen. come on guys, seriously.

after ASM, ASM 2, Homecoming? that's 2 reboots and one of them has a fucking sequel. stop acting retarded.

>sends an at least 180lb human being flying back at least 20 feet with a punch to the chest who is somehow okay

Unironically a cinemasins tier criticism

I don't, I literally rewatched it in order to compare them because I hadn't seen it in over a decade and I thought it wasn't that good. It has nothing to do with people having nostalgia for it. I was merely commenting on my own self realization that I thought of the movie as being great mostly from nostalgia.

are you ok?

Tell me something this stupid that happened in homecoming. I repeat if Peter in homecoming punched Flash in school and sent him flying back 20 feet in front of a crowd of onlookers and he was perfectly fine. The webm of that shit would be spammed on Sup Forums for weeks and laughed at.

The fact that they thought the Shitister Six would make 2 billion.

desu it sounds like you just haven't had time to let it sink in. I went through a period where I just assumed they weren't that good because they're for kids but people kept saying they were good but I'm not that bright when it comes to understanding why movies are good so I kept watching them and eventually I realized why.

With the years I liked Spider-Man 3 more. I still hate how Raimi used Venom and the stupid parts of Peter dancing and all of that but apart from that I like the rest of the movie. I like how Harry redeems himself and help Peter at the end. I also like the Sandman character and how Peter forgive him at the end. It has great action scenes too. I can't remember the entire movie now but the initial scene with Harry attacking Peter and how he is get his mouth blown up is a good scene.

I am aware that nostalgia plays a big role on how I see the Raimi movies but after having seen the other movies I still feel like if the Raimi movies have soul and makes you feel something and the others are just entertainment.

Comic books don't have ridiculous physical acts in them?

The only reason this board has such a hard-on for Raimi is because of that homophobic joke in the first Spider-Man and his apparent aversion to casting people of color in lead roles.

Raimi is a horror director, not an action film director. In today's climate, I'd much prefer someone like Joss Whedon helm Spider-Man. He'd be more suited to the MCU style anyway.

You seem lost.

Same here. People pull the forced double villain at the end complaint out of their ass, but look the other way for Dark Knight doing it way worse.

Spiderman was a little campy, definitely had a comic book feel, but it was supposed to. I thought first three were okay for it's time, when comic book movies were jusy trying formulas and seeing what stuck and what didn't.

For all it's quirks, 3 was still my favorite Spiderman looking, but I haven't watched in years. I saw the first Amazing Spiderman and didn't care for it. Stopped after that.

They're badly written and have some of the shittiest acting I ever saw.

Elaborate.

I think I was pretty clear. I don't need to write an essay on a mongolian silk knitting board to say a movie is shit. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

The only one showing feelings here is you.

So you can't defend your claim with one example?

>implying it wasn't Sony's fault for wanting to shove le Venom in the movie to appease the neckbeards when Raimi said no
Dumb underaged b&

Chill out, tumblr

Sadly Toby and the gang are way too fucking old for the role, as if they weren't old enough back then.