Find a flaw

Find a flaw
>pro tip: there isn't any

>very little blood

whats your rating?
Did you like this more or NCFOM released same year.

too boring
didn't make sense (if he's so rich why is he unhappy)
terrible music
supposed to be a western but there are no cowboys
paul dano's plan made no sense (pretend to be two different brothers because.. reasons)
kills his own brother just because there has to be an edgy murder scene

5/10 overall

He wasn't his own brother, he reveals before his death.
Also, I am not rich so can't tell if getting rich makes you happy or its the instinct nature of yours that just gets intensified.For Plainview it was his greed and hatred.
He never was happy. He was happy momentarily for some events and he didn't carry this nature. He carried his nature of greed and hatred to the end.

Jesus christ how old are you? And if you're not a fucking baby, how dull are you?

The "brother" he kills is an imposter. He's the one person to whom Daniel opens up, only to find his worst cynical beliefs about people to be confirmed.

Daniel is a misanthrope. The film doesn't offer any convenient bs explanation for this because showing one scene of an abusive father or other things of that ilk would make the film unfocued and trite. Instead they constructed a rich portrait of a man that lets you infer stuff about his past life, family, childhood based on how he repsonds to people giving him shit about his son, that imposter taking advantage of him, that little girl named Mary being abused, people allowing themselves to be fooled by Eli's bs lies, etc.

casting paul dano as two people cause the other actor had to go was a lazy move

Yeah i'll concede that Dano is weird in the film. But hey it kinda works because I hate Paul Dano in everything I see him in because of his stupid fucking face, so it just helped me relate to Daniel even more. Your point still stands though.

Hands down the worst move I've ever seen.

>Bill the Butcher goes oilin' with the worst supporting cast ever
Nah, I'm good.

wait dano played 2 roles in this? fuck me

what a garbage "film"

boring and incoherent

silence silence RAAAAAAAAGE day lewis hack mother bitch ass nigga lols imo

>takes in kid of a dead faggot
>kid gets fucked up
>disown him

I don't get why he went through the trouble of raising another mans child for image purposes. He was already good at pretending to like people. Do people say, well, this guy is a total piece of shit, but he has a kid so I guess he can buy us out to drill for oil. Completely fucking stupid.

it sucks.

But it has a verisimilitude as this creative choice on the part of the director leads to the completely valid audience interpretation that the two characters are really the same person.

Even without this, confusion of male familial identity is a central theme of the film. Having this one actor sorta-play(?!?!) two different characters just adds fuel to the interpretive fire, which is the fun of discussing the film.

Last I checked, the only real, substantive ammunition that the "they're two different people fag, shut up" pooh-pooher normies have at their disposal is the scene where Eli beats his father and rages about a stupid son. But even if we invoke Paul directly here, the episode is easily explained in terms of Eli's own mental instability - notice that the rest of the Sunday family /never talks about Paul/. This type of talk is exclusive to Daniel and Eli, with spillings-over on Daniel's side of the world. Outside of Eli, the Sunday family never positively verifies Paul (it's been a while but I'll put a dollar on it).

All these years and I thought Adana had some kind of personality disorder where he thought he was two people. I don't know if finding out he was a twin makes it better or worse.

*DANO, Fucking phone

Stupid phoneposter

what am i seeing..

Paul Dano plays two different brothers, the one who comes to Daniel with the offer of oil on his land for some money and he also plays the other brother who is the preacher. At the end of the film Daniel references the first brother, in that he's doing well for himself while the preacher brother is basically begging for a loan.

what are they saying in the original webm?

>didn't make sense (if he's so rich why is he unhappy)

really? what are you 20?

The rivalry with the priest almost seem to drop off screen just before it's climax. I still understood what happened but it felt like that storyline just hit a dead end. Great movie though.

exquisite bait

This is by far the best bait I have ever seen on this site. You should be proud. Bravo good sir. Bravo.