Samurai Jack
Bojack Horseman
The Critic
Mission Hill
The Venture Bros
Daria
Sealab 2021
The Life and Times of Tim

that one isn't good either. it started fine but then every third scene is WANDAAAAAAAAAAAAA and Clown isn't even in the final season that much.

frisky dingo is the funniest show

What's bad about Castlevania?

fucking Life and Times of Tim. I really wish they didn't take it off youtube, that kept me sane for about 3 years. Can't they at least put it on HBOGo?

Yeah, too bad Archer only managed to be funny for its inaugural season

I really don't understand why HBO won't put it back on GO. Maybe there's some licensing dispute going on behind the scenes.

The new show on Amazon (I think it's Amazon) by the same people doesn't look anywhere near as funny as Tim

>Scat or you're fired

OG Batman Animated series

this is, like, really bad

youtube.com/watch?v=YSlrv2bQPhI

it definitely got better when it became the new batman adventures

thats a really weird way of spelling "turned to runny shit"

at least we'll always have vegas

What happened? Why was it never continued?

>Spawn
>mature
Spawn is literally the thing that everyone is talking about when they make fun of all the tryhard "edgy" shit that comics were doing in the 90s.

HBO wasn't the ratings power-house it is today, and thus had a lot less ability to fund shows

No one's talking about the comic. Comics are universally shit.

Holy shit I remembered this on tv from when I was a kid and I've looked for this for years and couldn't figure out what it was. Thank you user.

This is a good list to start but skip Bojack in my opinion. Also add any Tex Avery era cartoon.

Pure kino:
youtube.com/watch?v=YsOsrjPp_WE

The writing is almost entirely hot garbage.

WTF this is great thanks for posting user

>all the comments that think it's a new show

Burke & Twitch were the only thing of worth in this piece of crap. Everytime spawn shows up is a fucking waste of time; klown and cogliostro can fuck off because all i care about is muh wanda. Gwyn only made sense as a villain with the senator thing. And wanda is a bitch with a shitty va

The writing in almost all jap/pseudo-jap animation is hot garbage. It looks nice, which is almost entirely the point.

Good job user, here, a cookie for you.

holy fuck this is utterly awful

this is like watching a documentary on something you dont care about

I mean, it had about as many one-liners as any adult superhero cartoon, including Spawn. You just didn't like the goat joke, and you're a fag for it.

The Maxx
Aeon Flux
The Head

That garlic line in the beginning was insane

I can't believe someone approved of that

youtube.com/watch?v=wtytbh50ChQ

>Writing is always bad so its okay that this writing is bad.

wut

>mature cartoons
xD O i am laffin

It couldn't decide if it was a comedy or a serious adaptation. It didn't help that all the jokes fell flat.

Also the entirety of the church arc was contrived and contributed nothing to the story.

If you feel that way I can't change your mind. I'm not good enough with words anyway.

Forgot:
Heavy Metal

fire and ice
heavy metal
wizards
Starchaser: The Legend of Orrin

>Aeon Flux
Speaking of all style no substance. The Maxx is good though.

Great style, though. Watching a cartoon for substance is a mistake. You should be happy if you get it.

>wizards
I maintain the ending of this movie is how Harry Potter should have ended.

There are things cartoons can do better than live action and it being consigned to children's stuff, low budget comedies, and anime crap is a tragedy imo

I always figured the stuff that it does better is boiled down to cheap but good effects for fantasy building, and presenting the audience with characters that would just be ridiculous to try to pull off in a live action medium. Live action can provide all the substance cartoons can and then some, so I've always allowed myself to look for style *and then* substance when it comes to animation. When it's substance > style or even both of equal importance, it's a happy surprise.

The only thing that can save American mature cartoons is an animated Val Zod series showing him defeating the brainwashed evil Superman.

>The only thing that can save American mature cartoons is more capeshit
Dumbest thing I've read all year. Do you also think Marvel movies are mature?

>I always figured the stuff that it does better is boiled down to cheap but good effects for fantasy building, and presenting the audience with characters that would just be ridiculous to try to pull off in a live action medium.
Imagine if this sudden interest in sword and sorcery shit had happened and adult animation was acceptable in the US. ASOIAF would be so much better adapted as a cartoon.

No one likes Archer? It's been going downhill for years, but the first three seasons were GOAT.

>dat Power Tits

That was amazing.

tfw fapped to Angela. Spawn was pretty good. hopefully McFarlane gets the film going soon.

Xmen from the 90s was pretty great

Thats not true cartoons can convey certain themes better its not restricted from reality

I remember fapping to this when I was younger.

McFarlane probably infected me with his love for curvy redheads with gigantic hair.

>REPLACE HIS BRAIN WITH A COMPUTER
>You can't do that, I'm a United States senator!
Masterpiece

So... who's read "Flowers for Algernon?"

Greatest american cartoon of all time

m.youtube.com/watch?v=E70q9ojUauM

Fuck yes!

> "I am the edge"

the hellboy animated movies are good

It isn't nearly as good as you remember. Trust me on this.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7QvnhJgeA

DO YOU BELIVE IN GOD?

best Rogue though.

ehhh couldn't finish the first season. too stupid.

Watched it the other day
it's a classic

And Apocalypse.

This.

And this.

Hell, and this.

youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M

Spawn is actually pretty shit tier from a comic perspective. Todd Macfarlane and a bunch of comic artists started Image comic so artists could own their own characters but in an ironic twist all the founders were shit tier authors themselves.

He basically only sustained himself off of toys in the 90's using designs that weren't even related to the comic which sort of second-hand instilled the idea that Spawn was even "a thing" in the 90's.

Stan Lee vs 90s comics.
youtube.com/watch?v=RmLFGWAyajU

none we have none spawn was close but failed.

>this fucking tumblr teen list

All fair criticisms but let's see him object to McFarlane's big haired big tittied ladies.

>What are some American mature cartoons that are actually good

Spawn is about it.

Everything else is adolescent comedy at best.

How could anyone consider any of this 'mature'? Like, I'd be fine with near any 10-14 year old watching these.

this

>mature
Maturity doesn't mean blood and skulls, you fucking manchild.

>Castlevania is fucking garbage

The castlevania shills must have gone to sleep. Just wait for it.

they're on Sup Forums right now

OP is a fucking faggot

ITT: People with shit taste. I've never played any Castlevania but these 4 episodes really moved me to another eerie world and I fucking like it. Has an old but true feel to it, no reddit quips, is spoopy in a good sense, and adequate gore.

Most boring cartoon ever.

>fight scenes suck
>slowmo story progression
>visual novel but not animated series

Have a real american cartoon
kisscartoon.io/Cartoon/Justice-League-Season-03/

B-but they show christianity in a bad light! PLEASE SMITE THEM ALL! GIANT SKY GANDALF!

EXO-squad.
European theatre WW2 in space with blue Hitler and no good guys\bad guys.

there they are

lovely ol' marketer shills

Maturity certainly doesn't mean laughs over drugs and sex either.

youtube.com/watch?v=zWwl7-xwMSc

>Ralph Bashki
Based animation jew of big tits and thicc

Does that one scene happen in the Castlevania show? You know the one.

This one: youtube.com/watch?v=OMTizJemHO8

>justice league

Now I get the general audience of this thread, fucking dorks

>Jewvania

America is a protestant country.

so?

Stay mad christcuck

mad about what

Television hasn't progressed a millimetre.

>all the founders were shit tier authors themselves.

Alan Moore it's one of them.

There's a couple of Spawn comics made by him and part of the first run of darkness.

that dude's entire portrayal is him hijacking the church in order to be a tyrant, and he gets rightfully btfo. and, of course;

youtu.be/OMTizJemHO8?t=16

Alan Moore was a mercenary who would do anything back in the day. He even did a run on WildC.A.T.S.

Let's just be perfectly honest. Netflixvania's portrayal of the church is way more historically accurate. For a long time they weren't particularly tolerant of weird shit, be it magic or electrical lights.