/who/ Only post in this thread if you are disgusted with a female Doctor General

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LkoGBOs5ecM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Worse thread incoming.

vote
vote

I love Jodie.

how does having a female doctor add to the show whatsoever?
Is it not completely obvious that this is a shitty gimmick to try and pull back the smith audience that bailed during capaldi?

Repetitive? I did it fucking once, and only because you refuse to believe there's any creative reason behind the decision at all after I gave an example of how it could be used creatively.

>74% yes
wew sure is reddit in here

how did going back to an old doctor (capaldi) add to the show?

Hope they write him very feminine and seductive.
Will be awesome.

>how does having a female doctor add to the show whatsoever?

How would having another male Doctor? Why does it need a justification?

hi pol

No sir, all thirteen!

We got invaded. That is some kind of raid. An attack on Sup Forums stronghold. Now they will spread.

Find one reason. Believable. Not cheesy.

>haha u bigot wots wrong with changing something after 55 years and expecting you not to react???

its a women

whats the big deal?

capaldi was a far better actor than smith and a much more believeable doctor than smith, tennant, or eccelston
he was a doctor that people who actually watched the old show (unlike you reboot era fags) could appreciate as truer to the original tone of the show

>Find one reason. Believable. Not cheesy.

I don't know, I'm not the showrunner. Maybe it's part of some celestial cycle, maybe the Doctor was in a feminine mood or whatever. Why would it need an explanation at all?

Chibnall always wanted to make a femDoc. If it changes nothing, why did he want that ? It must bring something. He said he had a 5 years long plan and a vision and cast his Doctor because of this.

:)

Embarrassing for you, right ?

>wots wrong with changing something after 55 years

seriously, what is wrong with changing it? also, point to where that person said they expected you not to react

Well, from a purely business standpoint you just threw away the tumblr crowd to appease people who don't even watch the show.

I'm sure that won't have any negative consequences.

Let's assume that Chinball shits the bed with Series 11 and he's now you've been appointed with taking charge of Series 12. Also assume that during this time you're short a team of writers and instead it's up to you to pen 13 episodes. Post the tiles to your thirteen episodes as well as anything else you'd like to include. ALso, would you start from scratch with a new Doctor or would you keep 13 and add your personal spin on it?

1.The Grove of Skulls
2. Anywhere and Everywhere
3. The Burning Hands of Sarn
4. Belly of the Beast
>The Tardis has been consumed by an intergalactic asteroid eater and it's up to the Doctor to liberate his vessel before it's lost forever in the belly of the beast.
5. The Forgotten Companion
>The Doctor comes face to face with a companion he had previously left stranded on a alien world because they had believed them dead. Immediately after their rocky reunion it's obvious this forgotten friends has more on their thoughts than rekindling a friendship.
6. The Wheel of Eternity
7. Gambler's Folly
8. Metallic Harvest
9. The Knight of Nightmares
10. Writher
11. Sudden Death
12. The Tomb of the Lost Lords (Pt. 1)
13. Gods of Yore (Pt. 2)

I had come up with these titles when I was imagining a series of 7th doctor stories.

Ahah trying to escape. Why a reason ? Explained it 5 times already. lol

I feel like its going to be the complete opposite because they'd catch alot of flack for female stereotyping
A ditsy female doctor would actually be interesting, but i guarentee they are going to go with a stronk female women character

>Believable. Not cheesy.
>Doctor Who

lol

The show already changes every few years anyway

I find it doubtful you could like every single one of the distinct previous Doctors and then suddenly dislike an incarnation simply for being a woman

What? Hasn't Tumblr been foaming at the mouth for a female Doctor?

>much more believeable doctor than smith, tennant, or eccelston
thats an entirely subjective assessment
> appreciate as truer to the original tone of the show
>he adds to the show by being the same as before

wat

>what is wrong with changing it?
well the old phrase comes to mind: if it aint broke don't fix it
Whats to be gained by the doctor becoming female?
obviously the execs think viewers, but i seriously doubt that

>Chibnall always wanted to make a femDoc. If it changes nothing, why did he want that ? It must bring something. He said he had a 5 years long plan and a vision and cast his Doctor because of this.

Yeah so? Just because he has a reason doesn't mean there needs to be one. Every piece of fiction is on some level a contrivance.

I'd suck his timeclit.

No. Are you retarded?

Their entire obsession with the show is shipping the doctor with every other male in the show in their cringey fan fiction.

Stronk female ? Moreso than other nuwho Doctor who were flawed and in self doubts ?
AGENDA ALL THE Way :D :D

That because the Doctor has always been male there must be a reason why she's now female? You realise it's fiction right? It's not a real phenomenon that needs to obey laws of probability or whatever you're harping on about.

>every lead in this show is male for over half a century
>decision is made that that's no longer "acceptable" in "progressive" modern society
>im not only supposed to ignore this, I'm supposed to praise it
No, this show has had a very distinct format for this long, there's no reason to change it, no benefit to changing it, and the majoroty of the people eho support it don't even watch the show they jsut want to push their agenda.

You know they are just going to throw "muh womenz humor lol girl problems muh period" type shit at it instead of actually you know kicking that stupid gay faggot showrunner out and improve the writing, next on their agenda will be a black gay trans jewish man because of muh qoutas or the doctor will have a lezbo sideplot or somethign stupid

None of this shite actually adds anything to the show and just drags the quality of it down because of how bad its done.

The Wire and many other shows did this sort of "diversity" casting & writing right because it made us give a shit about the characters and most of their motivations and actions made sense, they didnt expect us to immediately care about them just because of x or y or the fact that they are black or a women etc.

However in latter seasons of doctor who the episode formula/plot goes like this

>Oh no doctor this thing is bad
>doctor points sonic dildo at thing
>thing fix
>oh no baddy reveals themselves
>doctor who kill thing with sonic dildong
>oh no i ded x_x
>fin

theres so puzzle solving or clever writing like older series, especially pre reboot.

I'd kill for BBC to let the yanks or someone else take a stab at this because moffat has made the past 3+ seasons completely unwatchable for me

Let's write a scenario by generating random words. Not like we needed logic, reason or that kind of stuff.

>things should stay the way they are because they've always been that way

what a shit argument

>had a very distinct format for this long

Yes, an alien adventurer called the Doctor dicks about in space and time

There's nothing inherently male about that

Honestly I think you people would have been complaining even if this had happened decades ago much in the same vein as "oh, it's only *third wave* feminism I don't like"

This thread went full shitstorm. My god.

>things should change because they havent been that way before
haah looks like my reductionist strawmanning wins again sorry drumpfkin

It could be a nice change, like how Captain Janeway was for the Star Trek series.

The doctor and thee
>the doctor is capture by the newly recreated torchwood under suspition that she is the master as torchwood only knew that the master was female. Jack hits on the doctor etc.

>Next episode is the doctor and torchwood fighting some alien.

Dude wheres my tardis
>The doctor fixes the chameleon circuit and loses the tardis for an episode while the companion is inside trying to save themselves, subsequently moving the tardis to random places and disguising it more.

these are my only episodes and they are trash.

I want 13's companion to be jenny and jack, no normal humans for a season

>Let's write a scenario by generating random words. Not like we needed logic, reason or that kind of stuff.

This is honestly what most of Moffat's run has felt like so it's a weird criticism to make.

>disguarding and warping what made a show popular until its hardly recognizable

Imagine if GoT just suddenly stopped killing people off randomly, people would stop watching it but because we're talking about Doctor Who and the bar has been set so low for so many years imho everything after Tennant and Smiths seasons is garbage

>There's nothing inherently male about that
Aside from the fact Males are traditionally problem solvers, adventurors, warriors, and bread winners where as women's only responsibility is the continuation of the species via childbirth.

never said they should change, but there is no reason they can't

May I ask you to use a trip so that I can ignore you ?

I'm honestly surprised we never got a DON'T FART, FART AND YOU'RE DEAD episode about flammable gaseous aliens or something

I do hope I haven't given Chibnall any ideas

Shit happens when SJW culture warriors suddenly jump in and destroy a long existing culture.

>There's nothing inherently male about a series where every main character has been male
Lol ok

Trying to apply what passes for reason among internet autists to a piece of fiction is a mug's game.

>slitheen

>haha my apathetic nihilism wins again
Jesus Christ, why are neo-liberals so annoying to argue with?

Not resisting change = supporting it.

Where are those thread hijackers coming from ?

>something something traditions something something biotruths

You must lead a very sad life with such a narrow worldview

What if #13 is The Valeyard

Will they mention the Doctor being a woman every 5 seconds like they did with Bill being gay?

Lel i cant wait how the shoehorn typical male traits onto this new female doctor to show how stronk she is.

Fuck we already toyed with this idea with the mary jane adventures.

Its gonna be like a retarded live action version of the magic schoolbus

>Imagine if GoT just suddenly stopped killing people off randomly

Good, because they was played out 5 years ago.

>dude why should bees harvest pollen lol why cant the queen do it are you some kind of queenphobeist or something

>the boardie invasion of /who/

This thread is an absolute shit show

Redditor. Fuck off.

No one is hijacking anything you retarded cunt.

wait bill was a homo?

>neo-liberals

That's not what that word means.

This. When will reddit lesve?

i havent watched Dr Who since capaldi, have i missed anything? That sounds retarded
How can you retards not see Dr Who's quality has been on a downward spiral since Matt Smiths seasons

youtu.be/LkoGBOs5ecM

Thank moffat

What do you think?

not the same user here but
>a return to the original tone of an iconic show after fucking shit up with multiple completely unbelievable variations of the main character is a bad thing
I absolutely hate faggots like you and ill tell you why
The old doctor who was a fantastic sci-fi show. Honestly couldn't really name any issues ive had through all of it save a couple of particularly annoying companions and unnecessarily stretched out plotlines.
Nothing needs to change about it. There isn't anything to be gained with modernization beyond a streamlined time format and better visual effects. All issues with the reboots have come from abandoning the classic tone and themes of the show.
This is why matt smith and tennants edgelord rants were so unbearably cringey. The originals were never really focused on the doctors development. He and the tardis were often not much more then glorified set pieces, with the viewer in the companion role experiencing this foreign universe with the doctor as a guide and filter to understand and interact with it. Thats what made little nuggets of information about the doctor so interesting, because his character was mysterious and distant despite being on screen the majority of the time.
I don't care that the doctor has a vagina. It shouldn't matter. The doctors development is not supposed to be the central point of the show.
So a move like this shifts the focus away from the greater universe to one singular being, a complete bastardization of the original ideas and tone of the original work

Yeah, but they're the ones *doing* the farting, it's not the same

Valeyard isn't an incarnation, he's magical space gestalt bullshit

This whole ANYONE CAN DIE trend really annoys me

They try to justify it by saying it's more suspenseful if you don't know whether the hero will survive or not but if your answer to "how is the hero going to escape this one" is "they don't, they die" that's just boring

Of course.
We ll get strong female stuff
Future is all woman
Nail polish
Periods
Hair
White evil male
Bewbs
Male companion will be mistaken for the Doctor
I'm better when female, should stay female !
Male historical oppression

And that kind of horse shit all the way

Yes that is actually a key part of Chibnall's writing. He's very preachy.

I kind of want him to try the femfatal thing (copying River's demeanor) only for it to back fire.

>Doctor: I don't understand, I was told idiots fall for that!

>Other: who told you that?

>Doctor: River Song!

>Other: what does that say about you?

>Doctor: ...?

Doctor who has been on a downward spiral since 2006.

Humans are just a tiny bit more advanced than bees user

Our entire existence is one giant fuck you to nature

but voyager was the worst star trek...

Stop it adhominem-guy
You have no argument so you attack everyone with insults and ad hominem attackd

Literally no one cares about the female doctor. The entire "controversy" was manufactured marketing bullshit. There were more people complaining about so called detractors than there were anyone saying they didn't like the female doctor concept.

Fake and gay controversy from a show that's desperate to remain relevant despite declining heavily in quality over the years

>This whole ANYONE CAN DIE trend really annoys me
i was just using it as an example but you know what i mean, they are getting rid of what made Dr Who DOCTOR who

It started in the matt smith and latter tennant seasons where the dr started over emoting and reacting but now its full blown retarded

>liking women

gay

I'm leaving this board, all you fucks do is act like autists and meme and act like hypocrites.

>we're stronger than nature and instinct
Aah, yes. Do call me when you can go for food without a year without dying.

catch you tomorrow

I wasn't really addressing you directly so much as riffing off the theme to express a personal gripe

i came back to shitpost babby driver

sexist fucks are pissed and it's amazing

Wasn't Janeways fault though

Plus they had a few good episode each season which is more than can be said for Doctor Who lately

The sooner the better

I just want adventures again. Well written tales set in different locations with interesting characters and difficult problems to be solved.

Is that so much to ask?

>femfatal

I'd rather she played the Doctor as an onginoo. Seriously, learn to spell.

>Eccleston will never return

There's a difference between humans needing to eat and men and women having immutable biological destinies and I think you know that

>timelords have always been able to genderbend
Except for the part where it was only written in they could that in the last 5 years of the shows 55 year history.

Oh piss off you bloody bugger. You knew damn well what I meant.

You should become a headline writer for BuzzFeed.

Or in the 80s when Newman wanted to make Seven a woman

Is it just as bad to be interested now if you weren't interested before?

>Wasn't Janeways fault though
meh thats debatable
she was a pretty garbage captain and unbelievable authority figure. did have some bretty gud episodes though

That doesn't change it's canonicity. Plus I'd be very surprised if a VNA didn't mention it at some point.

"muh history" is also a moot point when Sydney Newman, Verity Lambert and Patrick Troughton all supported a female Doctor.

That shitshow going on down here is incredibly tasteful

Thanks anons

By the way. What is your favorite brand of pop corn ?