Just watched whiplash... what did I think of it?

Just watched whiplash... what did I think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OpbdGnJbneE
youtube.com/watch?v=0pnwE_Oy5WI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's the greatest film you've ever seen

that good? if you say so

It's pretentious claptrap

Wasn't quite my tempo

It's shallow and pedantic, and it insists upon itself.

I like Teller better as an autist than a Chad

you enjoyed it but didn't really get the ending

It was far from the platonic ideal.

daily reminder that if you did not get/like the ending, your IQ is most definitely below 90

You got really into it and enjoyed it immensely. It won't truly stick with you to the degree that only the very best movies can, but you'd still rate it highly.

My IQ is 155 and I did not like this movie

When has Teller been a Chad? I just cannot imagine this guy being a Chad, he is the nerdiest looking fucker I've ever seen. It's like trying to tell me Edward Norton is a Chad.

>My IQ is 155
I'm gonna need a source on that one, buddy.

My IQ is 174 and I did like it

My IQ is 156 and I did like this movie.

kek

It missed a few beats

Rushed in some parts, dragged in others.

My IQ is 175 and I did not like this movie

Wasn't quite your tempo?

dead joke

I showed it to my girlfriend and she thought it was boring

for you

happy 2012 everyone

My IQ is 176 and this is my favorite movie.

Tell her I think she's boring.

It was pretty good, not great. The JK Simmons stuff was by far the best. We could've used some more indication early on why the kid cared so much about being the best but that's a small squabble.

>girlfriend

Ha! Faggot! dump her

Oh, yeah, God forbid there's room to speculate, we need every little thing spelled out for us.

Character motivation in a straight forward movie like this isn't supposed to be a mystery.

Beyond that, when a character's motivation is so extreme that he breaks up with his girlfriend and basically abandons his family for constant practice we need to know why he cares so much. As it stands he cares so much because the plot needs him to care so much.

>we need every little thing spelled out for us.

This is a terrible excuse for holes in plot that could be used to justify anything. The character's extreme motivation is also not a 'little thing' it's his *singular* trait.

My IQ is 156 and I did like this movie.

Is there a point watching this movie if I don't enjoy metal or rock or drumshit?

>metal
>rock
IT'S A FUCKING JAZZ MOVIE YOU IDIOT

You thought it was great but not perfect.

Geez, I was going to try this "What did I think of it" so that people don't feel obligated to be contrarian to my own opinion, but the responses in this thread are fucking awful.

You were pleasently surprised which greatly added to your enjoyment.

Like every other movie lmao

People who really excel are obsessives. They have one track minds and abandon everything else in their lives to achieves their goals.

This does not require plot development. He is a freak. Lmoa at all the normal people that think they can replicate the success of the mentally ill and gifted.

Shitty Black Swan

*throws chair*

But he's so scrawny. Why the fuck would they cast him in such a role?

I enjoyed its portrayal of obsession. Ending is interesting in that Teller has given up so much just to impress a teacher.

He's autistic, he has no friends at any stage of the movie other than one temporary interest

Pretty much the most badass breakup I've ever seen. Dropped that bitch like a bad habit.

Shame he had to call her at the end, kinda weakened it a bit.

That solo at the end was so Kino. I like to listen to it on YouTube. Hell the whole rendition of "Caravan" was great.

It was an important highlight to show that he had literally nobody other than his dad and his teacher

With such charmers as "Turn my pages, bitch" I can't imagine why.

I really enjoyed the passion that he had for what he wanted to do. Pure drive. For personal motivation reasons, I think this is my favorite film. I really admire passion for any craft.

Any other jazzkino?

La La Land, obviously.

what did i mean by this?

Perfect

>be the kid
>omg, JK Simmons is so ebil
>get him fired
>meet him at a cafe later
>he invites you to join his band
>you accept, even if he may know you were the one who got him fired and may try to sabotage you

The fuck is this shit!?

>For personal motivation reasons, I think this is my favorite film. I really admire passion for any craft.
So you're a faggot!

What's the problem? Daddy did not support your artistic side?

Letting White People jazz was a mistake

Simmons carried this one hard. The script isn't even that great, it's just his charisma. Quintessential example of an actor elevating everything in a film. People might go crazy over the final sequence, but it's just a masturbatory music video.

Chazelle's a leech and a hack who feeds off of the prowess of people like J.K. Simmons and Linus Sandgren while brown nosing and fellating all of old Hollywood for awards recognition.

>hipster urban environment
No thanks!

My dick is 4.5 inches hard. I loved this movie.

It's a movie numales will never understand

The point is that he is so addicted to being the best at jazz that he'll take any opportunity, even if it seems too good to be true.

Plus Fletcher was rather easygoing in the cafe which lulled him into a sense of security because he probably didn't expect him to be a fucking sociopath.

>because he probably didn't expect him to be a fucking sociopath.
Didn't the kid watched the first part of the film, where Fletcher forces him to play untill he bleeds

>fucking sociopath.

The kid got him fired. You equate what he did to a mental disorder, it's called revenge sweetie

He wanted to be the best. To him that came off as reasonable. Andrew was a monster too, in his own way. And of course Fletcher justified it like "I'm just trying to push people to the next level bro. :^)"

He was a sociopath. From the start of the film he does all sorts of shit specifically to manipulate Andrew's emotions.

>He was a sociopath.

You must be woman, which means you'll never 'get' this movie.

I admire people who work hard for what they're passionate about. I've done everything I've wanted to do with full support of my family. By your comment I can tell this isn't something you have in your own life, how unfortunate for you.

Idris Elba

You must be a virgin, which means you'll never 'get' laid.

Hey its 2005 and that was still a shit come back.

>Women are not funny

Hey it's 2017 and you're still a virgin.

Hey it's Guy Fieri and welcome to Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.

birb

How could it have possible showed his motivation? He just wanted to be the best, plus he felt the need to prove himself to his teacher

I thought fletcher was waaayyy overboard. I get what they were going for, but it just ruined any immersion or sense of tension it was building when he started rambling on like a seriel killer

Apparently Chazelle's teacher really was like that.

As much as I liked it I have to agree with this. I heard the original script was more psychological but Chazelle rewrote it.

I'll have to try this Black Swan.
>Natalie Portman
I'll definitely have to try it.

you liked when his fingers bled
it was even more powerful the 6th time it happened

Shut the fuck up.

He didn't force anything, he could have walked away.

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

>a film can be pedantic

He's quoting Family Guy you dip. The whole point is that Peter has no idea what "shallow and pedantic" means.
youtube.com/watch?v=OpbdGnJbneE

And "it insists upon itself" is from a completely different scene where Peter is displaying pleb level understanding of film and can only explain his opinion using buzzwords.
youtube.com/watch?v=0pnwE_Oy5WI

It's racist and misogynist

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME

FULL MOON IS ON THE SKY AND HEEEEE'S NOT A MAAAAAAAN ANYMORE

underrated post

Wasn't as good as my post.

No he's not, he's usually slightly over weight or pudgy. He's a tallish charming dude on screen a lot of the time. I really like him of the new gen actors. (I'm young myself). Unfortunately he's been in some dumb movies.

>being pretentious just for the sake of it the post

My 157 is like it and I did IQ