ITT: Overrated Garbage

ITT: Overrated Garbage

wow so contrarian

Fine, I guess I'll start.

GoT

Walking dead. But that's too obvious

LYNCHED

Anything nu-males like or that appeals to the "look how nerdy I am xD" crowd, such as Star Wars and Harry Potter.

Anything popular that I don't like.

if anything it's underrated

the greatest tv show of all time

no
this. Also Battlestar galactica

Blade runner

>Twin Peaks is overrated
>Everyone I've asked has no idea what it even is

>GoT
>not overrated

this.

I think I've met one person in my entire life who's even heard of it

Seriously, what's comparable? The Sopranos? Six Feet Under?

Westworld

It's not super clever and it's more trashy than smart.

Doesn't make it a bad show just overrated.

Dexter
Walking Dead
Rome
House of Cards

>no one knows who Twin Peaks is
I think he meant on this board that it's overrated.

GoT is pretty overrated. I enjoy it, but people act like it's Jesus in TV form. It's sickening.

Damn, I love watching obscure shows and movies, it reminds me that I'm smarter than most people. We might just be highly cognitive chimps, but at least I'm better than some of the others.

You first OP

bjork a cute

He already did

no

True Detective S1 is miles better than Twin Peaks

Alexandra Daddario is a pile of overrated garbage

no

lmao

'no'

plebs

I'm not even memeing or trying to be a contrarian here, but could someone please explain to me the big deal about Twin Peaks? I've literally watched season 1 three separate times and I can not for the life of me figure out why it's so well loved and respected. Like, it's fine. Couple pretty solid scenes, but nothing that really made me understand the hype. It's a 7/10 tv show with some solid cinematography. Otherwise it mostly feels like an above average soap opera. Is this a case of 'Seinfeld isn't funny' where I wasn't there so I just can't get it?

Twin Peaks tries to do things like no other show and it's very well executed. True Detective, while great, doesn't defy your expectations. The ending is straight forward and expectable, same with Rust cucking his partner, Rust being a brilliant mad man, the traditional murder mystery plot, Marty's struggle with his libido. We've already seen these things in other shows. Twin Peaks is totally unique and doesn't use tropes at the major intersections.
True Detective has a great tone, setting, characters, and important themes for this cultural moment, but it's no Twin Peaks.

It subverts your expectations. If you watch a lot of tv and film you can get bored and tired of how derivative everything is. Twin Peaks doesn't contain many tropes and a lot of things are weird for the sake of it. Try watching Lynch as a more active viewer and you'll notice that things are constantly eluding your expectations.
Also, the music and characters are bretty cool.

BURNS'S
SUIT

BURNS'S
SUIT

The Return >= FWWM > Twin Peaks S1 > True Detective S2 > Twin Peaks S2 > True Detective S1

You have to keep in mind when ti came out and compare it to what was the standard of shows back then

>The Return >
'No'
The Return is the worst thing Lynch has made, even worse than Dune and Twin Peaks. Go back to your Reddit general.

True Detective season 1 was better for me but only because I had actually read the King in Yellow before I watched it so it added an extra layer to the creepiness.

Here's your (You) now fuck off you lynched pleb

You have absolutely horrible taste, The Return is brilliant.

>still soar cause the LYNCHing of part 8

Either Gen Z or baby boomer.

Disgusting

Let me guess, Mulholland Drive is your favourite Lynch movie?

>t. born in the mid-late 90s "patricians"

I haven't seen it. Twin Peaks is the only Lynch thing I've ever saw.

Actually I'm 25

The Wire
The Sopranos
Game of Thrones
Westworld
Better Call Saul
True Detective
House of Cards
Mad Men
Twin Peaks
South Park
Cowboy Bebop

So you're disagreeing with me so strongly, when you've not actually seen enough to have a valid opinion?

The Return is so good it makes having dealt with the cornball soap opera shit of the first two seasons worth it.

We're talking about Twin Peaks aren't we?
Do I need to watch other Lynch's stuff to like Twin Peaks? No.

Eraserhead is a shitty movie that people only blow because it is "important".

>omg dude so surreal! I am such a smart person for liking it!
Why are young people so insecure?

It's either Lost Highway or FWWM for me, but Mulholland Drive is still arguably his best film.

The Return is not particularly surreal at all, it's almost a little too real.

bait

Besides episode 8 and a little bit of the recent episode how is it surreal?

i disagree. TWD is only for kino-maniacs

how is that bait?
Every Lynch thread is just about calling everyone else a pleb, brainlet and other memes because they "don't get it!!!" ulike the "smart" Lynch fans.
It's like that fanbase is built on compensating.

That may be the case, but it doesn't hold a candle to the investigation into Laura Palmer's death. It's also missing scenes that really stand out - like the talk between Bobby and Major Briggs, and the Horne Brothers reminiscing.
In fact, when I bother to go into the general, seemingly to make myself annoyed, everyone is going on about how 'terrifying' the glass box is. That wasn't scary at all lads - it was also rather predictable. The Return isn't the worst thing ever, but I really do think it's one of the most overrated shows ever.
Episode 8 was great, but then you still had to sit through a NIN music video - in a series of shit music videos that prove Lynch has lost his touch when it comes to having music performances in his work.
My post was addressing all of Lynch's work. Did you really agree THAT strongly because you like it over Twin Peaks, and nothing else?

>calling everyone else a pleb, brainlet
That's a joke. Everyone is of equal intelligence, some people just have different taste

>if the ending is straight forward and expectable it must be bad and it's a show for plebs

>My post was addressing all of Lynch's work.
Here's that post. Read it. There you talk about The Return which is Twin Peaks

yeah, so what

I like that feel

So deep and thoughtful. A biting critique of modern society despite it's horrendous writing.

Um, hello? I said True Detective is a great show, just not as a good as Twin Peaks because it doesn't subvert your expectations which is what makes Twin Peaks so magical and the goat.
Also, the True Detective ending isn't very good regardless.

>this is considered thought provoking by people
>same for the scene with the lady dressed in red

Nine Inch Nails is trash

I agree

Twin peaks is objectively the only series in last 5 years that did not try to pander to an audience, tried to looked more le intelligent that it really was, and was at least slightly original (for a tv series)

There is no other good show. Everything is highly over-marketed.

But I love The Return

How are you going to feel when I get off to punking you by proving how much smarter I am than you? I will like the feel of humiliating you and establishing my supremacy.

wrong

(You) wrong. This show is lynching plebs just like that.

I seriously doubt that you are smarter than me, but you can try

name any other good show

And hopefully it wont be le black reddit or True "nihilist memes" detective s1.

>le lynching
fuck off meme spouter
why? so you can just go "aahahahaha lynched! plebe!" without any real argument?

meme language is the only one You seem to understand since The Return is shit for you

No

I really want to know something better

I am actually ciritical towards TP, but seriously there is nothing better than that

Fargo s1 and 2 is close but it gets old after a while.

>I seriously doubt that you are smarter than me
Jesus, you write like shit dude. "I seriously doubt that you." Fucking lmao. You could've just said "I seriously doubt you are smarter than me"
Also, I doubt you understood Mulholland Drive

The leftovers
The Young Pope

first season and the christmas episode were good, the rest is hit or miss

>The leftovers
seen first season, too overly emotional, flat and rebooting many of the Lost themes in a bad way
>The Young Pope
did not wacth yet, cant judge

Mr. Robot.

*first 2 seasons, not interested in third

also, since YP is HBO, I can predict what my opinion would be (too much clifhangers and too much filler, everyhting based around Jude Law)

But The Return already is Reddit. In fact, Twin Peaks is loved by tumblr.

Better Call Saul
The 3rd series was fantastic.

>But The Return already is Reddit. In fact, Twin Peaks is loved by tumblr.
I dont care about that. Black mirror is reddit because it pander to young IT guy/nerd/I fucking love science and read 1984 audience

TP does not pander.

fantastically boring, I've watched it. Nowhere near Return

Well yeah Twin Peaks is really hit & miss the show.

It really shows that they made shit up while shooting and didn't have any decent masterplan going on story wise. They just wanted to do their take of a small town soap opera with nonsensical neverending plot with a darker twist.

>YP is HBO, I can predict what my opinion would be (too much clifhangers
again
>clifhangers
lel
do you think it is some action show?

>first season
>pig fucking
>and other cheating theme

>neverending
Damn right, Lynch wanted to make it so the killer was never revealed.