Higher average critic rating than The Godfather

>Higher average critic rating than The Godfather

Literally already one of the best films ever made. Apologize right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.compuserve.com/discussions/Entertainment_Forum/Harvey_Kartens_Reviews/Review_Dunkirk/ws-tv/865.1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally pg13

What an absolutely ideal time for a savior of cinema like this to be releasing.

Need a film from the true hero's perspective , the Nazi perspective

which nolan films are kino?

I never watched any

Memento

Bane on a Plane

Memento, as basically every film ever directed by Christopher Nolan, is basically an outrageous and mean spirited attempt at murdering cinema as an art form. The classic example of a film that panders to this memetic MTV generation teens who have never touched real cinema getting triggered and mistakenly considering it a film instead of a flick.

In reality is merely a futile exercise in style filled with 101 screenwriting techniques and thriller/film noir cliches making it no more authentic than your average Michael Bay flick.

But still, liking Transformers 4 is not as bad as liking Memento. Because honestly, if you like Michael Bay you are a bad person, but liking pretend inauthentic cinema makes you a criminal supporting cinema murderers and means that you should be wiped off this planet as sooner as possible, to avoid further damages to the human species as a whole

Lol the heroes, they literally destroyed europe, if the germans, fucked didn't do anything, whites would be in total control, we would have seen communism destroyed sooner

I never said it was a good movie, i said it was his best. I'd personally rather watch Irreversible.

>whites would be in total control
under nazi rule?
The same country that had SS units from all over the world?

>Lol the heroes, they literally destroyed europe
That would be the germans, user. And the Allied planes once they realized Germany was a paper tiger.

stick to Tarantino kiddo

Basterds > this stupidity

Damn you must have really good taste. Give me three good movies I should watch.

not according to the critics :)

Who are apparently retarded themselves

I'm so sorry Mr. Nolan for ever doubting you.

This reddit board loves nolan holy fuck you're plebs. Everything that gets 90+% is shit.

they lost though

I have nothing to apologize for because I unironically think Nolan is in the top 5 directors of the 21st century.

>basterds wasn't stupidity
Tarantinofags need to realize he's all style and no substance.

Memento and Prestige that's it

Nolan is one of the most overrated directors in Hollywood at the moment.

Looks like kino is back on the menu

Oh boy, a Saving Private Ryan rehash with a thousand more Private Ryans depicted in no way that is historically accurate based on what happened at Dunkirk.

The Nazis encircled the remaining British Expeditionary Forces at Dunkirk and held their fire out of sympathy for a group of cornered soldiers, mostly because many Nazis were also WW1 veterans and knew the feeling themselves at some point.

Instead somehow this movie is all about some great battle that never occured and the British were allowed to retreat peacefully once pushed back to the shores in the early portions of the war. It was also a gesture meant to approach peace with Britain in the hopes that Nazi Germany could focus fully on Russia before anyone else got involved, like America, but it never took.

Might as well be filed under the fantasy genre.

lol

Nolan is gay his filnms are gay and anyone who likes him or his films are gay

proof?

come here and let me suck your dick

why is Sup Forums so wrong all the time

We're still just coming off wonder woman

anyone who thought this wouldn't be good is an edgy contrarian or pretentious snob that has no business being on Sup Forums if they wan't actual quality discussion about their ghey little indie films

>Oh boy, a Saving Private Ryan rehash

Is this a new pasta?

Why do critics insist on giving a movie that they've watched one time a perfect score. That doesn't seem very professional.

best post itt

That's a big opinion.

truly an arteur

thank you for your presence on this board..

au revoir sweet hydrangea

>modern day critics and rotten tomatoes
kys yourself

OVER RATED
Saw it last night.
It's a 6/10 at best

Nigga what bullshit is this, the withdrawal was in no way peaceful and the Germans only didn't crush them because their infantry was lagging behind the tanks and they got spooked by a breakout attempt.

kino opinion

the guardians are our guys

You sound like a whole lot of hot wind.

when are you low iq underage faggots going to learn that ratings are always above average at the least when big movies come out?

Also comparing it with the average critical rating from a 1972 movie also shows how low your IQ is.

>In a 2012 Sight & Sound poll of cinema's greatest films, Bradshaw indicated his ten favourites, given alphabetically, are The Addiction (1994), Andrei Rublev (1966), Annie Hall (1977), Black Narcissus (1947), Hidden (2004), I am Cuba (1964), In the Mood for Love (2000), Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949), Raging Bull (1980) and Singin' in the Rain (1952).
What does Sup Forums think of his favorites?

Pretty sure I've read this before

8/10 taste

>Third, there is no humor whatever. Blink and you’ll discover maybe three women in the entire picture, one of them serving white bread and jam to the soldiers and one dishing out the cuppas.

forums.compuserve.com/discussions/Entertainment_Forum/Harvey_Kartens_Reviews/Review_Dunkirk/ws-tv/865.1

I don't understand the trailer. They make it look as if USA doesn't come save the day

>WWII film
>no American rescue

Wow. Great 'Film' Nolan

Commies won the war, deal with it, ameriburher

All except Following and Insomnia.

Here we have a prime example of the kind of mental spastic r/flicks goon that worships the trash Nolan, Villeneuve and Fincher make.

I cannot be more clear about this: you are an enemy of the medium. You are actively destroying Cinema. True Cinema isn't some good-times & sunshine hugbox, it is a punch in the gut, a gob of spit aimed at your face, a black man fucking your wife.

True Cinema is pain. It tears apart your soul and leaves you to pick up the pieces and patch it back together with bleeding fingers.

>movies are art
stop with this stupid meme

>A movie about running away in a disorganized rabble
You would have thought this movie was about the french without context.

Maybe some of the soldiers secretly identified as women

This is one of the only WWII movies that puts a spotlight on britain only

How they handled the war in europe before US involvement

Heath ledger was both in dark Knight and broke back mountain

kek

the french saved the brits in dunkerque you dumb ameriblob

If Dunkirk stays in the top 250, Nolan will be the director with the most movies on the list, finally surpassing Hitchcock. How does this make you feel?

>hasn't seen the movie
>uses critic scores to form an opinion
How fucking Reddit can you possibly be?

The IMDB top 250 is a joke

i didn't expect to find chris stuckmann on rotten tomatoes

Treu Kino

it's fine

Dunkino

Jesus christ. RT is the worst thing to ever happen to film criticism

t. contrarian

If you agree with this list you're an irredeemable pleb

>Dunkirk

There isn't enough aerial dog fights these days, will look forward to seeing that.

Nolan britbong ww2 triology confirmed

1. Dunkino
2. Battle of Britbongistan
3. North Africa/El Alamein

The sole negative review is because it's not a funny movie and has few women in it. Fucking hell.
Also I can't believe CompuServe still exists.

NAZIS WERE GUD BOYZ, THEY DUN DO NUTTIN

Most on this list are pretty great.

Great, more WW2 ""hero"" fantasy.

>nazis are bad guys
when will this meme end

Insomnia
The Prestige
Batman Begins

Those are the only ones worth watching.

You're the type of person who goes to a party and uses advanced vocabulary to shit on the the normie's favorite things.

We're not at a party, user. We're on a board for the discussion of television and film.

How many people will remember Hitchcock 50 years from now? What about Nolan?

and farts

BRRRRRRAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP

haha

Adolf The Hitler hoped to force Britain to terms.
Slaughtering their expeditionary force was not conducive to that goal.

>How they handled the war in europe before US involvement

Interesting way of phrasing 'How Britain was getting their asses kicked before the U.S. saved the day.'

based

go visit the other Dullkirk threads and see the mindless plebs groan and moan at any criticism. go and raise hell

>critics like it therefore it's good
t. rottentomatoes-using pleb

>I watch 1930's russian black and white films while not understanding them and still brag about it: the post

The funny thing is the French saved the bongs from getting butraped on the beach by Rommel.

Be careful with those edges, user

If those troops were massacred it would have been more likely that Britain would give up and make peace.

That would turbofuck the French even more. With hindsight the sacrifice was worth it.

Eisenstein isn't difficult to understand at all

Oh boy, prepare for more cringe inducing dialogs

Hey, stop shilling for this russia narrative!

dude running away from nazis lmao

>cinema murderers
here's your new meme, gang

>"...the British were allowed to retreat peacefully once pushed back to the shores in the early portions of the war."

Too bad the Luftwaffe didn't get that memo because they attacked the ships crossing the channel back to Britain.

How stupid can you Stormfags even get?
Germans literally couldn't finish Eternal Anglos since their tanks pushed too far from infantry and French were slowing them down.
When they realised that this isn't going to work, they ordered Luftwaffe to bombard Brits.