What are some movies with a disparity between "critics" and audience?

What are some movies with a disparity between "critics" and audience?

Bonus points for non-comedies

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/xx
youtube.com/watch?v=Sczun-f_Uiw
youtube.com/watch?v=awvZZ3eSsg4
youtube.com/watch?v=J6FSRSqOu0Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

King Arthur
Warcraft
Batman v Superman/Man of Steel

>Batman v Superman/

People didn't like Tommy boy? What?

I really like Warcraft.
Never even played the games.

How was King Arthur? I really like Richie's last movie.

Man if they hated Tommy Boy the must of despised Black Sheep. Grandma's Boy is so comfy strange wilderness while not as good was fun also.

Critics hate getting litty

Movie critics have to watch everything sober, and pay attention.

They can't go in high on weed and spitball with their friends amount that time they were wearing that funny shirt.

Butterfly effect

I enjoyed King Arthur quite a bit. For some reason it drew in those people who can't shut up about how everything is "videogamey" even though I can't think of any video games that look like King Arthur did. I guess people who like Arturian legends are very autistic. But this is basically nothing like Arturian legend except for the presence of Excalibur. The only less faithful adaptation of King Arthur is Fate/stay night.

I generally like most comedies, I like even the fucking Deuce Bigalow movies as guilty pleasures, but goddamn I don't understand why people love this or Boondock Saints.

>Fate/stay night.
Jesus, is that suppose to be a take on king Arthur. That's weird as fuck.

I think i'm gonna be watching some King Arthur

didn't know about this.
Must be Anderson's lowest rated movie

It's good. Don't go in expecting the Boorman version. It's a very Ritchie take on the legend.

kino (like all weskinos)

Holy Fuck I hate rt now

Noah. The plebs hated it.

Freddy got fingered pure kino

Baywatch.

LITTY

I watched Pineapple Express again recently and I surprised to learn that it only had 68%.
It's probably the best movie Rogen was involved with and easily one of the greatest stoner comedies ever made.

All the fans in my theater loved it. My bowl of popcorn was basically yellow soup because of all the piss I squirted while laughing. Luckily I roll with a chill crew, who understood my predicament and admitted they soaked their own shorts.

I agree

wew

What the fuck is this?

That movie is shit though. The funniest thing that fat fuck Farley did was die of a drug overdose.

That's one of Wes's best films. Much better than The Grand Budapest Hotel.

I guess we have different opinions.

>no sex cause guns
Normies probably ate it up. The critics were right

Black Sheep is better

rottentomatoes.com/m/xx

72 versus 18

>XX is a new all-female helmed horror anthology featuring four dark tales written and directed by fiercely talented women
so this is the power of women..kek

audience score should still be higher though

Holy shit, that's crazy.
Anymore like this?

why's he so underrated bros?

That's weird. I don't remember Spy Kids being disliked so much. I didn't think it was great but I never heard anybody make any jokes about how it was awful like the Spice Girls movie or Tom Green's movie.

Underrated as fuck

Wow, that's crazy. I completely disregard reviews these days (save for you faggots on here) but that does actually make me mad. Life Aquatic is fantastic.

>e
Really one of his best movies, and Angelica Houston is great in it

I thought hurricane season was over

Critics hate comedies.
Its almost useless to pick funny movies off serious review sites.
Sometimes a gem or two slips the cracks and rates highly everywhere, but in general i pick em based on actors and word of mouth.

>Oy vey! The goyim should not speak ill of daddy Stalin

What's this about?

Audience too pleb for this Kino

The meme that Stalin deliberately killed Ukrainians with Gran requisitions.

It was more like he was an indifferent prick, in my opinion, rather than that he set out to kill them. Still deplorable though.

This movie just rattles my cage because it's basically Ukrainian Nationalist propaganda that emerged after Euromaiden.

It's an odd movie. It's a comedy that's never really funny, only clever. Still very entertaining, but it's understandable why general audiences didn't love it.

I laughed but I get that it might not be for everyone. The whole schtick with the writers actually being commies who were putting subliminal messages in their movies as if McCarthyism was real was funny as fuck.

I love Coen brothers movies, and I love the setting and how it satirizes old Hollywood, but most of it's gags just never got a laugh out of me. They were clever, but they lacked the needed delivery to really drive it home. I really appreciated it more for it's grandiose send ups of musicals, westerns and other genres. Still a great movie even if it somewhat missed the mark.

fucking normies spy kids was rad as fuck

It's surprising because I thought normies liked Spy Kids

wow it's funny, i was never insulted by criticisms of the capeshit movies.
i never understood their outrage until now.
wtf is wrong with these pretentious critics giving the brilliant Tommy Boy a 44%?
that's absolutely unacceptable.

Maybe skewing in the online audience pool is biasing the tomatometer against spy kids in a way that doesn't reflect the actual normie opinion accurately. Generally the kids won't be the ones who go on rotten tomatoes, and maybe only the parents who hated it bothered to comment.

What were the major points that made the critics dislike this one?

I saw it recently and it was solid.

one of my favorite comedies.
all i ever heard back in the day was people shit on it, but it's really funny.
Chevy as the compulsive gambling doctor who gets worked over is hilarious.
And Norm's delivery makes that movie.
it makes sense that it's not all that well-regarded.
Norm's humor is really niche.
most people don't get his brilliance.

critics didnt even watch anything made pre 2000

they just meme

Don't forget one of the funniest rape jokes ever
youtube.com/watch?v=Sczun-f_Uiw

and i actually forgot Farley was in this movie
youtube.com/watch?v=awvZZ3eSsg4

grandma's boy was the best stoner flick of the last decade. Fucking critics are gaylords.

>Still very entertaining
very is a bit of a stretch. People get caught up in the coen brothers legend.

I was very entertained. Fight me.

I feel like everyone I talk to says the same about the life aquatic, most are shocked when you say it wasn't appreciated when it first came out
literally why did they hate it? maybe you could say bill murray was a bit smug and cynical but he's like that in every movie and critics still love him

>t. rëddit

It's kino

LITER O COLA

numale shit

What qualifies these fucking retards to be critics anyways? They have the some credibility as some random asshole at the grocery store.

In my opinion, With a Vengeance is the only good sequel. 2 is kind of sloppy and 4 doesn't feel like a Die Hard movie, and 5 is awful

Man, fuck them with a flange.

I'm with you. With a Vengeance was always my second favorite in the series.

Was this good or not? Sometimes critics can't get out of their own assholes and sometimes audiences are retarded plebs so you can never know which you should trust.

Emma Roberts aside I liked it

derivative trash for the same sorts that enjoy Scarface

Grandma's Boy fucking sucked and fuck you for reminding me of this shit.

Great poster, though.

is there anything close to a zero by critics and almost perfect by audience

>gross-out comedy

No it wasn't. What the fuck are they on? Clearly didn't even watch the fucking thing.

This user just posted this
closest i seen

>Warcraft

chinamen aren't people

this is the largest differential ever as far as i'm aware. of course, it's only five critics though

youtube.com/watch?v=J6FSRSqOu0Q

What the fuck? Who thinks this is a good movie?

how about fuck the critics, and fuck the audience.
last action hero was good

Nobody?

this movie is basically the patron saint of being misunderstood.

I expected this to be the other way around

The first one was better.

I prefer the second but appreciate both

I thought the first story would have been a lot better without the cannibal family scene.

Second sucked but nice milf boobs.

Third had shit pacing but the monster was rad.

Fourth was ass.

Overall it was a solid 4/10 IMO. I think anyone that watches that without having seen a billion other horror movies from the second world war to now would probably enjoy it a lot more.

Why does the debris falling off look like great Britain? Is that intentional?

Totally with you on that one.
I've just rewatched it recently and it totally holds up.
movie needs more credit

Watched it ironically because of that ACDC music video on Netflix, and left genuinely impressed. I guess it didn't resonate as well because short of Spinal Tap, blatant satire in cinema wasn't completely popular yet