What is the best animated movie of all time, and why is it Beowulf?

What is the best animated movie of all time, and why is it Beowulf?

Anyone else unironically love this movie? I thought it was a surprisingly deep epic hero story.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KNaj7uCVPCI
youtube.com/watch?v=m0fFI0ziCs8
youtube.com/watch?v=-A9rFt7ITy4
youtube.com/watch?v=QFeRN19Blr4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i thought it was pretty good the Grendall fight scene was kino

pretty good movie. just recently rewatched it and still love it. my vote for best animated movie will always be Prince of Egypt.

If Disney decided to remake the entire Old Testament like this, they'd make so many billions of dollars. Prince of Egypt was fucking incredible, no matter how you feel about the source material.

Except for the singing of Rameses. He was kinda flat.

>mine is strength and lust and power
youtube.com/watch?v=KNaj7uCVPCI
what did he mean by this

>Grendall fight scene was kino
NO PINTLE
NO PINTLE

film is kino

>KILL ME KILLL MEEEEE REEEEEEE

unironically love this scene

Yeah it's so different from other CGI animated movies, at least from Hollywood. I mean compare it to Pixar, Despicable Me, even to other animated movies directed by RZ (Mars Needs Mom)

This one is just different. And it's approach seems to be abandoned by everyone. They all stick with Pixar or Despicable Me

>disney
Fuck you. They would unironically make Jesus a pansexual akward kid.

Mark my words, animated films will overtake capeshit.
CG studios=work for peanuts and other assorted edible seeds.
Mocap and VA actors=pay is even less.
Studios will save billions and monopolize the market even more.

More importantly live capeshit action is fucking awful, studios try and make the action scenes as quick and as blurry as they can but goddamn do they look like shit.

>reminder that everyone, from Grendel to Beowulf's young wife, looked the same

>reminder that everyone, from Grendel to Beowulf's young wife, looked the same

But the worst part about it is the animation. Would have been infinitely better if they just shot it like a normal movie and used some practical effects. You can't even enjoy Jolie's nudity because it's all CG.

Yeah, I'd like to see him comeback as a cape kino character. Does Marvel own the rights to him? They should get on that.

I haven't watched this in years. All I remember about it is when me and my brother watched it during the "deliver us" song we'd always say "a pizza"

>Does Marvel own the rights to him
how can anyone own the rights to beowulf ffs

Beowulf vs. Thor. I'd watch that for a dollar

This would be pretty cool to see desu.

It was kino

Why don't make they more like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=m0fFI0ziCs8

Kino scene
>We men are the monsters now, the time of heroes is dead, the Christgod has killed it; leaving humankind with nothing but weeping martyrs, fear and shame.

Beowulf took the redpill for sure

>when he's fighting the dragon and he realizes what he must do and his theme comes on

Yeah it's a choir I remember that

It was good but kind of ripped off Lord of the Rings

so good, gave me chills when I watched it

I thought the animation was pretty good, especially for 2007 and has aged pretty well

youtube.com/watch?v=-A9rFt7ITy4

>when Grendel's mom tossed the head of her son around to flirt with Beowulf and the head rolling on the ground looked like Hrothgar

>Hrothgar's son is sterile and deformed and retarded and disturbed while Beowulf's son is a glorious golden dragon / man

Makes you want the new monster to live on

I remember it was a strange period when Beowulf got at least three adaptations

>CG movie with a realistic art style when the technology wasn't, and still isn't, there yet
Polar Express had the same problem. If they made things look more stylized it wouldn't be so off putting.

I just remember things seeming really floaty like they didn't have any weight to them. Especially at the end with all the dragon stuff. I really have to disagree on it aging well too. Everyone's hair is all shiny and stiff, stuff like mud and beer foam look like they belong in Shrek. It mostly just distracted me from the actual movie. I guess the upside is if they really wanted to they could go back and remaster/update the whole movie

The story is flawed though.
Why did Beowulf spare and mate with the mother and not expect this to come around?
He should be able to see that he is in exact situation as Hrogarth right away

Yeah Shrek. Every character's face reminded me of Shrek then and now

Criminally underrated. Can't even think of a criticism, other than the fact that it differs from the source material, though that's not really a bad thing. It's a perfect blend of depth and badass, and the blend is completely seamless. One minute Beowulf is daring the end of his nihilistic existence in the form of an enemy soldier's axe, the next he's cutting off one of his arms so he can rip out a dragon's heart with the other. Pure kino, as well as essential women-will-never-understand core.

However, the greatest animated movie of all time is Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search For Christopher Robin.

It was just poor writing. They were trying to hop on the whole fantasy genre but the story had way too many plot holes

Failure faggot

That was a pretty great scene.
>get a chance to kill the king
>king comes at you barehanded, ripping off his shirt and daring you to kill him
>commanding you to kill him
>KILL ME YOU FUCKING FAGGOT, DO IT, YOU THINK YOU CAN? I'M A FUCKING GOD EMPEROR, COME AT ME BRO
Meanwhile, the other guy was staring at him like pic related

Women are his weakness it's established early on with the sea serpent story

A nice touch about the nameless in history part

holy fuck, pick up a book and read please.

youtube.com/watch?v=QFeRN19Blr4

why the fuck does shit like this exist

The only Bibcal thing Disney would ever touch is Noah, and even then they had to add Donald Duck.

>And it's approach seems to be abandoned by everyone
Because people started asking what's the point, sure you can make an all CGI movie but if you are making it look as realistic as possible then why not make it live action with CGI? Just look at this clip and this picture Doesn't look right

It should be more stylistic I get

But why must it be G-rated comedies

>But why must it be G-rated comedies
Lack of efforts and playing it safe, because making a animated movie aimed towards adult is still risky. Beowulf had a budget of 150 million but the box office was only at 196 million. Compare that with The Polar Express who had a budget at 165 million and box office at 310 million and 2009 A Christmas Carol. Budget 175 million and box office 325 million, all of these movies where made by the same guy but only one of them was aimed towards adults.

> uncanny valley: the movie
At least that's what I remembered. Somewhat believable CGI, that immediately crumbles if a smooth skinned humans appears.

SLASHA

GOUGA

I always knew that's going to be the answer. Thanks for writing down the numbers for me.

At least I like
Christmas Carol

That stuff is terrible, but compared to Watchmojo or Cinema Sins, it's high art.

>capeshit mentality

I guarantee a Marvel exec is pitching this right now.

there's more to that i think. Beowulf wanted to die, but he knew that his pact with grendels mother would not allow him to die an "honorable" death. He became a monster himself by submitting himself to the evil he once set out to slay. That's why he let's Finn go, too, since he never stood a change, since he was like Beowulf before: A normal human with no godly powerup but the strength of a loyal, upright man who fought for kinship and honor. Beowulf has been denied this by himself and his moment of weakness. That's why, in order to redeem himself, he has to literally off his offspring (the dragon) to be free of his own curse.

I liked it desu.
Too bad there aren't more like it being made.
For some reason people think animation=for kids so we cant show real violence.