Disney ruined Star Wars

Disney ruined Star Wars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_sHQlBj6U0M
youtu.be/lg_FoEy8T_A
vulture.com/2017/07/was-the-washington-monument-built-by-slaves.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What else is new? Water is wet, Mad Max Fury Road sucks, Marvel is terrible, and Star Wars has always been kid shit.

/thread

Lucas already ruined it with the prequels. Disney just dug up its corpse and violated it more.

No it's just not for you anymore. They took away your precious man child franchise.

>Lucas wielding a red lightsaber as he sells his soul to the dark side
Pure pottery

darth gooby >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> darth vader

No shit, even George knew they would. That's part of the reason he sold it to them, as a fuck you to the "fans"

youtube.com/watch?v=_sHQlBj6U0M

Let's be specific, it's Kathleen Kennedy that ruined Star Wars with the help of Bob Iger, JJ Abrams, Lawrence Kasdan and Steven Spielberg who are , incidentally all jews.

Get set for the decades-long methodical rape of the corpse.

>Lucas already ruined it with the prequels.
Nice meme

Disney ruined popular culture.

yaaas queen

To be fair, he ruined it with the special editions and then shit and pissed all over the corpse with the prequels THEN sold the corpse to Disney.

"Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it."

the prequels where an error
the sale to Disney was a mistake

The special editions were an error that became a mistake, the prequels were pure mistakes. The sale was some third level fuckup beyond mistake.

He didn't ruin anything moron, you can ignore the special editions and stick to the originals. But you cannot ignore the clusterfuck made by Disney, they took the old cast and ruined it, they brought new characters to caters to certain demographics who don't like Star Wars, they turned the Force and the Jedi into a fat joke. Now Star Wars is dead, we'll never get a real sequel to ROTJ. Carrie Fisher is dead, Han Solo is dead, Luke is a loser hermit.

Are the Prequels the biggest pleb filters known to man?

this

the prequels ruined the character of Darth Vader

Rehash Awakens ruins the character of Luke, Han and Leia

>that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it
That describes the entire prequels process. Jar Jar is still in Episode 3. Midichlorians are still in Episode 3.

no, george did it with the prequels.

sorry but the prequels had a couple good ideas but the execution was bad

filtered

>you can ignore the special editions and stick to the originals

All prints of the original theatrical cuts have been destroyed. All that remains are some VHS copies that are steadily demagnetizing.

So, no, one cannot just ignore the special editions.

Name one.

the idea that the main villains uses political intriguing to reach his goal. The execution of that idea was bad

Star Wars also had new planets, technology etc

Manufactured false flag proxy war staged for the sake of grabbing absolute authority from a republic.

Daily reminder this was pre Disney

youtu.be/lg_FoEy8T_A

who cares? that shit is not canon just like the Holiday Special

Who do you think gave Star Wars to disney?

He could have given it to anyone, but just wanted more money.

>political intriguing
In an adventure movie, that is a mistake. Not a good idea.
You can't have both intrigue and adventure-action, because more often than not either the intrigue ends up making the adventure pointless or the intrigue isn't properly built up because you spend too much time with the adventure.

Better than what EA has come out with

i guess it depends on how you write the story. You dont have to make long boring Senate talks

the intrigue was more implied than ever shown, so you may be right, the films still play like traditional adventure stories but with a much weirder backdrop than the OT

>not George Lucas

KUKD... enjoy dying in Korea or Qatar

The problem with the prequels is in how any retard knows full well palpatine is behind everything, so all "adventure" is pointless and palpatine's plans weren't very well written and relied entirely upon the fact everyone else in the galaxy was an idiot. So the prequels just become a bunch of movies about idiots doing stupid things for poorly thought out reasons.

best way to detect mommys titbabbys who are gun get drafted like you

But it was the will of the Force

>and relied entirely upon the fact everyone else in the galaxy was an idiot

You can easily tell who watched Episodes 1-3, and who only watched RLM's Plinkett reviews.

Are you defending fury road you child of videogames?

IT WAS RACIST! too many white men Um hello!

you have to go back

>muh plinkett

I watched ep1 and attack of the clones in theaters. Attack of the clones was so bad that I just abandoned Star Wars completely.

Star Wars TOR is still better than Rehash Awakens

so you didn't see the Episode where literally everything is explained?

You know people were talking shit about the prequels for years before those reviews were a thing, right?
And if they got so popular it's because, maybe, just maybe... They said the exact same things people have been saying since they watched the movies.

You mean the episode that just reiterated everything was already obvious?

The prequels needed to be something a little more than a straight by the numbers story of intrigue surrounding a proxy war, they completely failed at this.

The Dark Side should be more presence.
Okay, destroying a planet at once is kinda bad ass, but in cinema it's just another bang.
There should be a dark episode, straight up horror style, about actual dark magick, evil rituals and iconic scary scenes. A episode about the Sith, rated 18+. That can only save The Force. And Disney is not the one to do it. Maybe Tim Burton can.

Oh nice I saw that on the front page of reddit, too. And you're wrong, Episode I ruined Star Wars.

Was star wars a mistake?

You're stupid, the guy has so much money he's giving most of it to charity. And the $4 billion deal was more than a bargain to Disney. They Bought Pixar for $7.5 billions, that is double of what they paid for Lucasfilm while Lucasfilm is worth much more than Pixar. George said he didn't feel like doing Star Wars for 10 years again and could have just sat on the franchise but decided to give it to a big studio that he thought would be able to make something decent. I bet he had the Pirates of the Caribbean in mind. But he was betrayed by Disney CEO and Kathleen Kennedy once he signed the deal, he got jewed big time.

no but selling it to Disney was

she should had sold only 40 procent of all shares to Disney. That way he would had still controle over Star Wars

>no but making the prequels was
ftfy

mad max was good, the rest of your statements are correct.

see this:

RLM babbies need to be gassed

To be fair, it was a tough job to make movies that boiled down to "the Empire rises".
From an action standpoint maybe they should have just had an out-of-known-universe threat (fabricated, of course) that forced an already tired out organization to tighten the reins into action and making Sheev more of a military general that then became a political power.

The threat could be clones, so you could keep the "Clone Wars".
And the jedis would be bystanders that then try to find a leading force behind the threat to negotiate peace for the good of all. And in their efforts they would start falling into ambushes or traps, until they took an aggressive stance.

Though with that proposal I'm not sure I could get 3 movies. Maybe 2.

>everyone who disagrees with me is RLM!!!
Alright let me come up with one. Everyone who doesn't think the prequels were shit are reddit. Am I fitting in yet?

Yeah but it seems like he didn't want to have control on it anymore. This franchise has been chasing him all his life, I assume he got tired of it. But the current situation is worse to him, because he has to watch Star Wars turned into the uncreative generic blockbusters he always despised, and he can do nothing to stop it.
I'm pretty sure it's Kathleen Kennedy and Bob Iger that convinced him it was the right thing to do, because they are the ones who are profiting from it. Of course they fed him with BS like they would respect the legacy of the franchise. And then turned it into dogshit filled with social engineering and shit to cater to the lowest common denominator.

Reddit hates the prequels, nice try though

>Disney ruined Star Wars
and Marvel
>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
>literally 10 seconds in a black school news reporter is macking on blonde white girl
>the new black Mary Jane's WE speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves
>both of Peter Parker's love interests are black
>villain's wife is black
>Peter's Mexican school rival has a white blonde girlfriend
>the oh so edgy Sup Forums Fuck Marry Kill scene with high schoolers fantasizing about old men, also participated in by a gay male
>Aunt May’s “Gay is OK!” speech

etc. etc.etc.

When is enough enough? I find myself more and more only watching old movies/shows.

with jews you loose

they will only ruin it if rey doesn't end up with finn

its bad enough that he starts to appear in Sci Fi movies i find interesting but this shit starts really to annoy me

Mike, is that you?

Kotor 1 and 2 yes, the old republic online it's at the same shit category with episode 7

98% RT score incoming

you must be fucking stupid
Disney only wished they were this creative
Revan and HK 47 became fan favorites. Nobody gives a shit about Mary Sue Ray

what was he suppose to do at that point? add a scene to 2 that says "oh btw the jedi then realized midichlorians are fake science nevermind"

I thought all that shit that was written in Turner`s diaries where exaggerated but this turns out more and more true (((They))) try really hard to push their agenda

I think is time that patriotic people start to make their own books and movies. If they have the will they will find a way

everyone in this thread is uneducated on why he sold to disney and obviously has no knowledge of his long standing relationship with them going back to the 1980's. he sold them to them FOR PURPOSELY LESS money then Fox and other studios offered him because he had a great realtionship in the past with Michael Eisner who did legitimately good work with him. Then he got cucked by the new CEO Bob Iger who he didn't know very well and as well Kathleen Kennedy.

>shit like this makes me want that my favorit series like Warhammer 40k will never have a movie adaptation. They will infest it with nigger and SJWs because jews are like tzeentch cultists

We'd like to think this is just an awful racist caricature, but we all know it's true. Kathleen Kennedy has been sucking Spielberg's dick for 40 years, he knows everything about her. But did he warn George that he was doing a mistake? No, he went on to help get JJ Abrams do the first movie! What kind of friend is this? This bastard was always jaleous because nobody remembers his vanilla movies while George Lucas made classics that will last for decades.

People jumped through hoops to make them fit since. They just needed to try SOMETHING.
Dunno, like "we made our religion into a science and lost sight of its true meaning".

What's with the increasing trend of picking ugly black people for your movies? Billy Dee Williams was an obvious diversity hiring after complaints SW was "too white", but at least he was good looking and charismatic.

agree. he looks like an ape

they don't want to hook him up with the white feminist that need no man, and certainly not a black one. Feminists are even more racist that Trump voters, notice that all these female leads are always whiter than white. In Ghostbusters, the black one is not the prettiest black you've ever seen, and she's a subway clerck while the white girls are scientists, ummm.

>normies like it so it's bad

I bet you're very young....
Adults have been hating on Star Wars since they forced bad CGI characters into the original trilogy and then stopped selling the unedited originals.
The prequels were the nails in the coffin, half of Lucas's career is failure.

How can you justify this logic when TFA and even Rogue One were leagues better than the Prequels? Alternately, if you're mad about how commercial Star Wars has become, consider that Star Wars has basically been a commercial enterprise since 1980.

Is Sup Forums so delusionally contrarian that it will choose to embrace films that are legitimately horrible?

>you can ignore the special editions and stick to the originals.

Not without jumping through a shit ton of hoops. The last time the "unaltered" trilogy was commercially available was as a horribly compressed version included as a "bonus disc" on the 2004 DVD release. The only existing high quality versions of the OT were made by third parties who blended different versions of the films together to get the highest quality result.

No, reddit hates the prequels and likes VII, therefore Sup Forums hates the new one and loves the prequels.

I know it's confusing, just two years ago we hated the prequels. Well, this is just lies and propaganda. We've always been at war with East- I mean Disney!

>the new black Mary Jane's WE speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves

There's nothing >WE about this, it was built by enslaved stonemasons.

what made starwars so huge was how creative it was

The special editions weren't creative. The prequels weren't creative. The disney installments haven't been less creative.

The prequels and special editions were failures of execution. The disney installments have been failures of ambition.

>leagues better

No. In some aspects they're worse than the Prequels, like its cast of characters.

>reddit hates the prequels and likes VII

I don't know man, the Prequel Defense Force on the Star Wars subreddit is huge. At some point the general zeigeist across all social media shifted from "these movies are terrible" (a correct statement) to "I don't get why everyone hates these, they're really good!"

At the risk of sounding like an elitist piece of shit, I can only assume it's the result of lowest common denominator types using easy-to-access social media like Twitter and Facebook and gaining a platform through those where they had not been able to express those opinions before.

THIS. It was honestly quite interesting and really added some spice to the story, but now it's just mindless cgi battles with barely any plot.

At worst, Rogue One's characters are as bad as the prequels (no charisma, developments, etc). However all of TFA's characters are better written and better acted than anyone in the prequels. Between TFA, Rogue One and the prequels, TFA is the only movie of the five with any actual characters.

It was a good idea. That does not mean it was executed well. In fact, the execution in all aspects of the prequels was utterly incompetent.

>it was built by enslaved stonemasons.
that's 100% a lie, you fucking brainwashed retard
vulture.com/2017/07/was-the-washington-monument-built-by-slaves.html

Except for the music. John Williams is the only person who has worked on all seven movies and still been able to walk away with his integrity and reputation completely intact. Give credit where it's due, user!

rehashing the music of the OT in the prequels and disney installments is not something that warrants praise.

You don't know what you're talking about. Actually give the TFA soundtrack a listen, the vast majority of tracks are unique to the film, except for the obvious shit like Han and Leia's theme and the Theme of the Force/Binary Sunset, both of which make perfect sense used in the context of the story.

Also, the Prequels hardly rehash anything from the old movies except when it makes sounds. All seven soundtracks are mostly original with certain motifs that link them all together. Try actually sitting down and listening to the music before saying shit that's completely wrong.

Also Michael Giaccino (Star Trek, The Incredibles) worked on Rogue One, not Williams.

MESA BUTTHURT ABOUT JEWSA

negro the TFA soundtrack is variations on a theme: star wars OT score.

This shit is second nature to any remotely competent musician and is deserving of zero praise.

FUCKING JEWS ruining my kids movies!!!