youtube.com/watch?v=3_pn46eVAao
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Repeatedly throws shit in your face to get your attention

Rocket was based

how the fuck was the ape cgi so good bros

Superior /rocket/ here.

Movie magic
But seriously, the cgi in War was probably the best ever

when Bad Ape pokes his head out of the hole it honestly looked like a mask or puppet

It was amazing
Dawn was good but at times it was obvious you were looking at a CG character in a real set.
Here it was seamless

Great movie overall

I thought when Maurice first met Nova was incredible, the close up of him legit looks like they got a real orangutan to be in the movie

Maurice has always been the best looking of all the characters, possibly because he moves slower and is not in too many action scenes.

>Rocket
Daily reminder YMS and his fans hated this movie because he couldn't masturbate his small genetically inferior cock to the monkeys

Nobody cares about that faggot, he hated Dawn too

The actress that plays him is extremely devoted to her craft. She spends tons of time with real orangutans to better mimic their actions.

I only come here to casually shitpost and I hate movies but This looks interesting and I may consider going to see this movie

>When /rocket/ gives donkey good go, takes a pounding to create a distraction, and still remains entirely faithful to big C

My nig

thats a strange looking racoon

It was a good film but I personally expected a bit more "war". And I agree above that the CGI was award-winning amazing.

>inb4 it gets cucked at awards like Rise and Dawn were

>donkey sitting on the wall watching caesar while the guy yells at him to reload for him
This was seriously a really fucking good movie

>The actress that plays him is extremely devoted to her craft
Holy crap Maurice was played by a woman? Magic of motion capture everyone
>She spends tons of time with real orangutans to better mimic their actions.
That's not unique to her, it's something everyone in the movies had to do.

youtube.com/watch?v=3_pn46eVAao

Was this the spiritual successor to Army Dog?

>Takes the bullet to the back of the head after saving Caesar
All of that donkey's redemption arc was fucking kino

That's cool

They copied star wars.

Actually the whole series is just other movies with apes instead of humans.

I wish he went apeshit on the soldiers instead of standing there, but it was still a kino scene

>tfw kept thinking that army guy was going to help the apes. Is only their to get BTFO'd when Donkey turns face

Seriously what was the point of that guy? From the trailers and up until that point I figured he was going to be the Franco/Clarke role.

Yeah, shit. Come to think of it he actually did nothing, the way they were building his character I figured he was either gonna panic and try to kill Caesar or help the apes

To me he was like the Upham from Saving Private Ryan. Too much of a coward, despite knowing the right thing to do.

Who here /meatrocket/?

maybe the point was to show that no matter what Caesar did to try and show mercy or have peace the humans would only ever see them as enemies. So it emphasizes that there can't be any compromise between the apes and that group of humans. But if that was the intent they were going for it wasn't made all that clear and sounds too much like fan justification.

/maurice/
/maurice/
/maurice/
/maurice

Him getting executed was far more powerful

I felt like he was there to show humans were pretty much irredeemable at this point.

The guy that made a big deal about not seeing Ant-Man because he didn't want to support Marvel and then went on to see and praise literally every Marvel movie after?

I missed him in Dawn, glad he was in this one more

The movie was great and ends a really good trilogy

However Fox really messed up with the marketing on this and missold this as being a Apes v humans war movie
They managed to push away people who thought it would be too similar to Dawn whilst those who went wanting to watch that kind of movie would feel short changed

Also showing the avalanche in the trailer was a dumb move, literally spoilled the resolution of the entire movie and those scenes were not even close to being representative of the movie as a whole.
Fuck Fox

Is this the best blockbuster trilogy since LOTR? If not what was?

What part of Star wars were they copying?

I don't think there can be a successor to that film. Maybe if we were twenty years in the past but in this day and age there's no way Hollywood would even think about making a movie that violent and disturbing

>If not what was?

the only worthwhile capekino

Avalanche cgi ruined it desu.
The cgi in the movie was flawless until that scene.

Rocket's fucking awesome. His distraction scene was flat-out beautiful.

It's a really solid film and the effects are mind-blowing. I highly recommend.

I'm so glad Rocket is still kicking. He's been my favorite character in the series. I think he's really shown the most progression.

I'm assuming that he is comparing Donkey watching Caesar get shot and then deciding to kill the soldier dude with Vader watching the emperor kill Luke and then throw the emperor down the shaft

Who here meat popsicle?

So? that scene literally lasts like 30 seconds...