Which show will scifi fans like more?

Which show will scifi fans like more?

Orville Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=Yy9sKeCE8V0
STD Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=4dxe_ugmIVM

>Which show will scifi fans like more?

They both look like trash.

I wanna fuck the ex-wife and super strong nymphlet in the Orville.

She is not a loli, she appears to be part fish?

Looking at the ears and maybe ridges on forehead perhaps her species is descended from an aquatic life form?

The Orville looks better no question

>Set Macfarlane

DROPPED

Hate to say it but being a scifi nerd showed both trailers to my friend, he is NOT a scifi nerd.

Had both on youtube and zoomed out the title and hit play, he was confused by the STD one and thought it looked like something a 9 year old made adding every visual addon in the app, while he thought Orville was the new star trek show and liked that more :P

Hate to say it as a Trekkie, but I agree, Im seeing more I like that is more like Trek in Orville than STD.

As much as you hate him, I think he gets Star Trek more than the people making the new Star Trek. Kind of weird but he has that fan love that money cant buy over at STD where they lost the one guy involved in real star trek Bryan Fuller who left over the use of profanity and explicit sex in STD.

i think people are star trek'd out and will flock to see the orville
much like what happened with galaxy quest.
people want something different, but the same (if that makes sense)

you'll see it in the ratings and people will come out saying that 'orville' is the best 'trek' series after ds9/tng/*voyager*

>you'll see it in the ratings and people will come out saying that 'orville' is the best 'trek' series after ds9/tng/*voyager*
gotta agree, you hit it on the head. Orville is not Trek, but its literally closer than STD.

One thing I hold against the new Trek is that the creators said their going less scifi and less exploration to focus on interpersonal relationships. WTF it sounds like were in an alternate timeline where the teams got switched because orville is all about exploration from the trailer and scifi.

>STD is supposed to take place in the original timeline
>Copies the tone, style, and design of the JJ films
BRAVO

>She is not a loli

Will nobody's perfect, still within acceptable parameters.

>Will nobody's perfect, still within acceptable parameters.
So fish people are acceptable now? What kind of madhouse are we living in.

That is a point for Orville, as STD lacks any lolis.

>yo dawg i herd u like holes in your saucer

wha-why would they do this?
They made it worse than it looked before, I thought they said they were going to make it better?

I'm more interested in Orville. Plz no bully.

Crew shot orville.

No crew shot available for STD as the creators said they want the trailer to have the impression of what the show will be like as you watch the main character discover the universe as she discovers herself as a woman.

The Orville could be watchable if someone released versions with all the "jokes" edited out.

uniforms appear color coded like Trek, not saying they wont change since even in TNG the men wore skirts in the pilot and first few eps.

Right side has a group that appears to be something?

So blue is leadership meaning the alien guy in the middle is like the master seargeant maybe?

im just hapy it doesnt have a laugh track, i can let the jokes slide, they suck but their not bad in an always sunny kinda way maybe?

whoa actually this look alot more like TNG or Trek TV shows. Looking at STD its taking the jj abrams approach of lens flare everywhere washed out colors, I can barely see in the new trek trailer wtf is going on while other shots look worse than a fan made movie.

depends are you a SJW or a star trek fan

Everything I've heard about Discovery makes it sound like a train wreck and the art direction is like Michael Bay meets JJ Abrams. Macfarlane may not be great but he knows his Star Trek and Orville seems to be a passion project and isn't being churned out to make money. I just wish he would've been able to use the Star Trek IP. A comedy set in the Star Trek universe would have been great.

Gene Roddenberry was the ultimate SJW, dumbass

Seth is going to make better star trek than star trek.

I wonder if he's going to have some old Star Trek cast members like Patrick Stewart do cameos. That would make it all worth it

Visual comparison of shots taken from footage that should be regular footage from both trailers.

Clear as day STD seems to have the JJ style lots of lens flare, aberration, you name it.
There is another shot from STD which was just too horrible so I didnt use it that has lens flare on top of other lens flare.

STD looks more like the movies which might be good for those fans, but Orville the show does seem more in line with previous trek shows and movies.

WE WAS SPACE NIGGERS AND SHIIET

>I just wish he would've been able to use the Star Trek IP.
Your 100% right, and it should have been the new star trek, everything in his pilot screams almost same time period when warp would have first been discovered now we have ships and all. He probably took it to CBS to have them make it but that was back when Netflix was saying we give you free money and pay for one whole season of STD, which was the only way CBS was going to make a new trek show if they didnt have to spend one dime. Kind of weird I gotta say.

that smug fukken look on her face, I mean c'mon seriously come the fuck on! they dont even try to hide it all.

Somebody please turn this into some spinnerz.

K A N G Z
A
N
G
Z

Orville is also on network television. RIP Star trek?

pretty much, fox is going to take star treks crowd and cbs is pushing this show on a close ended service.

people really want to check it out will just pirate it meaning they'll get about..a handful of subscribers.

I mean how many nerds don't know how to get free media off the internet.

Another visual comparison of the shooting styles.

There is so much shit going on in the STD one I couldnt really find a place for the logos :P

WE

Orville is a trash name for a show. No one will watch this.

>is hard to imagine....you've serve unda me for SEVEN years...

what did she mean by this

>Orville is also on network television.
Orville be on FOX just like TNG was on FOX right? Thats ironic.

>people really want to check it out will just pirate it meaning they'll get about..a handful of subscribers.
Its also not allowed on TV due to the agreement with Netflix who payed for the show , the CEO at CBS said this will cause more people to sign up for CBS Online a PPV service for CBS shows, aint nobody got time for that shit!

>Orville is a trash name for a show.
That trailer is off the chain and im more pumped for Orville than the new Trek show, but dam your right that fucking name tho dawg!

It's a trash name on purpose brah and Mcfarlane is shooting 3 for 4 on scripted series that he has created. Only show of his that has failed so far is black one.

He was also a guest star on Enterprise. That's how much he loves trek. You can find trip yelling at him for multiple episodes across season 3/4

I think there's purpose in them naming the ship something other than typical monolithic names like "Enterprise" or "Voyager". I think it would have been dumb if they tried to name it something cool.

If only he could have called it Star Trek: Orville. Even Star Ship Orville or Space Ship Orville would be better

>Only show of his that has failed so far is black one.
i dunno that show does have a cult following, I couldnt get into it but I think he didnt give it enough attention on purpose to not one up the main show family guy, what do you think?

It's a good thing it's not. Now they have the freedom to tell original stories and new species without muh continuity.

>I think it would have been dumb if they tried to name it something cool.
That does sound right, it wouldnt fit say if it was called CHALLENGER or some shit.

I dont think he had a choice user... Im guessing we will learn he wanted it to be a trek series but got shut down because netflix was paying for STD and if CBS made mcfarlanes then CBS would have to pay for it.

To increase evasion from weapons fire

Well he was working on 3 shows at the same time and hosting the oscar I think around the same time. The other shows had stronger fanbases so fox kept them. Which is ironic. I think the cleveland show would do better now that Fox's top shows are all black ones. Lethal weapon and Empire are their top scripted with Lucifer hanging somewhere in the middle.

So they have the audience now. Ironically.

Not to pile my man love on Seth, but he is almost single handedly responsible for making the new cosmos. Hate it if you want, but he has a genuine love for the subject matter.

that really makes no fucking sense, but please explain if you can or care. I dont it looks like ass.

If he had genuine love for it he'd stay behind the camera and not in front of it with his stupid fucking face glaring at you.

It wouldn't really have to be in any continuity if it's a comedy but being able to use Klingons, Vulcans, Starfleet and all that wouldve been better than cheap knockoffs IMO.

90% of what makes his stuff work is his voice though. Ted, Family Guy, American Dad...

TNG wasn't actually on the FOX network. It was a syndicated series, but some of the stations that showed it were also FOX affiliates.

thanks user saw it on FOX here must be how like Netflix is paying for the show to be made but CBS owns it and films it.

Rewatching the trailer for STD it says it takes place 10 years before TOS. Mocked up an image showing STD, TOS, and Star Trek V. It seems that in STD there really is no lore or love for star trek as the tech their using is way, Waaaaaaay ahead, even the corridors than TOS yet it takes place before TOS. Look at the super brain thing on this guy, touch LED screens, and some super rad translucent screen to his side.

dem legs on uhura hngggggggggggggg

so uhhh what timeline is STD? The klingons it seems from the trailer are the same as the JJ era. Is JJ affiliated with this show since those klingons are his designs and exist nowhere else in Trek?

Why so they keep doing this prequel shit. Hack writers can't write around technology that can solve almost any situation?

One is free...the other is ppv. Pretty easy choice.

didnt even know it but in STD those alien things are klingons. in TOS they look almost human then fast forward and they get their natural look.

All explained in TNG, the klingons in the trailers are the same ones from the JJverse just like the shooting style the ships, this seems less like the TV timeline and more like the JJ timeline to me at least.

You know he will, Patrick Stewart is a regular on American Dad

supposedly normal/prime timeline. and JJverse Klingons didn't have elongated skulls.

>I wonder if he's going to have some old Star Trek cast members like Patrick Stewart do cameos.
holy shit imagine if that happens?

Stewart was saying galaxy quest was an insult to trek then Frakes aka Riker called him up and suggested he go see it. Stewart saw it and loved it seeing it as a tribute to Star Trek, we could see that here with him making an appearance.

I still think they're pulling a long con, and these aren't really going to be Klingons. Especially with those names

its a klingon death ship, its from an age long ago and kind of just drifts in space. but once again we see more JJ stuff than what is actually prime timeline stuff, just look at the bridge its more high tech than fucking TNG or Voyager.

Okay but the names though

Im not too up on the names, oddly I know more about leaks on the script than what is officially released lately, fell out of the loop for a bit due to work.

It is supposed to be klingons on some kind of death ship, its even coffin shaped I believe in sketches. Its still an ass explanation and looks like ass like the rest of the show.

Execs might think it's cutting it a little too close to get a Star Trek captain on the Star Trek parody show tho. I hope I'm wrong

my latinum is on the Hur'q being involved somehow.

No offense but you have no idea. This is Seth MacFarlane + Fox, literally one of the most solid relationships in network television right now. They let him do cosmos even though their main viewership is conservative.

Have him be the ship computer or something so he can spew jokes there.

>Execs might think it's cutting it a little too close to get a Star Trek captain on the Star Trek parody show tho. I hope I'm wrong
yea I was thinking the same thing, but this is a new ballgame, it could work with him being a captain there or they could alien him up.

I dunno the normal rules seem to not apply to orville with the direction their going while keeping the feel of Trek without being Trek, fuck me it looks like a good knockoff.

>This is Seth MacFarlane + Fox, literally one of the most solid relationships in network television right now.
Hoping that relationship pays off, they are long time buddies if you can call them that? If orville is looking good even with a small fanbase I hope its good enough to survive the first year.

Sadly Im not so optimistic on the new Trek show, it just looks boring, I didnt like the JJ movies and this new trek show looks like a JJ movie which is a bad sign for me at least.

thats just ugly as fuck senpai like jewish modern art.

If he does I hope he gets Patrick to play a role that's the complete opposite of Picard, kind of like his character on American Dad

If the Orville takes off and is fun and decent, I really don't care if Discovery bombs. In my mind I'll be happy knowing that the spirit of Star Trek lives on in some way.

that looks awful, like it should be the grand nagus's or something, and yea it would be nice if we got some of the hur'q invasion

>In my mind I'll be happy knowing that the spirit of Star Trek lives on in some way.
yea Netflix payed only for one season of STD and CBS has no plans for a second season paying on their own it seems from the investor meetings, so if STD dies it will be quick like a band aid right off.

Still pissed it throws enterprise under the bus which sucked as a show to me at least but explained the whole klingons looking human in TOS then more klingony in TNG.