So could this have ever worked and everything was handled by complete fucking morons or is the idea itself tainted

So could this have ever worked and everything was handled by complete fucking morons or is the idea itself tainted.

both
someone competent can sell even dogshit, but this failed at everything

The original is only good through the eyes of nostalgia, and it was only good in the 80s because drugs were cheap and there weren't enough movies coming out to be picky

>Revive zombie franchise
>intentionally alienate the existing fanbase instead of trying to make money off of them
Is that the worst business decision ever made in the movie industry?
Anyway, sure it could have worked if they hadn't been outright hostile about everything. Make it a sequel/soft reboot to the original. Have Murray, Aykroyd and Hudson playing their original characters and have them pass the torch to a new generation. Just be respectful to the original movie and you win the old fans, then you can what you want with the rest.
Kinda like that Extre Ghostbusters cartoon from the 90s. Which had such a diverse cast you'd think it was made today.

Reboots are garbage films that no one would like if it weren't for nostalgia.

>So could this have ever worked and everything was handled by complete fucking morons or is the idea itself tainted.
Here is facts we know from interviews and leaked emails:

Feig the Writer/Director flat out said he hats paranormal stuff and scifi. He refused the first time asked by that lady at Sony.

Fast forward, the jew at sony promised him he would have full control, she got rid of everyone who is supposed to be involved. Feig takes the job, but why he had no interest in ghostbusters ever and in interviews flat out said he was the worst person for the job.

But seriously WTF was Feig was he supposed to do? He is still a NEW director in Hollywood and kinda knows that this bitch if he doesnt take the role could eff up his career.

>rumor paragraph
McCarthy also a writer and a huge GB fan she was a gb for halloween with pics for proof almost every year growing up, its rumored she often ended up storming off the set screaming the real GB would never do this shit, etc.... Feig literally left the set one time in tears its rumored. McCarthy says in interviews today there is not enough money in the world to ever get her to do a sequel. Their still buddies insiders say due to that spy 2 movie, but that was a contractual obligation for Feig, past that his career seems bleak and his friendship with McCarthy seems strained to say the least.

>The original is only good through the eyes of nostalgia, and it was only good in the 80s because drugs were cheap and there weren't enough movies coming out to be picky
Your a fucking retard who just shows that they dont know shit about the craft of movie making.

The original ghostbusters you could remove the humor and have a great scifi romp. The new one if the humor is removed your left with nothing. Try thinking before posting, and leave your basement once in awhile to see the real world so you sound like less of a libcuck.

The craft of movie making is pseudo science, shitty plot holes, and relying on your critics to be coked out of their minds?

>caring about "plot holes" in fucking Ghostbusters

kill yourself

thats called creativity and why the first one has such a legendary following that warranted tv shows, books, sequels, reboots you name it.

Its part of why your too stupid to understand the latter points when the basics elude your delusional grasp on reality. When you grow up like most liberals you might understand, until then be happy I even replied, being the waste you are, most people would ignore you but good thing for you Im a sucker for losers always hoping they can someday come out on top.

your sentence structure is fucking terrible.

It really wasn't a terrible movie the first half was actually funny it's the ghostbuster stuff that is bad. If it had been its own movie of a group of chick chasing paranormal stuff it may have worked. It's the insistence of rebooting the ghostbuster aspect that ruins it.

I-m not sure if the world needed another Ghostbusters movie. If I wanted to continue the franchise I'd have done it as a tv show. Tie it into the old movies. Get some young people and say that they've been trained to take over the business from the old Ghostbusters. Start of with whomever they of the old cast they can get on a tv budget handing them the keys to their company. Then make it an episodic show about the inexperienced new Ghostbusters invesigating various hauntings. Kinda like a supernatural version of Scrubs.

Wasn't there a cartoon with vaguely the same premise?

What about my comments makes me seem liberal? is your victim complex really that bad that you think everyone who disagrees with you is a big bad commie? maybe get yourself a safe space from criticism. Try reddit

im aware :D i should be asleep... just wanted to dump the infos. feel free to rewrite it if care to make it understandable.

who cares about plot when there's funny nerd jokes hahaha. You've got the box sets of Big Bang Theory don't you

>e who disagrees with you is a big bad commie? maybe get yourself a safe space from cr
You said commie not me, but hey if your that delicate, crawl back in your hug box. Next time try not to out yourself so easily, I know its tough since you have no friends but at least go out once in awhile to get a social life and then it wouldnt be as easy.

It could've worked if it wasn't shit

It would probably had sell better if they didn't decide to insult their main audience

A reboot needs to do one or more of these things

>Improve on the original
>Not rely on references
>Go in a different (but good) direction to make it stand out or be unique in some worthwhile way

It did none of these. Its a flat rehash that doesn't try anything new, its just the same-but-worse, the worst thing that a reboot can be.

>It would probably had sell better if they didn't decide to insult their main audience
Are you implying that when a movie is made they shouldnt insult the people who want to see it? Thats genius! jokes aside wtf were those hollyjews thinking, that inbred DNA aint helping them at all.

>crying this much about someone insulting your favourite movie
>calling me delicate

^this
their right you kno...

They could have fucking adapted that and nobody had complained. They had a winner right there.

The movie was stupid and boring. It didn't need to be made either. However I didn't get why it was controversial either. So it's SJW because it had 4 bitches instead of men? I mean the karate kid had a chick in the later movies and I didn't think anything of it. The movie is forgettable and that's really it. Sup Forums is like Reddit nowadays with people getting triggered about shit.

The entire critical response and marketing campaign of this movie was basically that this was the ultimate middle finger to all the manbabies on the internet when the trailer got massively downvoted. This became SJW because of the people involved claiming it was a giant fuck you to angry male nerds.

i too watched the latest cinemasins episode

The biggest blunder is that it was a reboot and not Ghostbusters 3.

But yeah, the """script""" was shit (more like letting actors improvise take after take, then try to assemble something good in editing) and the characters weren't very good.

On competent hands, female Ghostbusters could've worked

It was disrespectful. Why not have it be about a franchise of the Ghostbusters set in the same canon as the original? They deflected all criticism under the guise of "manbabies crying that we're taking over their franchise" when obviously there's more to it than that. Look up Ackroyd's recent comments about Feig's directing, that says all you need to know. The vibe from the whole production was just hostile toward this imagined sea of misogyny.

I'm fine with an all female Ghostbusters team. They just bit off more than they could chew and clearly couldn't back it up. Nobody is ever going to look back at this as a "female empowerment" milestone because it was so bland. It's a shame.

WE

its the OJ defense, just adapted for the age of tumblr. "If we make a shitty movie with a bad script but have a progressive cast and plot then it's just misogynists' fault we failed"

funny thing is the guybusters movie that was rumored probably would have done well. With Channing Tatum and Chris Pratt.

>Terrible improv jokes the whole movie, not a single joke feels scripted
>Dead silent theater at every punchline
>were they literally high when they edited this thing that's the only way any of this is funny
>"I guess I should have known. The hair dye box said Garfield on it."
Pause for raucus laughter that surely will come after that gut busting allusion to the fact that Garfield the cat is orange and her hair is orange.
>"But not Garfield the cat."
Pause even longer, stretching out the suspense for an audience literally about to explode with laughter. WHAT MANNER OF BRILLIANT TWIST COULD THEY HAVE DEVISED. THEY MUST HAVE ALREADY KILLED EVERYONE IN THE THEATER WITH SIMULTANEOUS HUMOR ORGASMS FROM THAT LAST JOKE, HOW COULD THEY TWIST THIS IN ANOTHER INGENIOUS WAY INVOLVING THE NAME GARFIELD
>"Garfield the president."
HAHA. HAHA. NOBODY THINK TOO HARD ON WHY SOMEONE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE A GENIUS WOULD BUY JAMES A GARFIELD HAIR DYE AND THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA OR THAT THIS JOKE GENERALLY MAKES NO SENSE, TAKE ANOTHER HIT ON A BONG YOU PIGS AND SHOVE MORE FUCKING PRINGLES INTO YOUR GORMLESS MAW YOU FUCKING ANIMALS.
>movie over, that was literally one of the last "jokes"

Is that really a joke in the movie? I shut it off about an hour in and never finished it

Yeah, cast likeable actresses.
They went after that fat, quirky girl audience.
It should have been Fey, Poehler, Rashida Jones and Lucy Liu or whoever for extra diversity points.

>Fey, Poehler, Rashida Jones and Lucy Liu
Shit man don't remind of what could've been

I liked it

I don't think he's the one crying here.

Of course it could work. Just have the four women be hot and not shit on men in interview's. This why Wonder Woman made money

Hemsworth was the best part of this fiasco. Not because he has a dick, but because he played the humor in his character honestly, almost Shakespearean, rather than force it like the rest of the cast. Wiig was a close second in this respect

I was impressed that they managed to get a gorilla to wear a proton pack long enough to film a scene

Personally I could care less if the cast was male or female. It could easily work with women. The females they chose sucked though and the writing was even worse