Who formed your earliest sense of humor Sup Forums?

Who formed your earliest sense of humor Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ
youtu.be/W_InUXXFqMA?t=1m29s
youtube.com/watch?v=xBXOPbFTApI
youtube.com/watch?v=DztrX5dXmxU
youtube.com/watch?v=dpLfDNCbgYU
youtube.com/watch?v=bpQ_8xMdcCs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mine was pic related and Chris Tucker.

Hee-haw and Benny Hill. Fuck you.

All That

Russell Peters

Mr. Bean.

You have exquisite taste, OP.

Whose that user?
Thanks dude

This poor, deranged bastard. blown up by enemy artillery twice in WWII, and he managed to survive being insane long enough to make the Goon Show.

>
>Whose that user?
> doesn't know who benny hill was

you know the music "Yakkety Sax", right? okay, you're american, you don't know the name, but when you hear it you're all "oh, right, the high-speed chase music."

youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

yes. Benny Hill made it popular.

Mike Judge

Golden era Simpsons

Ren and Stimpy and All That

>tfw Sup Forums formed my sense of humour 8 years ago

>implying I have a sense of humor

Probably Leslie Nielsen.

classic

SpongeBob seasons 1, 2, and 3

Fuck I was born in 86 so im going to think about it, it has to be Jim Carrey, every movie he made back then was mindblowing, I still remember the day we went to see The Mask, I cannot describe it. Then I followed his career through the years.

Right now I love a different mix of comedians, in no particular order:

-Paul f tompkins
-Tom segura
-Jim Norton
-Patrice
-John Mulaney
-Rory Scovel

This. I didn't even get a lot of the Naked Gun jokes as a kid but I loved it. It's why I love slapstick.

Kek based
I'm trying to watch this from scratch, are they on Netflix?
Is that on netflix?
Honestly Jim Carrey was formative for me as well, along with Eddie Murphy, but like movie Eddie, not stand up Eddie

The original Tom and Jerry,you guys are too young to remember.

Truthfully what really is my earliest first introduction to humor was the Looney Tunes. Word class. Creativity unhinged by animation and purposed for comedy combined is fantastical in all elements.

"HI IM LOOKING FOR RAY FINKLE!"

iCarly and the Suite Life of Zach and Cody... Man, I feel old now.

Where I grew up our national TV network had an absolutely based editor/curator, so we'd get British comedy shows.

I was about 8-10 when my family went over to family friends' and they put on Monty Python's Holy Grail. I was literally on the floor, rolling and laughing. Then we watched Life of Brian, same reaction.

So yeah, influences:
>Monty Python
>John Cleese/Fawlty Towers
>Only Fools and Horses
>Allo, Allo
>Mr. Bean

From local, I'd have to say the Yugoslavian comedy troupe Top Lista Nadrealista (Top List of Surrealists) was very influential. These guys are famed for being spot on in many of their 'predictions' in their sketches. They were the Yugoslavian Monty Python pretty much.

Look at an example:
youtu.be/W_InUXXFqMA?t=1m29s
>news show sketch set in 2007
>talks about ethnic tensions and clashes in Sweden
Back when it was made in the 80s Sweden was considered the pinnacle of peace and stability.

How old are you lmao?

Was Chaplin big in the UK?

20 as of April. I was almost 8 when Zack and Cody started in '05 and 10 when iCarly started '07.

>Top Lista Nadrealista
They are still running I think,making new episodes dunno how good they are though.

From the local i give you K-15,a legendary show.
Its very tongue in cheek and hard to understand even if you are native.

>youtube.com/watch?v=xBXOPbFTApI

I'm wondering too

From my dad obviously.

On an unrelated note, have any of you seen my Henway?

My dad

Marx brothers movies, we had them on VHS and would watch them constantly

lots of absurdist "post modern" garbage like tim and eric, aqua teen, early to mid million dollar extreme (cut off at about ideas man)

i am now steeped in irony and miserable

>They are still running I think,making new episodes dunno how good they are though.
Probably not very, cause it's a new cast I think.

>Its very tongue in cheek and hard to understand even if you are native.
I was trying to figure out what language it was. Macedonians speak somewhat differently.
youtube.com/watch?v=DztrX5dXmxU

Seconding Jim Carrey.

I saw it by the updog.

i remember pic related was the hardest i ever laughed as a kid
almost passed out

Earliest was Mr. Bean, but Looney Toons, Popeye, and Tom & Jerry immediately followed, which were equally as important.

Prob. Space Ghost Coast to Coast though I remember nothing of it.

The Three Stooges.

Gene is so fucking underrated. He's the reason I got into acting but he's also the reason why I stayed as a writer.

unironically south park

Patrician humor. Watching these guys influenced me a lot actually

Benny Hill is a legend.

Also, Harry Enfield, Bottom, The Young Ones and Red Dwarf.

And don't forget The Two Ronnies.

benny hill

he also made me a perv

Mel Brooks, easily.

tom and jerry, spongebob, the list could go on...

My dad had a bunch of Billy Connelly stand ups on VHS and I remember rewatching them constantly.

Also I loved Mr Bean and this book is absolute kino.

Eddie Murphy - Raw
I watched it a million times as a child
that and Vanilla Ice - Cool as Ice
The only 2 VHS' we never bothered to return

The Young Ones
Bottom
Jim Carrey
Dave Chapelle
Jackass

I went to a British school when I was a kid, so Mr Bean was the shit, also Monty Python.
WKUK was great too. The Monty Python sketch introduced me to meta humor.

Billy T James
youtube.com/watch?v=dpLfDNCbgYU

One of my earliest memories is of watching this show. My parents have always been really oblivious so it's no surprise. I didn't get the humor as a kid, I was mostly just astounded by the fact that, "They opened a portal from the cartoon universe and real people can talk to cartoons." I thought that the show existed somewhere in space for real. I must have been four. In any case, my sense of humor now is the same as the show's. Alienating people by pretending you're an idiot and never letting on that you're joshing them. M-my relationships are a mess.
;-;

Flash movies on Newgrounds

black books

crack a window will ya

rescue me

Failed to understand a lot of the jokes as a child. Just thought Dougal was fucking hilarious. Nowadays, it's the ultimate comfort viewing for me.

this dude

I wish I was old enough for that, I only discovered radio comedy in my 20s and The Goon Show is just incredible. Vic & Bob defined my sense of humour, and I bet they were Goons fans too.

monty python
mst3k
airplane
caddyshack

Tom and Jerry, Dick Dastardly and Their Flying Machines and Rabbit of Saville which I watched over a me over

I want a pet I can love, but I don't want to take care of it!

Loved mr bean but nothing formed my sense of humour when I was a kid, we always made up our own shit. David brent from the office stuck wioth me for ages as a teenager/adult though. I still catch myself quoting him in a slight manner that people wouldn't recognize. Mostly smaller stuff like going 'eh!?' when someone says something suspect. Similar with alan partridge in a way. Obviously arund peple I know, I'm not a full autist.

Groening, Judge, and Atkinson

Airplane! is still my favourite movie of all time

I suspect the majority of British people think he's American.

For me it was pic related.
As well as Mr.Bean and Emperor's New Groove.

MAD magazine

Benny Hill

My dad, loony toons, and southpark/adultswim in that order.

Spongebob and saturday morning Cartoon Network if we are talking about what would consistently make me laugh aloneand with friends.

If you are talking about a comedy style. Chris rock: never scared

My Irish nigga

Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey films

Is this on netflix?
So he's not that popular eh?

this

Dumb and Dumber
Mr. Bean
Jim Carrey
Early Spongebob
Tom and Jerry
Loony Toons
Early Simpsons
Jackass
Norm Macdonald

not the earliest but this show definitely shaped what it is today.

Norm MacDonald was buddies with my teacher from college. Helped him produce his first special.

This

You will always have good taste.

Asterix & Obelix
Moomins

don't remember about tv

Not one mentions this. Smegheads.

"earliest sense of humor" like mr. bean isn't some of the funniest stuff ever no matter your age

Of course it is. Your earliest introduction to humor will most likely form you at your core. Mr. Bean is archetypal comedy for me. Universal, character based, brilliant.

Dane Cook

Ur kidding

Family Guy, Mock the Week (Frankie Boyle)

I'm such an autist, I was repeating Frankie Boyle to my friends and family as a kid but I had no idea what half the jokes meant

Whose Frankie Boyle dude?

Albino Blacksheep flash cartoons

>what is google

youtube.com/watch?v=bpQ_8xMdcCs

Who the hell are these people? You guys seem too old for Sup Forums