What's the best movie you've seen

What's the best movie you've seen

I dont understand how all films bodies intrinsically agreed this was no.1 a few years ago.
Personally don't think its Hitchcock's best

I didn't even know that. It was just an opinion I formed on my own.

Sup Forums is 18+ only

around 2012 BFI just decided its the no.1 best film. Everyone followed suit

go to sleep children

"Best" movie is tricky because it's not your favorite movie. As far as being pretty much perfectly done, maybe Shawshank Redemption or the Matrix?

HI HO SILVER AWAY

Truman Show trumps them, which is legitimately one of the best movies ever made.

I found it pretty boring but I haven't seen it in a long time, it's a good film though. I remember that I didn't really buy the premise, I didn't think people would approve of the whole setup and be fans of it.

Animation count?

Stalker

Of course.
Bible Black original kino.

thats the face I make when I watch anime

stand aside plebs, true kino coming through

without audio and dialogue trimed, it is good. pure cinema

I like this thread concept so I'll keep us going with runner-ups.

It's an amazing movie if you can look past the fact that the entire situation, and others like it, could be avoided if we ended the destructive War on Drugs.

Yes, I suppose all conflicts can be solved by surrender. Good thinking.

I am being 100% serious.

End prohibition; take away that source of income from organized crime. Watch cartels, mafia, gangs, etc. fade to nothing.

but then how can I feel united with opportunistic agencies who care nothing for me against a common enemy?

America's situation is a unique brand of retardation brought about because the CIA actively wanted it. Lots of criminals carrying out all kinds of horrific crimes that can be viewed on Liveleak earn their livelihoods thanks to America's drug laws, but at the same time America's lax approach to drugs is at least partially to blame. The US goes harder than most of the first world on this stuff but that isn't saying much at all, movie stars all do it and mainstream culture is constantly pushing that it's a victimless crime on par with drinking a can of coke. If the US were to end prohibition on drugs they'd fuck over those gangbangers (who most likely won't become garbagemen and teachers with their main source of income cut off) but probably invite a whole new set of just as bad problems. If the US had a responsible cultural attitude towards drugs it could work, but your media has spent years telling people it's all nothing to be afraid of. Do you want to live in a nation of potheads and crack users? Because that's what you'll get. If you post here you probably aren't the type, but plenty more people are. The law really is the only thing keeping a lot of people from fucking up their lives and those of the people around them.

Not even to get started on Britain and Australia, if we were to legalize drugs a handful of chinks and bikers would rely more heavily on their other scams and rackets while our entire populations would turn into toothless crackheads overnight.

>not wanting to align with CIA
Enjoy staying behind to make the wreckage look legit.

what a shit ending vertigo has. like most hitchcock i guess

I liked Marnie ending

yeah, did she jump on her own or she slipped?

fpbp

i think the girl in rear window is hotter therefore the movie is better then vertigo

Portugal has had a lot of success with its drug legalization program. To think that just because drugs are legal, everyone is going to start using them is not based in reality imo. Most of the people that are going to use drugs already do. However, the government should also make it easy (no red-tape) to open addiction centers so there can be an adequate supply for those that need it.

a nun surprised her and she fuckin died. and the nun didn't even apologise

Rear Window, Psycho and Dial M for Murder are all better.

Portugal had more success controlling drug use when they were a dictatorship.

That's the thing, you can't effectively fight organized crime and illegal drugs in a democratic society where people have rights, a certain degree of privacy, are entitled to due process, etc.

t. low test

Tippi>>>>>>rest

This. Though Novak has better lewds.

What is YOUR opinion on North by Northwest?

Imagine being this pleb

Not sure if it's the best, but this one still sticks with me.

kim novak fucked sammy davis jr., a one eyed ugly black manlet. in 1958 america

I liked the original better. Kurosawa's pretty meh

>No one has mentioned 2001 yet
Fucking plebs.

holy fucking shit all of these are bad except for vertigo

best film I have ever watched was 2001

done deal

>generic Hollywood NASA propoganda

Akira or tale of princess kaguya for just being well made

Watch more film. It's hilarious the kuckprick poster is talking down on anyone.

yeah okay dickhead who watched potemkin that one time in school

You have to go back.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>Kuckprick fans
Embarrassing to say the least

xD

Not an argument.

I was once told to watch more film after I posted my favorites. 500 films later and my favorites are still the same.

what am I suppose to feel during the 10 minute space and classical music shots?

certainly not vertigo lmao

If everyone had patience in this world & people actually paid attention to the whole film without falling asleep, It would be everyone's greatest film ever made. The true monilith of cinema.
No words can describe how masterful this film is. It's more than just a film, it's somthing else entirely. To me, the TRUE meaning of the words "masterpiece" & "experience" is - "2001: A Space Odyssey".
There's more deep meaning and hidden messages in this film than all of Chris Nolan's films combined.
To explain to the Naive and impatient folk. there IS a reason for the 5 minute scenes of (so-called) "nothing".
We spend 10 minutes looking at apes in plain desert, showing us how we developed human behavour for the first time.
THEN....all of a sudden, we're seeing a spaceship & spacestation. Without the 5 minute scenes, The film wouldn't be able to make us appreciate the technology we've managed to create since the "dawn of man".
All those 5 minute scenes of "nothing" are one of the most important aspects of the film.

There is a reason as to why the film plays 5 minutes of music before the film starts.
The song 'requiem' plays whenever a monolith appears on-screen. Stanley uses 'Requiem' to not only create a chilling mood but also give the monolith a voice. 'Requiem' is the monolith's voice speaking to whoever it is facing. By having the music play over the black screen at the beginning of the film Kubrick is actually showing us the first monolith. Doesn’t the black screen go on for a little too long? That was done intentionally by Kubrick. This is the monolith speaking to the audience themselves which suggest that we're about to witness a film so grand and so magnificent that it will open up our eyes to things we've never even thought possible.

But "go back 2 da Rddit where they love kuckprick" and "xD" are? Kuckprick fans are so low iq it's hilarious.

Watch more film.

Like a Redditor if you unironically enjoy it.

Yeah something by marvel am i right haha

see

I hatee capeshit (see what I did there?) soooo much. My favorites? Well everything by Refn, Villeneuve, and Kubrick :)))

Reddit fucking hates kubrick, go back there.

Best movie coming through. Seriously though, it's tough to pick one, but here's the first that came to mind.

>he fell for the hitchcock was good meme
literally the nolan of the 40s/50s
hope you liked seeing vertigo's shitty ending and pretending you liked it

Wow so deep!!1!1!

>knowing what Reddit hates
Sup Rddit

Did you stop watching film when you turned 12 or what the fuck?

I don't watch capeshit but you gotta be a real tryhard to think vertigo is the best movie you've ever watched. Either you haven't watched a lot of movies or you just wanted to impress everybody here but you got called out on it

>feel

okay american

no one, and I include Americans on this, no one can be this stupid. You are clearly memeing. Nolan cant do suspense or visual storytelling at all.

You have it backward

Not an argument.

Based Americans

Go back to your hole pajeet

Not American, dopey. those shots are shit. Maybe if it was shown in a theatre I might change my opinion.

>Nolan cant do suspense or visual storytelling at all.
Neither can Hitchcock

hitchcock's rear projection is unwatchable

come on now dont be silly

Lynch's true masterpiece

Hey since you've never heard of I'll help you out. His name is Robert Bresson and he's a French director who made or adapted films on suffering, suicide, depression, faith, and existentialism. You know, human things? I would suggest you watch some of his films but apparently you only see film as entertainment or a time waster I wouldn't bother. Hope this helps :)

Sup Forums hates Hitchcock. time to go back, crossboarder.

Which fanbase is the most insecure and why is it Kubrick fans?

>bresson

>adapted
stopped reading there. films are intrinsically inferior to literature. They're so inferior that they need to piggyback off other better mediums to make theirs look somewhat acceptable

i'll stop shitposting for a moment to educate you a tad:

did you ever stop to think that the scene is (successfully) communicating a sense of incomprehension? notice that the mysterious phenomena are reflected in dave's eyes before we take his point of view. He's confused, we're confused, star child, elevated consciousness, etc. *hand wave*

I don't want to write an essay here, but it's a neat sequence (special effect and score aside).

Oh hey it's Mega Pedo. Did you know that non-primitave cinema requires more than just a director when it comes to production? Of course you didn't because you don't know shit about film, you just screencap arguments made by cultural marxists and pass their opinions off as your own.

I've seen french new wave in the main, pleb. Read kant and get disinterested again.

>Mega Pedo
Who?

>Bresson
>french new wave
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>kuckprick fans

Oops

Uh oh

>in the main

Do you think that f new wave wasn't influenced by Bresson or can't you understand what I was saying? I'll elaborate: Bresson is not new wave. I've seen ye olde new wave, along with about half the top films listed by the Cahiers du cinéma

>the criterion collection
im honestly not suprised

great movie but my favorite hitchcock is north by northwest.
I really don't know why so many people love this movie. I really like fincher movies but i think Seven, The Social Network and especially Zodiac are his better works.

>I've seen ye olde new wave, along with about half the top films listed by the Cahiers du cinéma
Whoops

>DUDE Sup Forums IS A HIVEMIND LMAO
think you should be going back desu