Calm down you autist

calm down you autist.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=89RP0oPEiv0
vice.com/en_us/article/dpwvgw/universalizing-art-the-disaster-artist-and-the-room
twitter.com/AnonBabble

have you even read the book?

But what does /ourguy/ even think of this movie?

YEAH I KNOW RIGHT? SO LE REDDIT LOL LMAO XD

Is it opening in theaters now or what?

>coming soon

It's been done since SXSW but there have been multiple threads tonight. Spiked interest usually means something.

Yeah and I don't want to see it turned into a turn your brain off and laugh at le quips from the DUDE WEED LMAO crew. I wanted a kino starring DDL about the rags to ritches story of Tommy and how he is the strange defintion of the American Dream. Featuring scenes about his life before coming to the US, his living on the street, his odd attempts to perform in theater, his obsession with American cinema, his dinners and road trips with Greg, why he wanted to make the Room, etc.

A patrician drama in essence, not a comedy aimed at the lowest-common denominator of plebs.

It's just a scene adapted from Greg Sestero's book.

Calm down.

Franco's Tommy impersonation is fucking awful. Even though he has the appearance for the role he doesn't try to look or act like Tommy.
>eyes are wide-open instead of half-closed
>instead of sounding like Tommy, he sounds like someone who pretends to sound like Tommy
Not to mention Seth fucking Rogen. It may be too early to tell, but James Franco is going to end being the disaster artist of this film.

This is kind of weird, right? It's hard to explain, but this is the kind of content that would be reserved for a documentary; where someone researches the development hell behind a movie and talks to the actors about it. It isn't a parody of the movie either.

It's a straight up shot at the actual people who made the movie. It feels weird to me. That aside, I don't really like the Franco/Rogan team up movies as a whole. I guess Pineapple Express was funny, but their other stuff bores me.

That actually sounds pretty interesting

I've still never seen "The Room", is it worth watching or is it the LOL SO RANDUMB XD shitshow it looks like?

sestero being shorter than tommy sucks.
tommy was jealous of greg's all american looks and atractiveness, this is a bad casting decision

yeah the trailer came out you fucking dipshit

It's just a really really bad movie that's turned iconic. Definition of 'so bad that it's funny to watch'. Especially if you have friends with a similar sense of humour.

There's nothing random about it. It's not like it's a bunch of non sequiturs. It's a vanity project by a guy who can't direct, write, or act. The reason it's funny is because it's completely sincere. It's not smothered in self-aware snark, that would have been infuriating halfway through, it was meant to be an honest attempt at a movie. Most of the humor comes from almost everything about it being juuuuust off by a little. Except Tommy himself who is so fucking weird that it can't be an act.

>Especially if you have friends

Nigger, I'm posting on Sup Forums.

It's fun to watch alone or with friends, it's just uniquely odd and thus interesting. Also despite it being shit it's become a fairly iconic piece of cinema, even if for the wrong reasons.

To be fair to Tommy, he is a brilliant businessman. How many shitty movies get made and make fuck all money, yet Tommy made a shitty movie and has probably made millions from his initial investment.

Only together with friends while drunk. I watched it with a friend while having a lot of beer and it was fun, though we didnt pause the movie while talking about other shit or having a smoke. The movie isnt good at all but its so bad its good at TIMES but mostly just crap. I wouldnt recommend watching it alone, would probably be boring as hell.

WITH JEWS
YOU LOSE

Yeah, something more along the lines of Ed Wood would have been great. Instead we get this stoner comedy. Though I'm sure they'll have a few cliche attempts at pathos.

>Seth Rogen's in it
What do you expect? It's gonna be another shit movie like The Interview.

Oh for sure he's a good businessman. He financed the entire move, $6 million, on his dime.

How did he make all that money?

He is DB. Cooper

He has a company where he sells premium jeans at a discount price, with that money he bought real estate in San Francisco, and with that money he bought more real estate. Then he made the Room and made even more money off of that.

Honestly guys this looks like it could just be a quirky scene in an actually decent movie, although Franco's directing record isn't great.

Cursory search says entrepreneurship and real estate development in the San Francisco and Los Angeles areas.

And, strangely enough, Tommy said he made part of the money importing leather jackets from Korea.

He worked for an eastern european mafia, was really high up and the leader of their smuggling operations of high end clothing like jeans and jackets. He got hit in the head during a fight and turned really strange, so they let him retire and he moved to America.

>disasterartist.movie
At least they didn't try to call it a film. It might turn out to be a flick, though, and boy will they regret their domain name choice.

This can't be true

It must get old constantly obsessing about what reddit likes and doesn't like. I hope my life never becomes that hollow.

>HURR flick, film, and movie aren't synonyms!

How much of a fucking loser do you have to be to pretend these words mean different things for the sole purpose of claiming that the brainless shit YOU watch is "more highbrow" than the brainless shit other people watch?

>movie made out of a meme
>they're going for the Reddit audience
You don't fucking say

>I hope my life never becomes that hollow.
>he said, posting on Sup Forums

it is actually utterly fucking awful. not even in a so-bad-its-good way,. its literally just shit.

intellectuals have glommed on to it because "hurr durr so smrt"

yet, its still one of those things i think you need to watch once, just so you can form your own opinion on it.

also, it has boobs in it.

also, this trailer looks fucking terrible.

the book sounds kinda interesting, and tommy seems like a cool guy who doesnt afraid of anything.

DUDE MEME MOVIES LMAO
WE WANT THE REDDIT AUDIENCE
ITS CLEVER

This should've been the actor impersonating Wiseau.

youtube.com/watch?v=89RP0oPEiv0

Who the FUCK is this for?

Normal people aren't going to flock to a comedy about The Room and cinephlies that love it will watch these trailers and just nope out and even if they show up they are such a small number this thing will fail.

People who like The Room and The Disaster Artist book and aren't triggered by Franco and Rogen.

Normie cinephiles, what else?

It's like one of those terribly bad movies your mom watches on sunday evenings, but with an non-descript alien taking the role that is usually fit for a failed model or something like that, making everything take the turn of ambiguity and lack of self awareness that makes it so enjoyable. It's like making a dog family film with Klaus Kinski without a hint of irony, it shouldn't be good but it just clicks.

The jean business was through the mob. Tommy made his nut doing shady shit.

He could have made even more from it if he had rented the cameras, instead of buying them.

They're not synonyms newfag. I can't explain it to you, you'll just have to lurk moar.

Terrible. They couldn't even get it right.

You forgot the part were he gets everything he ever wanted but at the cost of being a total laughing stock. That is the most tragic part of this whole thing, Tommy wanted to be a well known actor. He thought he was a brilliant thespian, and when this movie struck as the best bad movie (kicking troll 2 off its throne) it had to hurt a little bit being famous for being a shitty actor.

>intellectuals have glommed on to it because "hurr durr so smrt"
literally no-one has done this

How many people do you think actually paid to see the movie, you nincompoop? He probably made barely anything from The Room. He might have even lost.

On the internet making money = good businessman because no-one has any clue what "good business" actually means. That "good businessman" invested 6 million into a home movie and 99% of the time he would have just lost it and that would be that. You guys are saying that's good? you'd put him in charge of something?

KGB
Tommy's a sleeper agent gone rogue/insane from the brainwashing

I think it made $1200 from its original theatre run, but since becoming a cult movie it has made around 10 million in theatre screenings, DVD sales and merchandise.

Its gonna bomb then..

He's the zodiac killer.

>invested 6 million
Ever considered money laundering?

People are wrong to call it the "worst" movie ever made. That's hyperbole.
It's possibly the most entertaining comedy that was never meant to be a comedy ever made.

i doubt tommy has the self awareness to understand that its known for being so bad.

theres certainly parts of his brain that seem to be asleep

You mean it's not gonna be like that?

tommy's last words on it were to the effect he always intended it to be a comedy

Because he's trying to save face. It was not meant to be a comedy.

>XD HE CAN'T REMEMBER LE LINE ROFL HE IS SO WACKY LMFAOOOOOOOOO

If you understand the humor doesn't mean it's bad

>Not to mention Seth fucking Rogen

I dislike a movie immediately when I see he's involved.

you really think he has the self-awareness to think he needs to save face?

Have you heard about Jack The Ripper?

James Franco wrote an article four years ago about The Room. I guess he sees the book and the movie as something more than a funny meme.

vice.com/en_us/article/dpwvgw/universalizing-art-the-disaster-artist-and-the-room

neat, paul scheer is in this

This is pure shit, and mean on top of that.
If you're going to bully someone at least make it funny.

Anyone not excited for this movie is a cuck who hasn't even read/listened to the disaster artist.

The issue with this, is that he isn't fully delving into being the bad actor of Tommy. He is going for a flat actor, Tommy's out of place range is one of the things that made the room. Franco isn't capturing that.

i'm not really excited for it because its franco. it's never going to be as funny as the book.

>listened

only a cuck would use an audiobook

james franco is a worse director than tommy wiseau

>James Franco and Seth Rogen
100% chances of it sucking.

The funniest part of 'The Room' was Tommy's accent.

The way Franco phones in everything he does really is enraging. I thought this of all projects was going to be the one where he tries some Peter Sellers type shit - even if it failed miserably I thought he'd at least swing for the fences on it and go all out.

But he's just doing a bland dress up game and talking normally?

Fucking Franco, man. This guy...

>they're making this movie bad on purpose

The Room succeeds because Tommy was really trying to make a good movie and failed spectacularly.

Actively trying to make a bad movie almost never works.

>Anyone not excited for this movie is a cuck

go home, pleddit.

Old Vampire trick

wow it would surprise me if franco had even seen the film or read the book

Franco adapts every book he reads into a movie.

part of me never wants to know.

UHuhuhuahuhauuhuh, sick funny trailer brah

What if Tommy SMOKED WEED LMAO?

Tommy had more expression this this guy.

Even Greg Sestero better impersonates Tommy than Franco.