Even a clock is right twice a day. The hack has finally made something good

Even a clock is right twice a day. The hack has finally made something good.

Your second sentence contradicts the first.

Do you even into clocks?

I'm confused. You call him a hack but your seem to be using a metacritic score as a baseline for his/the films quality.

But one look at his other films on metacritic reveals the last time he made a "bad" movie was 1999

Nolan is a working clock

All those movies are bad.

>Not understanding clocks

I don't think anyone's ever doubted that Nolan's one of the better filmmakers working at the moments. His issues are usually to do with writing and it seems like working on a simple story like this gave him room to focus on the important things.

Your taste is objectively shit then.

What would you call a good movie?

so is this movie only good because of it's white cast? Will we see more all white casts now? Did Nolan stick it to the diversity police?

You need a new clock

There are minorities in the movie but they are kept to a minority.

Poor little white boy 2: Electric Cuckaloo

that clock dead

Stop following review aggregate sites and think for yourself.
>the dilapidated shantytown of Sup Forums

I liked interstellar. As well as Memento.
Dark knight and inception are overrated pile of garbage.

I'm not surprised that Dankino turned out to be good desu.
I'm also thrilled that /tv cucks got BTFO'd really hard.

Dark Knight and Inception are great movies tho

SLAM

D
U
N
K
I
N
O

>think for yourself
How am I supposed to do that without paying the jews to watch the movie in the first place?

his shit movies are always critically lauded, what the fuck are you talking about?

I can't understand it. For a guy who prefers to avoid sequels, prequels and reboots why the fuck does he keep using the same damn actors in every single movie.

Jessica Chastain
Christian bale
killian murphy
Michael cane
Gordon-levvit
and of course
Tom Hardy

A lot of directors do this.

Based on him fucking up the 20 second teaser (20 seconds out of a 90 minute film - shouldn't be hard to find some good footage, yet...) and the opening sequence that leaked shortly after; this film looks absolutely dreadful.
The dialogue that was there was among Nolan's worst, sounding forced, overly full of exposition and badly delivered. There was no tension, but he added a ticking clock in the background as if that by itself makes tension (it doesn't). Tom Hardy had another ridiculous voice again as well as literally wearing a mask again.

On top of that, he used cardboard cutouts for extras because the budget was so relatively low that he couldn't afford more than a few hundred and wanted to avoid cgi; he cast Harry Styles as one of the lead characters as if it won't be jarring as fuck to see a boy-band singer trying to act serious in a war drama (and one whom we've never even seen act - if he's doing a good job then it says a lot about the content of the film and the range of the characters); and it's about an event that no one wants to celebrate wherein British forces got BTFO and the Nazis decided not to slaughter everyone for reasons that historians still argue about. I can't imagine Nolan having some profound insight that professional academics have somehow missed.

Critics are fucking dogshit and only shills and trolls will dispute this. So until I see it with my own eyes, this film sounds like an unmitigated disaster

>For a guy who prefers to avoid sequels, prequels and reboots
He made a capeshit trilogy. Reconsider your idea of him

>because he's never acts before if he acts well then the movie is bad

Is this the new Sup Forums way of hating something no matter what?

>The dialogue that was there was among Nolan's worst, sounding forced, overly full of exposition and badly delivered
Most of the dialogue is in the trailer and the rest of the movie is almost completely dialogue free except for the technical terms.

>On top of that, he used cardboard cutouts for extras because the budget was so relatively low that he couldn't afford more than a few hundred
There are 1300 extras in a single scene and thousands of extras in the whole film. The distant cardboard cutouts are used for giving scale to everyone on set and for perspective for CG renderers to composite the soldiers afterwards. Thinking that a movie that has actual vintage Stukas being blown up along with IMAX cameras being strapped onto it and 62 actual war ships and boats on set has no money for extras is ridiculous. And to get actual 400 thousand extras for a movie in todays age would be a completely fucking retarded move.

>and it's about an event that no one wants to celebrate wherein British forces got BTFO and the Nazis decided not to slaughter everyone
So you just want the usual "lets kill all the nazis so heroic so victorious" ww2 shootout?

>I can't imagine Nolan having some profound insight that professional academics have somehow missed.
The fact that you think the movie has to have "some profound insight" shows how much of a first class pleb you are. It's a film that tries to portray the fear of the defenseless brits trying to get to fuck out of that beach by any means, not some wannabe "2deep4u" point or message.

like clock work its only right twice a day

> Jessica Chastain
She was only in Interstellar.

Nolan has never made a bad movie. His worst movie is Rises and even that's a solid 7.5/10 mediocre flick

This nigga went to logic class

A WW2 film is obviously gonna have lots of our people he's just being accurate

Going to see an advanced screening of this today. Can't wait.

Inception is a fucking joke user. Its got hardly anything going for it than cool effects. I mean just watch it again and just think about how little of the dialog is anything other than exposition.

It has great action set pieces, cinematography, soundtrack, sound editing, visual and practical effects.
Yes the dialogue is absolute shit exposition, but bad dialogue and characters don't make a movie automatically "bad".