Did people actually like this when it came out? It's complete fucking shit

Did people actually like this when it came out? It's complete fucking shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jM7Eou4bV-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=zlwaUJzGqns
youtube.com/watch?v=UDSfJaVC0KY
youtube.com/watch?v=9LglzW3HFyg
youtube.com/watch?v=K_a1_SO8hu0
youtube.com/watch?v=aBpwrORhKWU&t
youtube.com/watch?v=Xt0Fv0W-CSo
youtube.com/watch?v=hHKUBg_c9no
youtube.com/watch?v=TvoWGxM8TU8
youtube.com/watch?v=kb4jEHmH_kU
youtube.com/watch?v=R0bGtake1Bc&t
youtube.com/watch?v=z9-fhQvYMwo
youtube.com/watch?v=AjlfKpejJOU
youtube.com/watch?v=Q25kZROI5aY&t
youtube.com/watch?v=KcUIOVjT_Q0
youtu.be/9YovqTucrrA?t=4m5s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Way better than the interchangeable capeshit of today.

it was great lmao...also love how it aged

I haven't seen Homecoming. It looks babyish. Like a elementary school-Disney channel made for tv movie. I see everyone online look fondly over Raimis trilogy like everyone looks fondly over the OG Star wars trilogy, I don't get it. The movies are completely corny, bad acting, boring moments, cringy acting in parts, embarrassing scenes like MJ and Peter standing in their backyards having an awkward embarrassing "moment". The action scenes are laughably bad, like a power rangers tv show. This shit is BAD.

Yes, 18 year old. Everyone was talking about it. It was a big deal, like the 78 Superman movie and the 89 Batman movie. It was not only the first Spiderman movie to take it at all seriously and tell a real story, but it was THE first Spiderman movie, and it holds up today. You'll understand when you're older.

>guaranteed replies

It was far better than Spiderman 2, Green goblin was interesting since he was clearly a normal man but getting mentally ill and losing control of his own actions.

I couldn't feel bad for dr tentacles, he was jsut an idiot.

>the majority of movies before spider-man were ever corny or cringy to some degree
You need to be at least 18 to post here

What you're saying is you saw movies like the dark knight and man of steel and are now under the impression that anything that takes itself less seriously than those movies is "completely corny." God forbid a movie have a funny moment or not be grim and serious for 5 seconds. Yeah, you'll understand when you're older. A lot of us go through that "I'm 14 now and I only like serious stuff!" phase.

>idiot
>designed all that scientific equipment, including the robotic arms with advanced AI, AND an inhibitor device to keep them from controlling him

Wow, he made one tiny mistake that fucked everything up. What an idiot. Forget about all that other shit he did. All that matters is that mistake, a factor common to all humans. I guess all humans are idiots.

i was a kid when it was came out I genuinely thought it was great.

But now I think:
-Toby's portrayal is shit
-corny peter & boring ass spidey
-half of its jokes were unfunny and lame
-mj is so fucking annoying damsel in distress bitch
-I so much prefer emma's gwen
-I still like wilem's portrayal execpt his shitty costume
-i still like raimi's direction. it's much better than webb's
Before: 11/10
Now: 6/10

>a woman gets cornered by a gang of men, realistically women and even a single man wont stand a chance

>actual element of danger makes her damsel

ok mate, go watch your fantasy land womyn fighting a gang of men

YOU FUCKING STUPID FUCKING CUNT AND I BET YOURE WHITE

What's wrong with Tobey's Portrayal?

I hated the movie, the spiderman actor and the average looking mary jane

I liked Dafoe in this as a kid

If you need a example of what killed Usenet, look n further, these plebs are the eternal summer of Sup Forums and Sup Forums as a whole

Yeah, and I still like it. It's intentionally and charmingly campy keeping in tone with the comics Raimi was inspired by, and a great adaptation of the Lee-Ditko era of the comics. Spider-Man's origin, his guilt, his money problems, his relationship with Aunt May, his everyday struggles with balancing Peter with Spider-Man and the sacrifices he makes because he feels responsible, and EVERYTHING involving the Bugle was all totally on point. It tooks a few liberties with some of the character and their traits sure, but always remained true to the spirit of the comics. Hell, it nailed this shit so well that the next two adaptations didn't even bother to touch any of that stuff and just tried to dance around the elements that make Spider-Man so great.

SM1/2 are some of the best comic adaptations imo, and more comic accurate to the source material than people give them credit for.

I still don't get how the arms were controlling him, why did he give them AI? Why did he give them evil AI? Why did he know that was bad but instead of replacing their AI he made an easily breakable LED to keep them in check?
If the film didn't say anything I would've assumed he was just going crazy by himself but he makes a point of his arms being able to control him.

Most women can't look this hot in a wet top.

>easily breakable

It was broken by a flare from the miniature sun he created.

you cant see her nipples in 320i filmed with a shaky handcam and watched on a casette tape on a busted crt tv

what

The first Spiderman is probably the best capeshit ever made. Fuck yourself faggot

Spiderman happened after 9/11. People needed an escape about the good guys beating the bad.

I liked it but I was only 9 at the time.

>you will never appreciate the ultimate comfiness of raimi's trilogy
>girl next door
>"SHAZAM"
>prime franco as your rich best friend
>making your old bully beat himself up
>upside down kiss with wet dunst
>chillen between the twin towers

that's just the first movie, i can't even begin to describe the comfy in 3 when peter's landlord's daughter brings him cookies oh my lord that gets me comfy

you do know that was done on purpose, right?

do you even into comics, bruh?

These little scenes like the weirdly qt russian cakefu are what is lacking in the remakes.

that's the only good thing about this character. other than that she's a shitty character. her role damsel in distress was overused.

>tfw watching Hung and a wild Mageina Tovah nude scene comes up

Fuck you, she had a good character arc. Just because it wasn't muh action muh ass-kicking doesn't mean it wasn't there and that it wasn't good.

Also, the first spiderman showed NYC as a character. I saw it as kinda dirty, a bit down on it's luck,but one who stood up for it's heroes.

Homecoming looked more like L.A.

>A film filmed in 2000 and 2001 shows NYC as a harsh, gritty place that deep down, has a heart of gold beneath all the trash and ugliness, with a core humanity that outshines its grimy exterior
>A film filmed in 2016 and 2017 shows NYC as a soulless, flawlessly gleaming consumerist paradise, like LA on steroids with more skyscrapers and less crime

wow, really causes one's almonds to activate, doesn't it...

She is one of Peter's motivations.

i ended up getting irritated by her constant screaming instead of feeling sorry for her when she's getting kidnapped lol.

gwen's so much better. she didn't need to be an ass kicking character but at least she's smart enough to help peter. love her or not, at least she wasn't as annoying as mj.

of course

nobody checked your quints?!?

Am I still on Sup Forums?

checked and verified!

Gwen in TASM is a moron. She follows Peter to the power station at the end of TASM 2 even though it's clear how dangerous the situation is because IT'S MY LIFE PETER AND I MAKE MY OWN DECISIONS, then she pays for that stupidity with her life. MJ doesn't run headfirst into danger. She keeps getting kidnapped because she has a connection to Peter/Spiderman, which is the entire point of the story in those movies. Peter wants desperately to be with her but can't for obvious reasons, and it's proven time and time again even though he isn't in a relationship with her.

And you mother is a complete fucking whore yet here you are.

It's the perfect mix of goofy cartoon shit mixed with action and some actual emotions.

Helping =/=good
MJ is not a superhero or a sidekick. Gwen isn't supposed to be either. Raimi made a point of showing the people in Pete's life as representation of the people he helped in NY by being Spidey. Pete is doing it alone, like the comics character had been doing in the comics at the time (his Avengers status came later, he was always the lone hero who made his own tech and research/investigations with an occasional team-up here and there).

MJ had the same kind of arc as pete, but set in the real world. She had to find herself, as did Pete, before they became trully compatible as lovers.

>those satan digits
Jeeeeeeeeeeesus

Not disagreeing with you but he exists because of his mother being a whore, not despite it.

Wrong. She's an anal whore.

So... she likes to take it in her brown spider?

youtube.com/watch?v=jM7Eou4bV-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=zlwaUJzGqns
youtube.com/watch?v=UDSfJaVC0KY
youtube.com/watch?v=9LglzW3HFyg
youtube.com/watch?v=K_a1_SO8hu0
youtube.com/watch?v=aBpwrORhKWU&t
youtube.com/watch?v=Xt0Fv0W-CSo
youtube.com/watch?v=hHKUBg_c9no
youtube.com/watch?v=TvoWGxM8TU8
youtube.com/watch?v=kb4jEHmH_kU
youtube.com/watch?v=R0bGtake1Bc&t
youtube.com/watch?v=z9-fhQvYMwo
youtube.com/watch?v=AjlfKpejJOU
youtube.com/watch?v=Q25kZROI5aY&t

youtube.com/watch?v=KcUIOVjT_Q0

Yes and yeas. I agree its shit but people really fucking love spiderman and were able to look past the shit. It had some good moments like the upside down kiss and JJ Jamseon but honestly I'm just glad it gave us spiderman 2 the #2 greatest superhero movie of all time

she isn't moron. unlike mj, she wasn't useless and didn't die for nothing. without her help, peter might have died. so i say, helping is good in this one.

>she pays for that stupidity with her life
i don't care. actually, it's good that she died because she's too good for peter.

>muh women can only exist in movies as ass kicking "grrrrrls" now.
Fucking off yourself.

was she?

No.

To your whole post.

Useless? This isn't a video game. The people in Pete's life aren't just there to provide support for him. It's a superhero about responsabilities. He's the one taking care of his Aunt (as Pete) and friends (as Spidey).

You missed the point of the character.

How do you define useless? MJ was Peter's friend. She didn't have to "help" him do anything. She had her own life (just like TASM Gwen except she didn't have to point it out in such a bitchy way) and lived it. Where do you get this idea that MJ was somehow required to insert herself into his activities and aid him?

MJ=Actual Character
ASM Gwen=Plot Point Unlocker

Prove me wrong.

Classic nips.

Even God damn Juzz Suckmenn understands this

youtu.be/9YovqTucrrA?t=4m5s