Dear White People

So I don't get it, why did this scene erupt into such a big argument?

youtube.com/watch?v=XSyVLIIkfIs

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/news/national/minn-shot-woman-call-previously-celebrated-article-1.3334772
youtu.be/FvtGatjj2fA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hmm?

lmao is this really what america is like?

Yeah actually.

But you guys let it happen, no one to blame but yourselves.

go away nasty cockslut

>"FUCK THESE DAMN PIG COPS YOU'RE ALL GONNA BURN"
>"whoa what le fug why is the cop getting hostile I din du nuffin"

Right

Black fragility.

Seems more like white fragility to me.
>I'm not calling you racist. I'm just asking you to stop using that word because it bothers me.
>white guy gets offended and keeps pushing the matter even though Reggie stated his point clearly
>other white guy joins in and starts dropping racist stereotypes

How can any person look at this exchange and claim that the blacks were in the wrong?

Because he wasn't using it in an offensive way just singing a song and some grown ass man decides he's offended by it. then of course it goes back to slavery and playing the victim card as usual.

>not showing a student id card despite being told he was a student by another fellow student is a valid reason to pull out a gun on an unarmed man in a densely filled room of people
Wew lad

Because of the niggers

HE SAID THE MAGIC WORD, DONT SAY THE MAGIC WORD, HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED MIGHT APPEAR YOUNG HARRY

>white

That word bothers me. Imma need you to not use that word, ok? Thanks..

Clickbait.

You can consider him immature for getting offended by it but when someone is offended the decent, polite thing to do is to stop doing the thing that's offending them. Instead of getting offended yourself and starting an argument.

Reggie was wrong in being offended by his white friend only saying nigga due to the lyrics in a song even though he doesn't use nigga in any other context, but his white friend's other white friend's were the one's that escalted it to a "wahh pc culture I wanna say nigger when ever" both Reggie and them are to blame for the argument to escalate

What the fuck? You can't say nigga if you're white? Nigger I get, but nigga?

>everyone then got mad at the boyfriend for calling the cops
>as if what happened was his fault
That's the real bullshit bit.

I'm offended by the fact that you're breathing, now do please be polite and stop.

sad

Now that is assault and I reserve the right to beat the shit out of you in self-defense.

>taking anyones word

>scenes only americans will understand

yes the friend who came over and started using stereotypes is wrong.
however the way they react to him means this isn't the first time this has happened. which probably means the black group are constantly getting offended and playing the victims which will piss people off.

To be fair, "he's totally supposed to be in here bro" is not the best argument. One of my biggest headaches waiting tables for my summers, especially when I moved into bars.

So many people who aren't supposed to be there sneak in and get so belligerent when they're asked to prove they can drink legally. Then their friends join in "Oh come on she's 21 we all got in the door" etc.

I can see how a crowded room full of charged up people could be scary.

They pretty much were. That Kenyan guy was constantly taking the piss out of them for it.

Keep in mind that tensions are high after white people on campus literally did a fucking blackface party.

All right then, let me give you a better example. The Spanish word for the color of black is "negro"

Now, black people are offended when ever they hear or see this word. According to you, the polite thing to do is to stop using this word.

So according to your logic, both spanish people in Europe, and latino people in Mexico, can no longer speak their own fucking language. Just because it offends someone.

Do you now see how retarded you are?

I don't give a shit if you or anyone else is offended by the words that come out of my mouth. Be it negro when I am describing the color of an object, or nigga while singing music. You do not have the right to police what other people are or are not allowed to speak.

That's actually brought up quite a few times in the series like when Sam recieved critiscm that she wasn't trying to unite the black and white students but rather attack all of them for the treatment of the black students and she just disregards it because the guy "sounded white". But the thing is, the white guy's who're getting offended at the party were previously upset about them complaining about the black face party and calling the cops on them which really isn't something they have a right to play "victim" to and have a hard time admitting they are just plain racist at times and keep using the blacks as being over sensitive about non-issues.

>literally everyone has a polarizing opinion about repeating what's in the song, exactly along racial lines
>white guy can't drop it
>literally tons of rap songs say "honky" and "cracker"
>black guy can't simmer down from the argument/scuffle once cops become involved
>black guy can't follow simple order cop
>cop literally pulls a gun to escalate the situation as much as possible
>people standing directly behind black guy while gun is drawn don't step to the step so they aren't potentially in the bullet path

imagine being in a party and some nigga call you a racist just because, I will put this nigga down in 5 seconds

>this is still somehow a valid reason to pull a gun out on a defenseless person in a crowded room

>tfw you're not as autistic as a typical fictional American college student
thank Christ

I've never heard of black people getting offended over Spanish people saying negro.

The Spanish word negro is a different word from the English word negro. That's what you need to know.

>even though Reggie stated his point clearly

That doesn't make his point valid

holy fuck this is brilliant

"interracial" friends sing along to a song where they say nigga and suddenly POLICE BE SHOOTING ALL BLACK FOLKS OVER HERE

Yes, it is. If they won't respect authority, they shouldn't be suprised when authority retaliates.

A. they dont pronouce it the same faggot
B. its used in a specific context
C. thats false equlivency

Stop acting like the faggot in the video, getting super defense at the slightest drop of a hat out of fear of being called racist, just accept that maybe saying it is impolite when somebody asks you not to and leave it at that.

Its ok to just let somthing go.

The vilification of police is incredibly in this scene. Anyone with a brain will defend the white guy, he's clearly a good person, and so I was fine with the scene, until the cop arrives and for no reason the scene turns into BLM propaganda.

Both were in the wrong for their own reason, ie Reggie starting the fire and white guys friends for adding fuel to the fire, but Reggies complaints being don't use a word that has a deep histoy in meaning when used by the wrong people while invalid in the situation he was offended by is still more valid then joining in an argument for wanting to use a word for the sake of it and being upset that people are upset

Nigga isn't pronounced the same as nigger.
Nigga is being used in a specific context.

nydailynews.com/news/national/minn-shot-woman-call-previously-celebrated-article-1.3334772
So even a black cop shooting a defensless white woman is not to blame because she wasn't respecting authority?

>Show me your ID!
In a white boy's house, pointing a gun... This movie is liberal trash.

>How can any person look at this exchange and claim that the blacks were in the wrong?

Because the entire thing reeks of being over-sensitive and looking to bully someone. He's at the white guy's private property, if he doesn't like it then he should fucking leave.

By the sounds of it he turns up to parties, uninvited, and causes shit though.

Literally the whole problem just being caused by Reggie repeatedly being a thin-skin bitch ass nigger

Everybody knows America is a police state. You do what they tell you to do, unarmed or not, or you get shot. No matter your skin color.

Do americlaps not feel emberassment?
If somebody specifically asked me not to do somthing because they found it not only impolite but offensive most people would stop it no? Not get into a heated debate about why they should be able to keep doing it.

Are burgers more autistic than the finn's?

Obviously what you're saying is logically sound but the fact is this doesn't actually actually happen because this show is Marxist propaganda

>He's at the white guy's private property
It's literally a college dorm or whatever they're called. Does not belong to him.

Scene just shows how pussy the "revolutionaries" are. The Black Panthers would've never let a pig do that

nigga and nigger to a black dude is the same shade of shit you shouldnt say mate.
Its not a difficult subject to understand, you allready censor your words its nothing new.
Or do you also call people dirty jew's, spics, chinks, fags and sandcoons?

So, someone comes to your house, drinks your alcohol, has a nice time, and then tells you to stop doing X? Anybody would tell him to fuck off, American or not.

Also, his request is completely unreasonable. He's not offended by the word nigga, he's offended that a white guy is using it. It's literally a racist demand.

>black people don't like that word
>keep repeating it in rap songs
>fuck da police, fuck bitches, deal drugs, rat-ta-tat is okay
It's puzzling.

AYO FUCK THEES PIGS MANG FUCK WHITEY DEVIL AYO DONT SAY A WORD ITS EVIL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nigga is the exact same as Nigger. Southerners don't pronounce the -er at the end of their words, it comes out as an -a sound.

>literally

Since when you can't say nigga?

youtu.be/FvtGatjj2fA

People who react like this are just pusies, be grateful because you never worked in some place with other 20 men, you can't handle the banter there

See: If black people said 'nigga' and 'nigger' were all off-limits, nobody would have a problem with it. But they continue to use them fucking constantly, and then bitch when others do it too.

>nigga and nigger to a black dude is the same shade of shit you shouldnt say mate.
It clearly isn't or they wouldn't get selectively butthurt over it.
>Okay you can say word...
>NOT YOU THOUGH!

>Its not a difficult subject to understand, you allready censor your words its nothing new.
and we're sick of it
>do you also call people dirty jew's, spics, chinks, fags and sandcoons?
false equivalence

If its a word that obviously has racial connotations and I can get along just fine without saying, then yes. Only an autist faggot would sit their and argue over it

The point is they were all wrong.

Whitey is wrong for making a big deal about it and insisting that he was being called a racist.
Blackie was wrong for not listening to the police and calling them pigs and making a big deal about it.
Pigs were wrong for pulling out their guns.

HOWEVER, when alt-righters watch it, they think this scene was meant to show how right black people are, thus feel threatened.

hey dude I really don't like you saying that white word dude thats not cool dude please stop dude

Top 3 most shilled things on Sup Forums:
1. blacked
2. dear white people
3. get out

really makes you think huh?

>Its not a difficult subject to understand

No-one's claiming it is, they're claiming it's wrong. Say you're talking to your friend, banting around, and he calls you a cunt, just casually, like "You're some jammy cunt m8". If you're a normal person you're not going to turn around in a fury and demand an apology. On the other hand, if you're having a fight with your friend, and he very angrily spits the word cunt at you, you're going to be pissed. What's the difference? Context, the basis of language. In the first scenario he's not trying to injure you, in the second he is, that's what makes it offensive. Throwing out "nigger" in the middle of a song should be offensive to nobody unless it's a song about demeaning niggers.

Why the fuck they feel the need to make a tv show about this
You cant even say shit without people begin offended
You cant even joke anymore
Like that vietnam movie when that guy said all fucking niggers must fucking hang can you imagine what would happen if that was said on todays television

Who cares?
Not everyone that says nigga is from the South. Clearly there is a difference or Blacks from Brooklyn would call each niggers and not niggas.

Didn't you get the diversity is our greatest strength pamphlet?

1. Blacks can't be racist because racism means systematic oppression by white people. So blacks can say nigger and massa without any racial connotation or attempt to bait/provoke a reaction.

2. The black experience is as valid as any other, so when a black person takes offense for any reason he or she takes offense validly, and the one causing the offense has to stop.

3. Causing offense, even unintentionally, is violence, and violence leads to more violence (security storming a party and drawing a gun related).

Nigga is a basterdization of Nigger which black people started using to fight back the use of the slur in a "muh secret club" kinda deal, white people using it defeats the purpose of it, Reggie being offended by the contest his white friend used it in wasn't justifiable but it's understanding why black people would be offended by white people using the word

Only a bitch would kowtow to somebody like that. He doesn't give a fuck about saying nigga, he says it himself more than once. He just doesn't like that a white person is the one using it, which is bullshit.

nah the black people would be too busy stealing the guys shit at the party to care about him saying nigga

>1. blacked
It's called "black-ish" idiot.

No, there is no difference. It still only refers to a black person. It's not a term of endearment. Black people went from calling each other brother to nigger. Sad!

>go straight to slavery apropos of nothing
>call someone racist for saying you always go straight to slavery

seems you thought you were posting on reddit, unfortunately that's not the case this is actually Sup Forums

>being this offended over other people being offended for understandable reasons

Yeah, and only an American would pick such a stupid hill to die on. There is literally no point to getting confrontational about it, white guy should have just dropped it and moved on.

Why do you assume the show is trying to impart a specific message instead of just these specific characters and their interactions. This white man doesn't represent all white people. The black man doesn't represent all black people. The cop doesn't represent all cops.

Burgers actually proving they have autism, what a time to be alive.

Imagine you're at a freinds party and he starts babelling some shit about wanting to rape your sister and that Drive wasnt even that good.
Like its inocious enough but you'd prefer them to stop so you ask them politely not to do it.

They get but-flustered and ask why repeatedly, making a scene.
They keep saying it was a joke, and you get it but you say you'd rather they didnt and they get more and more mad and defensive.

This is probably a little too nuanced for you, but listen. If a black person calls another black person a nigga or hell, even a nigger, their is no ambiguity of "Is he a racist" You know he isn't. But with a white person there is. You might not know this but nigger was and still is only used to refer to black people in a derogatory manner. Blacks don't do themselves any favor in using it

>It still only refers to a black person.
It doesn't actually, blacks use it reference to non-blacks all the time.
>Black people went from calling each other brother to nigger. Sad!
I agree, but if they don't want people to call them the word they should stop using the word.

It's the character's house.

but I'm not offended, I'm just making a point, have you ever worked in a place with so many dudes? you have banter for 8 hours, you can't act like a whiny bitch because it's even worse

Me and my friend were listening to R Kelly in the car, and he was singing along and said nigga about a dozen times in a single verse. We're both white. It felt pretty uncomfortable.

Words are changing all the time and our language never stops growing. It doesn't matter how these words started, what matters is how they're used currently.

Nigga has pretty much lost all meaning. Blacks should feel good about that fact, they managed to destroy a major racial slur. So why backpedal and pretend it's this greater slavery thing when it hasn't been for years?

They have a right to be offended, but the reasons why are stupid. Words are only racist and offensive when they're representing the racist and offensive intentions of the speaker.

The white guy in this scene unironically did nothing wrong.

Also, this scene is incredibly unrealistic for a wide variety of reason.

First being that actual everyday normal black people do not give a fuck about people saying nigga, especially repeating song lyrics at a party.

Also, a cop would never, EVER pull a gun in that situation.

The nigger picked the hill and is clearly willing to die on it, why should the white guy give it up?
We're sick of giving up hills to niggers.

>It doesn't actually, blacks use it reference to non-blacks all the time.
That means jack shit. We all know what it means. You can sit here and pretend that a couple misguided blacks calling some wigger nigga changes it's meaning, but it doesn't.

>nu male white guy trying to get in on that bl;ack girl at 5:07

what a shitshow

and gays can call eachother faggots but get uppity when you say it.
Who
Would
Have
Though
reallymakesmethink.jpg

>First being that actual everyday normal black people do not give a fuck about people saying nigga, especially repeating song lyrics at a party.
Most do, but see no point in saying anything because whites love to be offended when people mention anything about the n word.
>Also, a cop would never, EVER pull a gun in that situation.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ARE YOU SERIOUS?

And you wonder why they hate you. You really think you haven't done enough shit to the black race, you need to argue for your right to say "nigga" on top of that?

>But with a white person there is

The white guy was singing a song, written by black people, because he enjoys it so much. I don't think there's any ambiguity of racism on his part. If anything, the black people trying to segregate language along racial lines have very questionable beliefs.

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Of course he is, he's right

>But with a white person there is.
There's ambiguity whether a person is racist no matter what word he uses. Hence how the black "community" got butthurt over the use of the word "thug" in reference to black criminals.

Maybe they deserve that hill buddy, could you conceive that fact that you might be wrong on this one thing that everybody else things is hyperautistic to defend in a social setting?

Its like that one guy defending Hitler after a few beers at a party and everybody is awkward and uncomfortable until some dude takes him aside for a bit.

You're on an anime image board trying to seem quirky to a bunch of americans by repeatedly claiming you're a top banter lads!lads!lads! man while simultaneously not being able to comprehend people have good reasons to be offended by your actions while in turn being offended as a result with nothing better to say other than"nu-uh b-banter!" Either you just have shit banter or you're hardly the lad character you're trying to build yourself up as to a bunch of internet strangers

That's why I said it's a little too nuanced for you.

>You know he isn't

How?