Any other good recent horror movies like this? The first half of the movie was great...

Any other good recent horror movies like this? The first half of the movie was great. It took away from the suspense when corpses started to physically attack them.

Yeah the premise was great but they ran out of steam pretty quick. Shame.

I found A Dark Song to be pretty decent. Character driven occult-horror. It's a small movie but it shines in certain places.

The acting was pretty good, too. They should have left some things to imagination. The Japs know how to do it, but they don't have the good acting and budget.

I saw it recommended here before, but it seemed kinda cheap. But I will give it a try.

it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to but the actual ending scene was weirdly good. Fairly enjoyable film tbf.

3rd for a dark song really what your looking for suspense and mystery. It gets memed on a lot but you'd probably like Get Out too. 3 solid mystery / thriller movies in the horror genre

Is that pit hair?

I will make sure to watch it tonight then.

> It gets memed on a lot but you'd probably like Get Out too
I downloaded a long time ago, but Sup Forums kinda ruined it for me. Also I was spoiled that that her parents didn't hate him for his race. Does that take away too much from the suspense?

bump

This was another recent horror movie that I liked. It's more of a thriller I guess, but still good.

Check out Last Shift. It's a fun little low key horror film about a woman spending a night in a possibly haunted police station. Great atmosphere, some good spooky imagery, makes great use of intentionally disorienting set design, and does a good job of not falling apart in the 3rd act. It reminds me a lot of the Shining, in that it's a movie about a person slowly going insane after hanging out alone in a creepy place.

Not nearly as good as the Shining, but still very much worth a watch.

The only minor complaint I can see people having is her not immediately leaving when shit started hitting the fan. Didn't bug me though, as I chalked it up to the spirits in the police station fucking with her head.

Seen it. It was a fun watch. Much better than that crappy poster makes it seem.

>dat turkey baster scene

Scarred me for life

It was pretty fucked up.

What I don't understan is he kidnapped the girl that killed his daughter. Shouldn't he be the first suspect? Why didn't the police search his house?

It's funny how some scream nothing was explained while others scream just as loud too much was explained.

Says to me they did it just right.

I'm not screaming. It's not about explanations. The explanations were enough. Showing too much is different.

>blind man who seemingly cant pull of army shit anymore
>a legit suspect

cops in horror movies dont act like cops in action movies unfortunately

I mean, I don't know. If my daughter went missing, and there's no ransom request, I would think about our enemies. Who would ant my daughter dead? Definitely not the father of the girls she killed. Even if he was blind, someone would check just in case imo. Maybe she was a huge cunt and everyone hated her so there was a long list of suspects.

But yeah real cops vs fictional cops.

Gonna check this out since I've seen everything else in this thread. Thanks

I'm not even really sure that's a spoiler.

Green Room was another nice thriller. Not supernatural like Jane Doe, more like Don't Breathe.

I don't know why but I was left slightly disappointed by it. Blue Ruin was great. This was just ok. They underused Patrick Stewart

The slow buildup and reveal of who/what she really was was pretty great, and a nice little 'oh shit' sorta moment.
But after that, yea. It was a little disappointing.
I don't know how I would've made the ending any better, but what we got felt a little.. blah.