What's so good about this?

what's so good about this?

just finished watching s1 and i don't get the hype it has (had?)
the story is a joke
characters are insufferable
makeup effects are fake af
jokes aren't funny
and the whole thing is kinda tasteless/ostentatious

meh

Second and fourth seasons are the pull, the rest is mainly garbage with unintentionally hilarious moments.

It gets good then it just shits the bed after a few seasons.
When you think it couldn't get any worse there'd the finale.

People who enjoyed it were 13 year old boys who had never experienced a story with a serial killer as the protagonist before, so to them it's some edgy, dark, brilliant concept, they latch onto it like flies on shit. It's the most cringeworthy show I've ever seen, every time Dexter does an inner monologue about his "dark inner passenger" I want to punch my television, it's Fedora: The Show.

It's a shit show which people who have not been exposed to serial killer stories love because to them it's a foreign, unique concept.

The best season is up ahead.

it goes far, far, far beyond shitting the bed user.

it goes full on shitting street blocking the ganges

It's what I implied.
I guess I didn't explain it that well.

I feel the same way about this show. There's no reason to watch it past a couple episodes

It's only got like 3 good seasons where the plot isn't a total clusterfuck.

1,2 and whatever season John lithgow was in are probably the only good parts of the show. The ending is absolutely laughable. You kinda get drawn in just to see how shitty it becomes

I wanted to punch the tv when Brian and doakes were written off. I WANTED MY FUCKING ROBO DOAKES

you just really understated the level of shit it goes to after the based trinity, and the godawful ending.

i wanted teh pirate cannibals, and soopy ghosts and demons from the books. and the kids being serial killers too.

You sound really, really insecure about something, like every simp who uses the word fedora. Go back to your padded cell retard.

>bootyblasted 13 year old boy who "related" to dexter and tried to emulate him now realizing because of my post he was a cringeworthy faggot

>b-b-but dexter is just 2deep4u!!!

It's really comfy. Even though the later seasons are shit, they're still comfy.

1 > 3 >= 2 > 4 > 7 > 6 >= 5 >>> 8

I'm nearing the end of S8. It's terrible, really terrible.

It made me kek even deep into its run, both intentionally and unintentionally.

1st season is meh, just decent
2nd season is pretty good
3rd season is just bland
4th season a best
5th season is kinda like 3rd season
6th season is shit
7th season is shittier
8th season is the mother of feces, it all falls apart

This exactly. It was getting shittier and shittier but I couldn't stop watching.

Well, almost stopped with the last season but didn't.

Back when it first came out (fucking 11 years ago end my life) the idea of following a criminal protagonist trying to avoid being caught was still fresh and exciting rather than the plot of the biggest tv shows that every other one tries to copy.

The funny thing is season 1 is what the fans praise as being the best and everyone admits the show goes to shit in the second half when the writers change, so if you didn't like season 1 I almost want you to watch the rest just to see how much you hate it.

Dexter is hella fuckin epic man. Don't listen to the fags in this thread.

>i don't get the hype it has (had?)
The show requires special type of person to like it.
most people here dont like it,but I know a guy that swears by this show.
Personally because of this series I avoid any movie with the Michael C. Hall.

You have seen the best parts of it

Growing pains of early adult-oriented must-see TV.

Oz also sucks in hindsight.

Underage babbies like you wouldn't understand. Dexter was popular when pieces of shit like The Sopranos and Lost were the best things you could find on TV.

>it's a Dexter breaks into somebody's house, gets all the information he needs to advance the plot, and neatly exits without getting caught episode

S5 was unironically my favorite.

I quit after S6, the ending was so fucking terrible I don't even know how writers get paid for that garbage.

8th season isnt even that bad. its still better than 3,5, and 6

If you don't like season 1, just drop it. Season one is the best season by far.

>we will never get robo doakes

I can't believe I didn't fucking notice that the first time

Michael is very obviously homosex.

i liked season 6

Years on every time I feel the need to take a poop I think about "my dark passenger". Feels good.