Tfw rewatching Buffy season 1

>tfw rewatching Buffy season 1

Vampires seemed a lot more monster-ish in this season, with their pale skin, claw hands, wolf-like snarl and their eyes glow in the dark like a cat. In the following seasons they were just humans with a scrunched up face

Cute baby fat Buffy is best Buffy

Also why didn't Angel help out during the harvest? That's very out of character for him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z9ULo55uhjc
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5D-YIldov4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Too busy beating his meat to pics of Willow.

The masters makeup is greates vampire makeup of all time

The Master was great, I'm surprised they never brought him back

they brought him back for the alternate timeline episode when they introduce anya and he came back as a manifestation of the first evil.

pretty sure he made an appearance in an angel episode in a flash back to darlas past and an episode of angel when he's introduced to the order of aurelius and pisses on them for living like sewer rats. but yea he comes back a few times for some short moments.

>Also why didn't Angel help out during the harvest? That's very out of character for him

No it wasn't. If you've watched the entire series of both angel and buffy you'll see that for most of his time pre-buffy but post-soul he was a coward living on rats in the streets or sewers. And because of this he was physically weak.

He didn't actually become brave and physically stronger until he actually started to have a relationship with buffy

Correct about everything. Angel didn't help out during the harvest because it was literally his first acting job and Joss was making him take acting lessons from some chick he knew in college. This was in New York. The show was not. So he was here and there. You can see this on the s1 commentary.

Angel wasn't meant to be a fighter in the first season.

>literally his first acting job

youtube.com/watch?v=z9ULo55uhjc

it always bugs me when they say a character is like 400 years old but hes acting like a teenager. i mean why would angel even be interested in buffy, how is he even still interested in any of these human things. I mean even if youre still really healthy at age 100, your whole worldview and your interests would be so extremely different that you couldnt even interact with a young person of the time without it getting extremely weird.

it's a metaphor about how pedophilia is acceptable if the guy is super attractive.

>david boreanaz
>super attractive
Meh... I'd let Spike stake my boipucci though.

does that count for the female vampires too? because these 400 yr old grannys sure seem to be horny all the time.

i don't really get it either, but he does look good in season 1.

Well they are demons. Wouldn't make much sense if they were all chaste church grills.

but they are 400 yr old demons, how do they still get motivated about it, they mustve done it all thousands of times already.

generally speaking, vampirism in the first season was a metaphor for promiscuity and sexual predators (taking a girl to the back of the club to 'neck'), the girl vampires don't really fit into that very much but i guess they wanted to be inclusive.

>in the first season

They were always that.

sure it somewhat works as metaphor but the way it is shown just breaks my suspension of disbelief. maybe if he was only 100 years old it wouldnt be so unbelievable.

Even now?

he looks like a cat

>i guess they wanted to be inclusive.
thats probably why young darla was always dressed as a schoolgirl and made jokes to angel about it

the only thing i can think was that after wheeler (or whatever his fucking name was) introduced angel to her, he went off the deep end with the whole protecting from the shadows thing, and started to act young in an effort to blend in around her easier. he's never shown acting as young in any of his flashbacks

It was all a ruse to score. That's why he never said he was a vamp and lied about killing people.

Honestly, that's what bothered me from the start in any vampire show or movie ever made, safe from rare exceptions.
Looking young doesnt mean staying young in the mind unless there's some weird magic mojo that prevents them from maturing.
If you had 400 years to live, you would learn from life, become wiser than any wise man, ther wouldn't be a thing in the world that could play you because by then, you would've seen all the trickery humanity has to offer. The world becomes your plaything or you get really bored by it, nevertheless, you become old, you're not a teen anymore.
Twilight took this faggotry to it's lowest low though.
In Buffy/Angle it didn't bother me that much since Angel still acted adult at least and had vietnam flashbacks of his murderous past.

The idea they can remember that long bothers me. Memory of events tends to get stodgy at about 30 or 40 years unless you're constantly reminded of it. Yet you see vamps instantly remember someone they haven't seen for 150 years. Makes no sense.

music was shit in season 1. only the final episode where the composer did a slow piano rendition of the theme song it sounds like he put in an effort.

vamps were reptilian shapeshifters

Watching on SyFy in the UK user?

Dat bone structure tho

Healing factor, so it could be assumed they dont have degenerative memory problems as they age.

I only like Spike in the sense that I can use him to trigger SJWs.

Characters like that expose their hypocrisy like no other.

>trump grabs pussies
>disgusting
>spike walks into main character's kitchen and grabs her pussy
>spike is so hot guyz umph

when spike is almost exposed by anya as having his soul restored so he kicks her ass. when spike was a nazi in an episode of angel.

good times spike

>watch angel first, years before even thinking of watching buffy
>spike is great in the beginning as a whipped dru pet
>just like the angel flashbacks, hes great
>then hes a whiny bitch
>then hes a chipped whiny bitch
>then hes a creepy stalker worse than angel was
>then seeing red

i wasnt triggered by this, but fuck me, how could peopled have liked his "character growth" over the show. he turned from interesting evil rapist to neutered apologetic rapist

it was worth it for basically everything he did in angel s5

Spike used to be GOAT.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5D-YIldov4

thats what im saying. he was amazing in season 5 angel, he was great in early buffy. maybe not as good, but different obviously because he was actually evil then

and then its 5 seasons of him being a whiny bitch

I finished Buffy recently. Kinda miss it already.

Why did they kill Anya? Felt pointless.

Yeah, Angel's face changed a lot after season 1.

He also came back for a cameo in season 7 as the first.

When did he regain his soul?
Spike was always a but of a sentime talking fag, but after the chip he really struggled with the main gang and going back to his old ways. I though that was neat.

Season 7 finale was a mess. At first Buffy can hardly take one of these guys one on one. Almost gets killed by it. Then 15-20 slayers can handle thousands of them magically. And only Faith and Buffy were experienced.

Also why the fuck pair up Andrew and Anya? The 2 weakest members of the team. They basically sent them to get killed.

>Spike was always a but of a sentime talking fag
i liked that about him. william the bloody was just an evil verson of william the faggot. i think in the comics they actually specifically say that because the masters bloodline is so strong/fucked up, spike literally was able to feel love as a vampire, and dru was the only person he actually cared for when he didnt have a soul. its also why the whirlwind was able to be so old, yet not turn into spoopy Nosferatus

>When did he regain his soul?
iirc after the toilet rape, he fucks off to africa and gets it in the season 6 finale, then is just a bitch

i fucking wish andrew died. the trio are literally the shittest villians in the show, and im counting s4 angel

Angel was the only one who was a sociopathic monster out of them. Even among vamps he was fucked up, and as a human he was a piece of shut who started bar fights for laughs.

Spike was a faggot poet with oneitis.

So, are the comics worth it at all?

I liked Angel After the Fall, it quickly turns into Star Wars EU tier after.

some of them, mostly certain minis or arcs. generally angel s6 is good, some of the spike comics are good, a few illryia related minis if you liked her, and a bit of angel and faith

buffy overall isnt as good, unless you really like a specific character, and they get a story arc or mini

to put it into context, angel decided to go to season 6, and end it. just doing minis here and there

buffy is currently on season 11 with issues still being released and the storyline still linking up to the last episode of s7

Read something about Whedon wanting to tell the story being more important than realism and shit... Standing together with the slayers etc...
It's a turn off your brain in favor of the plotline episode.
Andrew is the minority token as hes faggy and flowery and all rainbowy. We had Willow as the stronk lesbian wiccan but there wasn't a faggot... and Xander wasn't gay enough.
Still, those were better times... It wasn't political, so it didn't matter that much. I was actually ok with a bit of healthy degeneracy.

Angel : After the Fall is good.

Everything else is shit. Buffy especially.
Xander and Dawn are now married.

>Xander and Dawn are now married
He can'take keep getting away with it!

>Xander and Dawn are now married
Creepy.
But again, there isn't one not fucked up relationship in Buffy.

There were a few nice things about Dawn though... I remember an arc where she traveled to a hell dimension where her Key status made her a goddess... then demons were terrified of her so they started worshiping her, Xander taught them to build houses and a bit of civilization, they watched GoT and though Joffrey was a good king... It wasn't kino but something about it felt comfy though.

New Box Set coming soon.

Yet no Blu Ray.

I still have the original DVD releases. cost fucking stupid money per season back then.

except for the 1950s

>no new extras
>no new menus
>didn't add back the 'previously on' segments

literally no reason to get this.

He left people to die in the 50s because they pissed him off.

Is this gonna have black pillars on the sides of the screen?

Stupid honestly. 20th anniversary was a god time for a BD release.

I tried, but honestly it aged like piss.

I can't stand the 90's highschool setting anymore, and lasts season have too much edge and melodrama. The rape seemed unnecessary, desu.

>Cute baby fat Buffy is best Buffy
agreed

I never understood why Angel was pushed as the main love interest if most of the time he's a broody borderline psychopath who's trying to not be one, but isn't very good at it.

Hell, a lot of relationships in Buffy are fucked up. Strangely enough, the ones that try to pass as "normal" end up being boring or dull. There just isn't a middle point.

>cost fucking stupid money per season back then
this is exactly why my box sets of angel look shit and dont match
i got them all used for cheaper at suncoast, and they were all beat to hell

>i mean why would angel even be interested in buffy, how is he even still interested in any of these human things.
are you seriously implying there is an age where teenage girls magically stop being hot?

Your 40s are going to be very tough user.

I bought every season on VHS for £30 each

Actually no, it was £60 each because they would release them in two parts. Two big bulky boxsets making up just one season. And they all went on a skip sometime during the late 2000s when I was clearing out all my videos. What a waste of money.

I still see them around in Charity shops. Cant give them away.

Teenage girls from the 90's weren't very attractive, though.

Remember, roll-on glitter and all that.

Riley was 100% he best Buffy bf. He was serious about her and he had a very hard time struggling with his inadequacy in the face of what Buffy tackles, but was willing to go all in. An Buffy was such a fucking cunt about him, giving him so much shit for not having superpowers, even though she always understood the limitations of the scoobies.

I am still mad to this day that Spuffy was ever a thing and that there are actual Buffy fans who "understand" this aspect of Buffy's whoredom but couldn't get beyond Riley doing anything fucked up just to get by on a day to day level.

Seriously I am mad yes.

Riley was a cunt.

This was not really a thing.

Holy shit david was on married with children? I never knew that

Riley was the only one that ever deserved a chance, which Buffy the whore couldn't manage to give because she's a whore cunt bitch.

riley was the best boyfriend for her, but the worse fucking character
he spends more time brooding than captain caveman and bleach blond boy combined

she had her chance, she literally blew it, and then he got married to a better girl

Riley's only wrongdoing was being too normal for Buffy. She canonically likes fucked up, kinky dudes.

Spike became boyfriend material after he got over his stalker phase. And even then, it was treated like a joke. Though he's at his best when he's not Buffy's little bitch.

Threadly reminder canonically Riley went to some jungle to be a soldier and then got married, while Spike is Buffy's current bf

Riley had a nice ass.

Darla too

How long until Angel cucks Spike for the 8238392th time again?

best character growth was wasley and i will fight anyone who disagrees. he changes alot while retaining most of his original quirks

Would you like me to lie to you now?

season 4 angel wesley is the best wesley. specifically him and faith working together

he proves hands down hes a capable watcher, and faith proves she has what it takes to be a slayer. they were both just too young and inexperienced to be thrown together right off the bat

Wesley's betrayal was also god-tier. Wesley is seriously the ultimate buffyverse character overall.

Greatest finale to anything ever.

I agree and I fully support anyone who cares to believe that the comics don't exist.

The comics are Joss's desperate attempt to keep Buffy relevant even after decades of people not caring anymore.

No idea why they're still going. They should just let it die while it still has dignity... whatever it has left.

It has all the sad feels a show could possibly have and then the franchise dies along with it's last season, leaving nothing but emptiness and blue balls. Can't mourn Anya or Fred or Wesley, or even Cordy.
>tfw more than a decade and you still have unfinished tv character grieving to make
>tfw when they offered Eliza Dushku job in a Faith spinoff but she rejected it for Tru Calling

All episodes of Buffy were shot in 4:3 except for the musical episode so black pillars should be there. There was a HD remastering that aired a year or two ago that completely disregarded the fact that the show was framed for 4:3 so you can see lights and microphones etc. at the sides of the screen.

Do the comics sell well?

It's better this way, Dushku can't carry a show, she's a decent actress but not THAT good.

They should have done a limited 4-6 episode season 8 this year for the 20th anniversary of the show. None of the actors are really working a lot these days and Boreanaz just wrapped up Bones so he has time.

It's sad how none of the cast went to do anything noteworthy after Buffy ended. Hannigan had another hit tv show, for the rest it was game over.

how retarded are joss and greenwalt to not shoot in 16:9

it hurts. Some faggot once told me by killing wesley whedon basicly killed us. It sort of makes sense.

>Can't mourn Anya or Fred or Wesley, or even Cordy
Didn't watch Angel but it was sad how noone cared about Anya's death. The world almost ended for Tara, but noone even asks about Anya.

Angel probably made good dosh on Bones, which was a fun show because Emily was a better autist than the entire cast of Big Bang Theory combined.

>Angel was shot in 16:9 from season 3 onward
>no one cares enough about that show to make an HD remaster

kek, can't wait for the 20th anniversary of Angel, when absolutely nothing is gonna happen.

Anya was never respected and neither was Xander. Also you should seriously watch Angel. It's the better show IMO. Surprisingly good male themes.

Boreanaz was apparently one of the most sought after actors during pilot season this year after Bones so he seems to be doing fine..

i think the current angel title isnt that bad. its mostly about angelus and liam, and angel dealing with his past, with his new bff illryia

theres a scene in early angel where hes in the back of lilahs car, and when he batmans away, you can see him just sitting in the next seat over

Sarah Michelle Gellar was in the Scary movies, right? She hasn't done anything in the last years though. James Masters was in the Dragon Ball movie as Piccolo, and I think he was in another show too. David Boreanaz was in Bones. The rest are dead and forgotten, yeah.

I'm hoping there will be a remake someday. Updated Buffy would be awesome. But I can't help to think it'll be SJW central.

Childhood is having a Buffyfu
Adulthood is realizing Angel talked about the adult world and the tough choices you have to make to survive in it.

Spike & Cordelia were together in an Episode of Supernatural.