John wayne in movies was casted as the alpha

>john wayne in movies was casted as the alpha
>jimmy stewart was casted as the meek beta
>in real life jimmy was alpha pilot and john wayne was insecure beta who wore lifts was a draft dodger

what did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/the-man-who-shot-liberty-valance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that wayne was the better actor

take a look at this picture

woody strode is 6"4
jimmy stewart is 6"3

yet john wayne is listed at 6"4 but is not as tall as strode or stewart (stewarts eyes line up to wayne's eye brows)

why did he feel like he needed to lie about his height?

JOHN WAYNE WAS A FAG

Jimmy steward was plenty alpha in a number of movies

>casted

past tense is 'cast,' OP

he has his knee bended while others are standing straight, of course he looks shorter

i really really like ford's movies

but i can't help but feel something is off

like hes a cuck or something

now i know people throw that word around lot but what the fuck was the ending to My Darling Clementine?

>gentle and sincere men of principles who show virtue are betas
wew lad. You dun been memed.

99% of his movies are him getting dicked around until he explodes with a glorious righteous fury

Jimmy Stewart didn't need to prove shit to the audience, he was and is the highest ranking actor in the military. He never needed to prove his manliness unlike the overcompensating Wayne

i bet this guy saw some shit

he never talked about it did he?

>Strode recounted that Ford "kept needling Duke about his failure to make it as a football player", comparing him to Strode (a former NFL running back), whom he pronounced "a real football player". (Wayne's football career at USC had been curtailed by injuries.) He also ridiculed Wayne for failing to enlist during World War II, during which Ford filmed a series of widely praised combat documentaries for the Office of Strategic Services, and was wounded at the Battle of Midway,[8] and Stewart served with distinction as a bomber pilot. "How rich did you get while Jimmy was risking his life?" he demanded.

Bullshit, James Stewart was the real alpha in that movie, he was the only in the town who confronted Liberty Valance openly.

>you will never be john ford's whipping boy

but ford is the one who really shot liberty

Not that user, but while you're correct,, he did it from the shadows, while Stewart's character had the balls to face him like a man and possibly be murdered.

Basically this.

It's irrelevant who really shot Liberty Valance.

And by doing so he sacrificed his girl. Shooting liberty and staying quiet about it was the debt stewart had to repay. He wanted to run off with his tal between his legs until wayne slapped some sense into him by explaining that it was a much bigger thing than just the two of them.
Stewart went on to be a great man because if he didn't he would be spitting on Wayne's sacrifice.
It's a great picture about what being a man is really about.

>When the truth becomes legend, print the legend.
It's not irrelevant at all.

He confronted Liberty numerous times and he chickened out every time?

Name one (1) actor with a better filmography

protip: you literally can't

Good analysis from Richard Our Guy Brody

newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/the-man-who-shot-liberty-valance

I'll check this out when I get home from work. Thanks user.

He never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

DeNiro has been in better movies and is leagues above Stewart.

>deniros filmography over the last 20 years
even with those trips youre wrong

John Cazale

>it's another stealth leftypol bait thread where identity politics is obsessed over by leftist retards who are still massively assblasted over losing an election episode

DeNiro has tons of shit movies. You could make an argument he's made more bad films than good films.

But both Jimbo and Duke were die hard Republicans, what do you mean?

I mean, youre not wrong but he was only in 6 so it's kinda a meme pick

Is liking jimmy stewart considered leftist? What is this comment even about

The self-awareness of this board is at an all time low and this guy is the prime example