Which show will win this scifi showdown? Both release trailers at about the same time...

Which show will win this scifi showdown? Both release trailers at about the same time, Both shows come out at about the same time. Star Trek Discovery is saying they are taking the modern approach using all CGI while Orville will feature old boring practical effects that everyone hates like model ships and prosthetic masks.

Orville Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=Yy9sKeCE8V0
STD Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=4dxe_ugmIVM

Other urls found in this thread:

redshirtsalwaysdie.com/2017/05/16/orville-packed-star-trek-alums/
youtube.com/watch?v=4yOw_xLJuVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Orville will look better, but it's a Seth McFarlane show so it'll have shit writing.

Hot meme coming through.

right that family guy show and american dad are total failures, granted I also hate those but lets face it they have huge audiences, just not our humor, but his scifi could be ours?

AD and FG rely on crass absurdist humour. McFarlan has shown little flexibility in his other works.

You'd know this if you had any clue what constitutes key-know.

I hear ya, but in that vein this isnt really his work, he is going for Star Trek. In that aspect if he can mimic it enough as a tribute/parody whatever you want to call it then it could work since its not really him?

This again?

As a life-long trekkie and macfarlane-hater, i'm more hopeful for orville

Im in the same boat. Just found this though:
redshirtsalwaysdie.com/2017/05/16/orville-packed-star-trek-alums/

Appears that Seth isnt directing these which might be that safety cushion we need, oddly Frakes who played Riker and directed a bunch of Star Trek shows is signed to direct on Orville episodes.

The second weird thing is the cast of Orville as more people from Star Trek than the Star Trek show STD.

this is just weird, why is Orville more Trek than the fucking new official series?

>oddly
nothing odd about it, frakes is a lad.

i'm now completely 'on board' (get it?)

>i'm now completely 'on board'
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

isn't Frakes directing also some STD episode?

Yes gotta wonder if STD shit their pants when they found out about orville through the grapevine and had to hire him up so as not to get shown up.

Well i hate all Seth garbage, and the diversity star trek look just as bad, but if i have to bet the normi humor of Seth will win.

Has MacFarland had success outside of Family Guy/American Dad? Thousand Ways to Die in the West was a complete failure, and it really highlighted that he might've be too one-note to venture beyond what he's already doing.

im betting that since people use SciFi as an escape that STD will get flushed and Seth's show not dealing with identity politics will be an easy win.

I dunno he is a lifelong trek fan and pulled it off on family guy, being that he is scifi at heart maybe is why some west show would die? This might be his calling I was thinking last night, but wtf happens if he creates a whole universe? No way could he handle doing family guy and universe building right?

How comparable are they in the end? Orville looks like it will be a comedy first and foremost, while Star Trek is taking the typical serious route.

>The second weird thing is the cast of Orville as more people from Star Trek than the Star Trek show STD.

Discovery is a prequel to TNG and all the TNG actors save maybe Picard look old and bloated. Even Picard is getting up there.

Or would you really like an episode where Private Riker comes aboard who claims to be 20 yet looks 60

Ted 1 was pretty big

They can cameo as completely different characters. They've done this before.

it's between enterprise and tos, not right before tng. just look at the uniforms

Why are niggers being shoved in everywhere? Not even that but nigger women, the absolute lowest state of a human being? I don't understand what motivates their ugly presence? Is it to remind us that evolution is real?

>all CGI

This shit still looks better 23 years later

youtube.com/watch?v=4yOw_xLJuVY

>How comparable are they in the end?
Not really at all, it seems Orville is more along the lines of following traditional trek, while the official trek series is more about identity politics , ya know the usual only white guy is the gay dude, etc... their less concerned with making trek and more about their politics and thats from the creators mouths themselves on STD not anyones opinion.

I think your too dumb to understand that Trek had tons of actors more than just Riker or Picard but dont let me interrupt your retarded rant, i love watching people drool on themselves.

there are fan fic shows on youtube that look better than this diversity infested garbage, this is what happens when they get control to make something. I hate having to say its them, but everytime this happens even with STD its always them behind it.

Orville uses models

I take the less "diverse" show

This is my biggest worry, the writing will be crap. Seth's last live action show with the shortest star in Hollywood was pretty so-so for a half hour office comedy

fucking nazi, kill yourself fascist!