He is the most overrated pleb director, prove me wrong

he is the most overrated pleb director, prove me wrong

>he is the most overrated true auteur

ftfy

At least he had his own style, if you want to call it that. The only one I own is Moonrise Kingdom. The rest are forgettable though honestly.

He found his style
Milked the shit out of it

Atleast if he makes a boring movie the visuals are 10/10

nolan, fincher, tarantino

I feel like Sup Forums mostly just pretends to like Malick.

I like his movies
Is that bad?

Plus he mastered a style and cinema is a visual medium
So why the hate towards him?

I like him a lot. He's such an oddity in american cinema. There is a sincerity to his movies that so many seem to lack these days.

>yfw hes actually redoilled and uses racial and gay slurs in his movies yet normies pretend not to notice because hes tumbler core

>directors everyone on Sup Forums pretending to hate to seem cool but secretly love

Nu male: the director. Notice all wes anderson fans look like this

>auteur
>autist

coincidence?

Like Slaver Brian?

dude symmetry lmao, ooooh i love the colors! i fucking love art!!

I really enjoy his movies.

His work before roman coppola was great nuanced interesting. Post coppola it feels really over the top and like a schtick.

That's one of his worst.

Wes has more spark and character and imagination in one fingernail than user has in his entire body.

Post a pic of yourself, mr alpha

That's not Christopher Nolan

Owen Wilson was his best writing partner.

>Bottle Rocket
Most "normal" film. Solid lo-fi comedy. His style isn't prominent yet

>Rushmore
The majority of his tropes start here. While some absolutely love this I can't get over all the awkward Jason Scwartzman humor.

>Royal Tenenbaums
My personal favorite and where a lot of the Rushmore elements seem to be perfected. Great balancing of an ensemble cast and solid soundtrack

>Life Aquatic
Bill Murray and Willem Dafoe are really good, but the emotional moments don't hit as hard as he wants too. The animal creations are awesome

>Darjeeling Limited
A true miss. The Scwartzman awkward stuff is in true force and the whole thing feels like a farce. The short film has a lot of Natalie Portmans butt

>Fantastic Mr. Fox
Fuck Up this should have been winning all the best animated feature awards

>Moonrise Kingdom
Great story and characters. Wes returning to form, and not trying so hard to be overtly dramatic. Adorable.

>Grand Budapest Hotel
By far the most overrated. Doesn't know how to juggle the massive cast and to get all his friends in for cameos and all the forced dramas and nazis. Beautiful to look at but I never need to watch it again

This is so fucking true.

Not going to win any acting Oscars, but he knows genuine character moments and can break through Wes's thick style and keep in the heart of the characters.

Imagine Schwartzman writing stuff like Margot and Ritchie in the tent. Or Royal and Etheline in the park. Eww.

>He found his style
>Milked the shit out of it
Basically this. He had his early experimental career, where he was refining his style. Then he made Tenenbaums, and we saw that it was good. And then he proceeded to make basically that exact same damn movie like 10 more times. I don't exactly DISLIKE any of the entries, I mean they're all at least somewhat entertaining in the moment, but I can't really sort out in my head which is which anymore.

Hey, you take that back!!

I don't have glasses. My vision is perfect.

That's not Nolan tho.

Yeah, I'm with you, good summary.

Looking back at it, it's actually the fact that they nailed the emotional moments in Royal Tenenbaums that makes it stand out from the crowd. It's the only one of these where they give you a reason to care about all the characters. Even the minor characters (like Owen Wilson, Bill Murray and Danny Glover) all have these great little character moments.

Moonrise makes you care about the main characters, but most of the supporting cast are cardboard cutouts.

i like his films, but i fuckin hate he has to kill a pet in pretty much all of'em, for some unknown reason. In some, it's an emotional shock, in some it's for "comedy", just gotta be there... dunno why.
super lazy and overdone.

Yeah, all the rest give ma headache. Moonrise Kingdom feels just like summer camp.

Ah, yess. He's just covered in that red oil. phag

i dont think he is the greatest ever but at least he isnt making the same copy and paste bullshit everyone else is.

>overrated

Hardly. Everyone knows what he is getting into when watching Wes Anderson film.

You really need to work on your levels of analysis. Grand Budapest is the most self-aware of all his films, and adroitly tackles the nature of historical revisionism. Touching and bittersweet, it makes the past feel both intensely present and impossibly distant. Moonrise Kingdom on the other hand is almost pure syrup. It's not a return to form so much as a lack of substance. A pretty typical example of a well executed film that lacks nuance and depth to win the awards that were really earned by a previous film.

he sucks, this is not thread-worthy

Anyone have that theory on Anderson being a pedophile?

Both Wes Anderson and Nolan has obvious weaknesses that even the plebs care about though.

The most overrated director among reddit cinephiles and other plebs is PTA

>Liked
as in past tense

How the fuck is this an argument, cunt?

If you actually think that of Anderson then you have to think it for Nolan too.

Rushmore = best

This is technically correct. Also best bill Murray by a long shot.

Still surprised Aquatic is considered one of his worst critically. Maybe I'm just a sucker for midlife crisis themes and the whole concept of the film in general.

Nah, I feel like Life Aquatic was one of the best in terms of film and role. It did have themes and moments that hit me in the feels. Some people say it tried but missed in the emotional department, but if you can't appreciate the deadpan nature of Murray then of course you'd feel that way.

that's sad. what are some better directors?

>>Grand Budapest Hotel
>By far the most overrated. Doesn't know how to juggle the massive cast and to get all his friends in for cameos and all the forced dramas and nazis. Beautiful to look at but I never need to watch it again

I love Grand Budapest Hotel. Tens of millions of people died in the World Wars. The world changed and something about the way of life was lost in the process. This movie is a highly stylized glimpse of the things that were lost. That's what makes it nice and bittersweet for me.

The Royal Tennenbaums > The Grand Budapest Hotel > Fantastic Mr. Fox > Rushmore > The Darjeeling Limited > Moonrise Kingdom >>> The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou >>> Bottle Rocket.

Prove me wrong. Protip: you cannot