Guillermo del Toro new Kino

Thoughts about this movie from this Mexican director?

youtube.com/watch?v=XFYWazblaUA

He's never made a kino
All his stuff is just effects and sets
Everything else falls woefully short

A good conceptual artist

Nice bait

>Pan's Labyrinth
>Not Kino

Wew

Based Nelson Van Alden
Based Arnold Rothstein

Definitely Kino incoming

He's a chimp at the controls of a supercomputer
Hasnt made a good movie since Pan's

kind of lost all respect and love for him after he started tweeting racist shit against whites

It isn't

>turning off a large portion of your audience by being an unironic racist mexican, an extremely common thing (seriously, Mexicans despise brown people)
What did he mean by this?

>GoT writer

It's gonna be trash. He is a semi-talented director, but almost always ends up working with shitty screenwriters.

>woman fucks up by releasing a monster - the movie, yet the audience is tricked into sympathizing with her motivations

Nice opinion

I'm getting sick of this fucking shit. I don't care about diversity in movies, but this "fuck white people" shit being Tweeted about by game designers and movie producers is getting annoying. It's starting to make me racist, and I don't like that.

>Nothing Happens: the Movie
>Kino

Get out.

Wow, they spoiled almost the whole movie in the trailer.

>he's not directing pacific rim 2
really fucking dissapointed desu lads

They want it to be really successful this time.

Oh look it's a human befriends a monster while others try to destroy said monster script.

I sure loved this tired theme the first 1000000 times I saw it.

Wait is this a Hellboy spin-off? It's that British water guy from Hellboy.

I'm going to watch this as part of the BPRD cinematic universe even if that's just head canon.

Reminds me of The City of Lost Children

Crimson Peak is Toro at his most kino.

Perhaps he is going lovecraft and the movie is about a dumb cunt being used by a creature to breed and escape, ending the movie with the world being devastated because of a single dumb cunt?

im a hispanic that hates mexican culture and paisanos.

Really? That was pretty average. The set pieces and atmosphere are amazing. The story was another matter. I liked it but 7/10 being generous. I think a major problem was that the movie is a Gothic romance but was marketed as a horror movie.

It's definitely no coincidence that the sane actor us playing the creature, it's the same director, the sets look like Mignola's drawings of Abe's tank. He eats eggs, he listens to classical music. The tine period is right, kind of. It's fucking Abe.

Sorry, I sperged out there. but it's Doug Jones playing the thing. He played abe. The shot of the thing's back looks exactly like Abe. I heard in an interview, Doug Jones confirmed it is the same character.

>Its working

oh man this would be great, i love it when a trailer is misleading, colossal was a great surprise.

Another generic unoriginal movie from Del Taco?
Color me fucking surprised.

Why does there need to be a fucking evil scientist? Why rely on such a painful done to death trope? Why cant it be just a story about a girl and a monster?

Another safe skip i guess.

>Doug Jones confirmed it is the same character.
source on that?

Bump

DelTaco

I held him in high regards until he had his WHITE PEOPLE ARE THE DEVIL AND EVERYTHING WRONG WITH THIS WORLD libshit outbreak on Twitter.
Dropped him harder than a nig his nigglet after this. Will never look back.

No one cares

>Abe Sapien backstory
Looks pretty neat. I'm in.

apparently you did enough to reply

The story was fine considering his aim. I was pleasantly surprised. Even old fashioned gothic romance is scarier than modern horror trash.

>this has to be explained to people because the title isn't Abe Sapien Origins: A Hellboy Story

The absolute fucking state of film.

I swear he's one of the biggest hacks in the industry. He made 1 (ONE) great film [Pan's Labyrinth], 2 alright films [Hellboy 1&2] and then a sea of shit and mediocrity.
But so many claim he's some great auteur.

And anyone that tries to tell me that Pacific Rim was anything more than popcorn trash can kindly welcome themselves to a swift kick in the nuts

Yeah, alright. Not everything needs to be the Lives of Others. I still enjoy his stuff.

>Works with Hideo Kojima one time

Why are you so angry?
He's just a fat little mexican dude who makes movies he loves. He makes movies simply because he wants to tell a story, not to make money, not to appease some board of directors, not for the ratings or the popularity.
Making a movie just to make a movie is the purest form of film making.

Crimson Peak was a clusterfuck of bad writing and self-indulgent schlock

The setting in this movie reminds me so much of A Cure For Wellness. Which other movies have that kind of 50's-like mental asylum/testing facility vibe?

so does this have the exact same plot as ex machina

is this an origin story for hellboy

why does he have blue eyes?

lmao white people are so fragile.

looks like del toro

Shutter Island

American Horror Story Asylum

>he browses social media
Are you a woman or a fag?

More hollyjew interracial/interspecies BS

he realized pacific rim was destroying his "from the visionary director of Pan's Labyrinth" rep so he shat out the most tumblr girl-power style-over-substance with interracial undertones movie he could

you monsters deserve it

Pretty much this. Ignore his dick riding fans. His movies are hot garbage

Feels like BioShock

you really watched pans labyrinth and thought it was garbage? boy you must have the attention span (and intelligence) of a 4 year old

rich white mexican. he talks in heavy accent to get minority points

FINNED

I do. I would have never known about shit like this
Now I know never to spend money on his movies again.
Cry harder :^)

>the only good director in Mexico
>has white skin and blue eyes

What about alejandro inarritu?

borra esto desu

>I think a major problem was that the movie is a Gothic romance but was marketed as a horror movie.

being marketed correctly does not affect the actual story.

If its good gothic romance, then its good, even if it was marketed wrong.

You see? This is exactly what I'm talking about. No one even needs to make fun of you guys. You giant cocksuckers do it to yourselves

>michael shannon
dropped

Thank you.

why are there no threads about TV & Film on this board? Every single thread is just fat neckbeards crying about politics

this isnt a subjective opinion. pans labyrinth was without doubt the best film of 2006 and one of the best films of the 2000s. if you are too immature to grasp this then you are either (1) contrarian to the point of being a fucking retard or (2) just generally retarded such that your opinion doesnt matter. you should leave Sup Forums because it is clear that your comments just make the entire board shitter

>Republican propaganda
>Kino

wew indeed

>Mexican
no he's not he doesn't even lives in Mexico he is as mexican as Louis CK in my book

>good
how to detect shittaste gringos

>He was born in Mexico
>He spent most of his life in Mexico
>His wife is Mexican
>He's not Mexican

Stop being retarded

Is it bad that i think pans labyrinth is the best movie ever made

not at all. i also have it as my favourite/best ever movie

He's a true Mexican because he hates Mexicans and Mexico but hates his white, American nerd benefactors too. Seriously, watch Telemundo or some Mex channel some time and note how few brown people there are.

Paisanos are white.

so it's a story about a fishman. I hope it turns out he worships Dagon.

>the fat mexican man complains about white males on the internet that was made by white males on a website that was made and maintained by white males on a machine that was invented by white males using a language invented by white males while wearing clothes invented by white males while thinking about the next meal he's going to eat at a restaurant likely founded by white males
>the fat mexican man is an artist that creates things on a medium created by white males, which is viewed in establishments made by white males, which in turn is put on media made by white males

If they hate us so much, then they can forego everything we and our ancestors created and fuck off

who cares. just ignore it and move on. if you really cant separate the director/writer from the movie/book then you are a thin skinned baby

>white
>Mexican
no he's agringo kike hopefully his movie fails

Same with Univision, biggest hypocrites in the world

yes it is

You realize Mexican isn't a race, right?

So its a prequal to Hellboy with the fish dude?

I don't see any diversity in this movie, is Del Taco rayciss?

>showing the entire movie in the trailer

When will this meme die?

He JUST did an unsettling environment romance story and now he's doing another one? I would have hoped for this to be a thriller.

Every movie this guy makes looks excellent, but this looks like the story will be weak, just like Crimson Peak.

All the female roles are just Del Toro in a wig

>BioShock
He loves those games.

Del Toro loves telling fairytale stories.

I liked it tbqh

Reygadas is way better than him, but he's also white.

fack u

he's good mane