What do you guys think of this documentary?

What do you guys think of this documentary?

>VEGAN IS DA BEST
ya no

>cheesy pun title
>the film that _________ doesn't want you to see!!!!
>pills and money on a burger bun
fucking jesus lol get some self awareness before you make a movie about a serious topic

does it imply that "organic food" is more healthy? Because fuck it if yes.

I have very little trust for vegan diet since 4 of close family and friends tried the diet and followed it to a tee and all ended up having huge health issues and hospital visits.

Plenty of problems with agribusiness and the healthcare and food industries. Some "exposé" with a bunch of alternative facts promoting veganism isn't the answer.

You guys know that you can hate SJWs without denying the reality that American food is basically addictive poison, right?

>the government is rigged! It's all about the money! No one is safe!
I don't deny that these are pretty true but who's to say the vegan industry isn't doing the same shady shit?

>meat is worse than sugar
>fat in foods is worse than sugar

Horse shit

How

Fat being worse than sugar doesn't really surprise me if it was true

vegan shit is just kike fear mongering to get people to buy overpriced products just like gmo-free shit and people who buy gluten free because they think it's healthier or some shit

Another political thread. Go die, all of you

>Humans were meant to eat plants because we don't have incisors!
>THE EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY IS LITERALLY IN EVERYONE'S FUCKING MOUTH

So can we just go ahead and put Vegans in gas chambers yet?

>Wtf documentaries are about politics?

What I don't understand is why don't some company try and fund for more vegan studies or products? Why not have them with competitive prices if they truly wanted people to have these diets?

Maybe you should avoid meat, dairy, AND junk food like soda candy Cheetos

woaahhhhh

woaahhhhh

you're a fucking idiot

neither are bad per se

apple's got shitload of sugar, nuts got lots of fat.

Its not any better or worse in soft-drinks or french fries, its about the amount you consume.

>avoid meat

nope

There is a difference, the GI is what matters, refined sugar from soft drinks etc creates spikes in insulin which overtime have adverse affects on the metabolism

nah, sugar is sugar is carbohydrates. You are falling for propaganda.

You didn't know this?

Shit up

ive been vegetarian for over a year now

i lost 7kg, fixed my high blood pressure problems

have more energy that I ever did while eating meat

without realizing it I was doing a high carb low fat diet

I got my blood tests done and everythings fine, no lack of protein

best decision ever and if youre a fatass I urge you to discover vegetarian food that you really really like and to try it

Let me guess its content.
>GMOs are bad because some pseudosience
>Veganism is the shit
>Corporations are evil because they make money
>A black and white view on the world sponsored by some leftist ideologues

Vegan and gluten free aren't the same thing, moron.

I don't think GMO is directly addressed so good or bad. It shills veganism. USA "health" associations are on the take from meat corporations. Medical industry is giving you pills to cure symptoms, not address the issue, getting you more sick.

You're welcome.

I wish people would actually watch things then give their opinions instead of dogpiling their self important opinions about what they think it'll be.

I didn't watch it yet, but I've read so many criticisms that it's basically saying everything causes cancer but pure veganism. In case any of you aren't yet aware, veganism is a fucking fad and will not provide your body with the full range of required nutrients, in the most effective and risk-free forms, that you need to live a healthy life. I do agree, however, that all foods have some probability of giving you cancer. Anyone who knows anything about the food supply chain risks, shortcuts in agricultural practices, and food additives and associated studies--but who doesn't just buy into the propaganda spewed by their food company employers--knows this.

The better doc to watch on Netflix is In Defense of Food. That one has a much more sensible message about our diets.

This is better

I'm curious how your diet was before going vegetarian?
Vegetarian is also a lot more understandable than vegan.

What's the defence of the American heart association advocating beef, again? What nutrients does meat give you other than B12, and is that worth the high cholesterol when you can just take a supplement?

Food science is very incomplete. The accuracy of the conclusions drawn from experiments on the body's reaction to certain edible compounds varies from "we must all eat this, now and forever" to "well, nobody died, so I guess it's the new superfood" on the is-healthy side, and "this just killed all the lab rats" to "when you eat this exclusively forever, you're gonna have a bad time" on the is-not-healthy side. The problem is all outcomes have the possibility of driving governmental and non-government advocacy of ingesting a food item. This ignores the additional, less-scientific goofball reasons for designating a food to be good or bad, like when everyone thought resveratrol was the Jesus Christ of food nutrients because French people live marginally longer lives and drink wine all the time. Add to this that many of these studies are funded by the very companies that sell the food items and then understand that numbers can be fudged in a lab if someone is pressured to do so. And keep in mind that many foods which are considered safe were designated so because prior to 1958, nobody seemed to die from them--even if maybe it was just harder to attribute cancers and other deleterious physical effects to them back then. Do you even know how much sodium benzoate you consume daily and what natural foods even contain it? You can replace sodium benzoate with a number of additives that might give you pause, rightly or wrongly.

You need dietary fat, you don't need sugar

cont'd

As for supplements--think about it like this. Humans have adapted over thousands of years to eat a diet of plants and animals. The nutrients contained within were shoved down our gullets in a "natural" delivery system and our bodies developed to recognize these matrices and break them down efficiently. Even when the research is correct and we identify compounds that our body needs, such as cobalamin, when we ingest it in a purified form and not in a natural delivery system, how do we know that our bodies will react to it in the exact same way as it would if we got it in the form of an egg or meat? We are always figuring out that we didn't exactly discover the full picture, *especially* when it comes to food digestion, and that something important was missing and so huge changes must be made in order to rectify our nutritional mistakes. What if our supplements are doing a piss poor job of delivering nutrients to our bodies and we would be better off getting them from plants and animals? And understand that with supplements, you're relying solely on the trustworthiness of the factories that develop, create, and distribute it and their quality checks, as well as on their raw material suppliers. Or you can just eat plants and animals that are known to contain these nutrients.

This of course doesn't mean plants and animals are completely free from bullshit fuckery. Pesticide residue is a problem with agriculture and antibiotics is a problem with our meat supply, to name just two of many risks. Still, I would rather focus on mitigating those issues and eating real food rather than distilling everything we eat down to chemicals and putting them into pills for everyone to consume--especially when a tiny, potentially miscontrued study could lead us to drastically change our diets for a decade only for that study's fuck ups to be discovered later, leading to us having to do it all over again with some newer, "better" foodstuff.

I don't know what point you are trying to make, because even the American heart association acknowledges red meat is bad for your heart, and has no nutritional benefit, so why have recipes for it on their website. They should be recommending no one eat.

vegan propaganda

you the point

Do you know why they say it's bad for your heart? Did you read the study they're referencing to make that claim? Do you really think red meat has NO nutritional benefit? And I can't speak to their website, what it looks like, what its content is. Draw your own conclusion for that, bud.

I forgot spaces are condensed, what I meant was:

you_____________________________the point

Point is red meat has something that is detrimental to you, and it's been verified. Our bodies don't need meat, as is seen by India.

>tfw single
>Stop giving a fuck about buying your own food
>Go to mall
>Follow your instinct what kind of food you are craving for
>1 meal a day
>no cravings whatsoever

Dietfags and cookfags are missing on life a lot.

So you didn't read the study, you're parroting something you read online, you have no frame of reference, and you're completely ignorant to this? Got it.

I'm parroting a billion person study and the hypocritical American heart association.

this guy gets it.
there are many types of "fats" long, medium and short. all used differently.
sugar is metabolized by the liver into the same thing no matter if its "organic" "natural" or what ever people are saying now a days.

you changed your eating HABITS to be more healthy and you saw improvement? please tell me more.
it wasnt the vegetarianism it was you taking your life into your own hands for the better.

have you seen the normal everyday people in India? i would never ever in my life call them healthy.
what does the AHA say is bad about red meat?

>ids da cows fartin not da vehiculars dat makes gloubl warmin

It's high in cholesterol and saturated fat, on their own website. They offer no nutritional reason to eat it other than you like it. A health organization shouldn't then go and suggest red meat food on their website. People that read what the AHA has to say have heart disease, and should be avoiding cholesterol and fat like the poison it is for them.

I don't trust and have a general dislike for anything claiming to be
>The X that Y don't want you to Z

>have you seen the normal everyday people in America? I would never ever in my life call them healthy.

>They offer no nutritional reason to eat it other than you like it.
Exactly like pussy, but I don't see them banning cunnilingus.

>have you seen the normal everyday people in India
Just because they are filthy doesn't mean that their food is. Let's also not forget that India is very diverse and large so I have to ask what exactly do you mean when you say "normal everyday people in India"?

i wasnt talking about their hygiene habits. (their being 90% of the people you see walking around in mumbai where i was) i would never call them "fit" they were a mix of skinny or chubby fat. i am referring to indian people not eating meat means that they are healthy.

they are not fat because they eat meat. they eat too much is the problem and dont exercise enough. which can be said for almost every country in the world.

>guy in college turns vegan to get thinner
>still downs sugary shit between eating metric fucktons of fruit
>gets fatter

>cowspiracy
i'm going to go out on a limb and say it's trash made by hippie soyboiz with ulterior motives.

Bingo

What nutritional benefit does pure fat have?

vegetarian is completely different from a vegan diet. most Americans could stand to eat substantially less meat, but that is not the same as not eating any animal products whatsoever.

>I didn't watch it yet
could've saved yourself a lot of typing

They use the term "plant based diet", which essentially means you eat mostly plants.

googled " nutritional value of fat"

>Fat provides 9 calories per gram, more than twice the number provided by carbohydrates or protein. Fat is essential for the proper functioning of the body. Fats provide essential fatty acids, which are not made by the body and must be obtained from food. The essential fatty acids are linoleic and linolenic acid.Aug 2, 2011

please learn something about fats which is food all animals with higher brain power need, other than the word "fat" is in it which is a state of being or adjective.

Indian people eat meat you fucking moron. Hindus generally don't eat beef and Muslims don't eat pork, but only ~30% of the country identifies as vegetarian. Take a trip over to your local Indian restaurant and count the dozens of meat dishes on the menu

>Good fats come mainly from vegetables, nuts, seeds, and fish. They differ from saturated fats by having fewer hydrogen atoms bonded to their carbon chains. Healthy fats are liquid at room temperature, not solid. There are two broad categories of beneficial fats: monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.

>I didn't watch it yet
Not the best way to start a post on a fucking television and film board.

>Healthy fats are liquid at room temperature
You mean like vegetable oil, which is practically the worst fucking thing you can eat? Fuck off with your generalizations retard

>fish
>meats

>Fuck off with your generalizations retard
>Let me make a counter argument that is actually not substantiated from the nutrition information

The video actually doesn't talk too badly about fish.

i apologize i didnt state my point well enough said we (humans) dont need meat from his "study" of 1 billion people i was trying to say he was wrong and meat is good for humans and animals with large brains.

the fat lady they showed after 2 weeks on vegan diet saying she has no longer asma really ruined it for me.

>Vegan now means someone who doesn't eat red meat
Wtf is this shit? Vegans were supposed to be those retards who don't eat nothing that comes from animals like cheese and shit. Fuck this retarded trendy memes.

*Plant based diet

i think there is something in animal protein that we haven't discovered yet that we need

>Reminder that the people that peddle that shit want to convince everyone to become vegan and to stop reproducing to """save""" the environment

no thanks.

i'm wary of these people that talk about healthy fats like you can consume as much fat as you feel like. yes in the short term it's better than transfats but it's still going to contribute to plaque build up in the long term

>our teeth are shaped like herbivores that means we are that way
Expect us as humans have been eating meat for thousands of years with it also being within our genetics to eat meat

i think exercise is really overrated myself. no amount of workout is going to pull out visceral fat or plaque that you've already added to your body, the best thing is to not eat it in the first place.

About a quarter of people also die of heart disease.

Probably due to high sugar diets since a high amount of American food have shit loads of refined sugars

It's mostly due to high cholesterol, and or bodies can't keep up. Or bodies naturally can handle some, but not the volume most people injest.

This. You don't have to stop eating meat to be health. Just stop fucking using it as your main source of food.

dubs of truth

Based documentary right here.

this