Just saw Dunkirk

wtf, i hate germans now

Other urls found in this thread:

de.metapedia.org/wiki/Operation_Catapult
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well user don't leave us hanging

share your thoughts

how many planes crashed with no survivors?

Big guy crashes german planes until he runs out of fuel, he's forced to land and to destroy his own plane before being caught by the german

>that's literally the only part in the movie where we see the germs

Absolut kinographiè. Also watched it just now. Ask me anything I guess.

It's another Nolan movie. In not necessarily a bad way.

Clock-tick Hans Zimmer soundtrack all throughout the movie, time manipulation.

>that shot with those shadowy german surrounding Hardy on the beach at sundown

BRAVO NOLAN

how are the performances? i guess overall very little in the way of speaking but are there any that were really good or stood out?

To be honest there wasn't much space for any of the actors to stand out but all of them delivered where it mattered, even the new-ish actors.

You mean you didn't hate them to begin with? What's wrong with you?

And how can you have seen it when it isn't out until the 21st?

>not being a kinopro and getting invited to premieres before the plebs

Is Harry Styles a douchebag?

OP here, it was a great movie, but not his besti would say.
The best parts of the movie was the plane fighters scenes, which was fucking amazing

Yes, actually.

Rank the Nolan films

I saw it too at a premiere. Thoughts:

-It feels like a 90 minute long stress-out action scene. It's more like Gravity than Saving Private Ryan - there's really just the one problem and shit keeps happening.

-the focus is restricted pretty narrowly to three individual stories - two soldiers trying everything to escape Dunkirk; Tom Hardy on a sortie to take our German fighters; one of the civilian ships heading to Dunkirk to rescue soldiers

-Tom Hardy does the Bane voice, muffled by mask and everything

-Performances are fine, the soldiers' story on the beach is the best one. Best sequences are the opening ten minutes, which was already previewed, and a sequence on a ship under attack.

-the split timelines doesn't completely work. Each of the three stories has a different timeframe to the others, which means you'll see Tom hardy fly over the ship, but you won't see the ship storyline catch up to that moment for another half hour, etc. felt like it was trying to be cloud atlas, but not as successful.

-despite the supposed focus on grit and realism, it gets pretty cliched at parts. Especially with Cillian Murphy's storyline as a shell shocked soldier rescued on the ship, who is so mentally fucked up he pushes a child on board and accidentally kills him. The ending gets pretty schmaltzy;

Still, overall a good movie, not a masterpiece like everyone is saying but a pretty tense, anxiety-ridden hour and a half.

how evil where germans?

There's this weird elemental symbolism throughout the film connecting the different storylines.

>troops on the beach (earth)
>pair of pilots (air)
>old dude wifh a boat (water)
>when all the storylines come together an oil spill gets set on fire and big guy torches his plane (fire)

Guess I'll wait for the "what did he mean by this?" threads.

>where

You guys realize a lot of what people think happened at Dunkirk was just propaganda created by the British government to boost moral. Right?

To what degree does Nolan prop up this myth?

Never personally seen except for the very end. They're dicks, as they release all these 'fuck you' pamphlets over Dunkirk in the opening shit to demoralize troops. Their planes bomb the shit out of just about every escape method.

As a nazi, will I enjoy this movie?

>Harry Styles
Did Nolan actually want people to watch this?

It's out in France

>Tom Hardy does the Bane voice
mmmmh

i had the same thought, but he's not a bad actor actually

desu i really only care about seeing Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy

was the one direction kid ok or was it jarring

This. It looks like its free of (((their))) influence but still nazis could've been portrayed as evil cause of normies.

There's a Henkel bomber that fucks some shit up and messerschmits. The real kicker was the stukas though. People next to me covered their ears when those things began their dives. Good stuff.

Other than not much else a nazi would find enjoyable as you don't see much of them.

>what people think happened at Dunkirk was just propaganda created by the British government to boost moral.
So your saying there wasn't an amphibious evacuation undertaken by the Royal Navy an a bunch of civilian ships?

Those Heinkel machineguns sounds were kino. Seeing those dogfights with real WW2 planes was something (now every planes in movies have to be fucking CGI)

how good where germans in dogfight?

You can't win against Big Guy.

Three crashed planes, two survivors, one caught

oh boi

Fine, i honestly wouldn't have known who the fuck he was if my girlfriend hadn't pointed it out to me.

>girlfriend

what the fuck is that?

that kid who got pushed on the stairs and died
that dude who drowned because he couldn't find the ladder
lol

I'm sad the Frenchman didnt make it, i liked him.

Can someone just greentext the whole plot pls

I was ready to drop the film because I thought the kid was just being waay too dramatic about a small injury but then he just died. Weird shit.

>young soldiers try to escape the beach
>pilots gun down German airplanes
>civilians rescue soldiers from the beach
>the pilot is the son of the civilian on the rescue boat
>the young lads escape the beach
>this does not happen at the same time

>evacuating 400 000 men is a logistical pain in the ass but those brits manage it good enough

Just go spend some time on Sup Forums. You'll learn to love Germans again.

i was honestly put off with the writing when one of the soldiers said it's just so crazy it might work!

i hope nolan doesn't expect an oscar for this shit

>muh defeat in victory/epik dunkirk spirit post-war atrocity propaganda blockbuster
>muh stabbing our former french ally in the back during operation catapult just because he made peace with germany
>muh losing 100% of our colonies after two world wars but at least we firebombed some german cities in the process

Does Dunkike portray how the Anglos thanked the French for protecting their retreat by bombing the French fleet at mers el kebir? I thought not.

Hitler made a genuine and liberal peace offer to Britain on August 25, 1939; he permitted the British to escape at Dunkirk to encourage Britain to make peace, which later on cost him the war in North Africa.
Hitler had advanced and cut off France and Britain at the English Channel in Dunkirk in just 7 weeks, at which point he just let them go. Hitler spent most of his time trying to put a stop to the ever encroaching Red Menace. Between Lenin and Stalin 40,000,000 Russians and Eastern Europeans died at the hands of the Bolsheviks. This is for thought crimes, not WWII - This is what communism will get you. Hitler's main concern was to stop the advancement of communism, and protect Europe from the Bolshevik advances. For the sake of Capitalism and Free Enterprise, Hitler meant to put a stop to it. Most are brainwashed into thinking Hitler was a "Monster". But it was European agression, much like today, who poked and prodded Hitler into war by allowing over 50,000 German nationals to be exterminated in Poland.

Read up on carpert bombings in Berlin and Dresden if you think the Allies were the good guys. Ask the Red Cross how many died in these so-called concentration camps - The only professional count ever taken.

Try 271,301. That's everyone. Most of the deaths were from Typhus, thus the Zyclon-B for delousing. More Jews were living in Europe AFTER WWII than before the war started.

Everything you were taught was wrong.

The constant suspense was great, wasnt a typical war movie filled with action but more like the real deal where it's 80% waiting for something to go to hell and it's killing you slowly inside.

Please go away

de.metapedia.org/wiki/Operation_Catapult

Operation Catapult was the codename of an enterprise of the British navy in the Second World War, on July 3, 1940, in front of the port town of Mers el Kebir, near the city of Oran in Algeria. The French fleet, which had just been allied with England until recently, was attacked by the Royal Navy on command of Churchills in its ports, in order to force or destroy it for the warfare of Great Britain. There were over 1,300 dead and 350 wounded Frenchmen.

>Britcowards in charge of producting propaganda films

DO IT AGAIN BOMBER HARRIS!

Yeah youre preaching to the choir dude.

I watched thegreateststorynevertold, but i still wanna see the kike propaganda

Hope you enjoy your women getting mass-raped by pajeets and hadjis, cuck

There were a few hack lines in that. Especially at the end

[spoilers]"Well done boys, well done."
"All we did was survive."
"That's enough."[/spoiler]

Felt like they wrote that shit specifically for high-schoolers to end their inevitable essays on when they have to deconstruct this shitheap.

>he says this when the USA is 56% white
lmao

Coolest part?

Is the opening scene exactly what we saw in the IMAX prologue?

boohoohoo poor widdle nazis

There isn't a single german combatant on screen for the movie.

Let's give a round of applause to Hitler and the Germans for being responsible for the deaths of more white people than any pajeets or hadjis friend

Big guy crashing the german bomber

Fuucck off Sup Forums

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeee: the post

63% as of 2010.

But I wouldn't be surprised if 56% is where it's at now. Or even less than that.

Cry some more cuck

you do realize that WW2 was all propaganda used to sell guns and movies, right? or are you that much of a pathetic sheep?

Hollywood has been making WW2 movies for 60 years and r/the_donald just learned about it?

So the focus is all on the anglos? Nothing about germans of french?

they've been redpilled by 6-hour poorly made youtube docs like this goof

I should discuss this on /tg/ at least there the Sup Forums posters are removed for derailing everything.

The germans aren't shown, the french are mentioned

You got that French blockade in the beginning blasting at everything.

>imgur filename
OwO

That guy here and not Sup Forums. The civilian effort to save British troops is greatly exaggerated and pretty much never happened. Some civilian vessels were however jacked without the owners permission by the royal navy with navy sailors at the helm.

Also the French pretty much did all the fighting on land.

The French are portrayed sympathetically. At the beginning, they allow our main British protagonist to pass through a blockade in Dunkirk's streets and wish him good luck, before defending against heavy gunfire by unseen Germans.

They are part of a rabble trying to get on board the only ship leaving Dunkirk, carrying wounded soldiers. They're held back by officers claiming the ship is British and for British only, and they'll just have to board a French one when it comes.

Later, suspicion falls on a soldier who has been traveling with the protagonist soldier, and hasn't had any lines. They're caught in a ship's hold surrounded by Germans, and the group begins to suspect he's a German spy. He eventually speaks with a French accent, showing he's just a scared soldier like the rest who wants to escape, and knew he'd have no chance on British ships if he spoke up.

the pilot is not the son. his son died in the early weeks of the war, the brother tells the pilot. there really is no twist. it's just that the pilot symphatizes with the old man