Classic SciFi stuff YOU'D KILL FOR to get a decent remake of

Gonna start with Raumpatrouille Orion / Space Patrol Orion, a German scifi classic from 1966. Had nice ideas, good sfx & sets for its time (same era as Star Trek TOS), awesome soundtrack. Would really like to see a proper remake of that.

>In the series, nations no longer exist and Earth is united. Flying saucers, such as spaceship Orion, are flown by humans, whilst the aliens fly fighter jet-like aircraft. The titular ship of the series title, "Spaceship Orion", (German: "Raumschiff Orion") is portrayed as being a fast space cruiser (German: Schneller Raumkreuzer), the newest starship in mankind's fleet and the fastest spacecraft ever created by humans.
>The show tells the story of Commander Cliff Allister McLane (Dietmar Schönherr), an Earth starship captain and his loyal crew. He is Orion's commander in the developing war against an alien race called the Frogs. He is notoriously defiant towards his superiors.

First Episode (with ENG subs):
youtube.com/watch?v=vJI4J92Btis

OST:
youtube.com/watch?v=F-p5A_GislM

I'm going to post some additional pics of crew & ship as well as some of the set & sfx creations and other related stuff in this thread.

Which classic SciFi series / movies would you like to see reborn?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1vj5g5CrIpA
youtube.com/watch?v=E8m5wvhkEGY
youtube.com/watch?v=M07ltuAYqzc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is one of the original models of the Orion btw. They built 3 models in different sizes (between 30cm & 1,6m), made out of wood, aluminum & plexiglas.

Shot of the bridge without crew.

>As the series' budget was comparatively low, the set designers resorted to using modified common everyday objects; for instance, electric irons, inverted clock pendulums, washing-machine console parts and designer pencil sharpeners were used as props control panels, sewing thread coils and banana plugs as futuristic machine parts, and plastic cups as ceiling lights.

>Orion's cockpit was a 2.50m high, 10m wide interior set, built within a 28m exterior diameter sound stage. It stood on a 60 cm high metal tube construction to hide the 10,000m cable harness that connected its 3,200 flashing light bulbs to a 40 kg, electric motor-driven pinned-barrel mechanical sequencer.

The Orion starting from the underwater homebase on Earth.

To create this effect the producers used a bowl of water, a fizzy tablet and placed the tiniest of the ship models in front of the bowl.

Too bad I don't know how they made the landing & starting sequences on the ocean here

Some fan also made an LCARS version / diagram of the Orion.

Obligatory shuttle missions.

Including vacuum cleaners.

How to simulate a supernova in 1960s Bavaria:
>Get wooden ball
>Hang it on a steel cord
>Pour fire accelerant over it
>Fire on

Result here, on collision course with Earth (of course). Damn frogs.

Another movie of Yamato.

youtube.com/watch?v=1vj5g5CrIpA

Red Rising series needs a good hbo style series.

For the love of god, please no remake.
Raumpatrouille is about the last decent Sci-Fi related memory of my childhood that has not been tainted by the cancer that are unnecessary sequels and remakes. Also it would be next to impossible to make a Sci-Fi movie / show with a decent budget in todays Germany. Just thinking about how the Bundes-Filmförderung would react to that pitch is hillarious.

you are hardcore

you make me hard

you guys should stop putting 'bundes-' in front of everything, it looks stupid and bland and democratic. i much prefer 'reichs-'

oh a joke about the 3rd reich, how original!
let me guess, you think racism is funny as well?

how many layers of irony are you on lad

Fuck the cucked, cancerous and almost non existant german film industry and their federal minions then. Let professionals do it instead.

Why just 1 season with 7 episodes?
>Yet another impediment might have been that the controllers in charge at the state television channel ARD feared accusations of an excess of "militarism" and a portrayal of a system "akin to fascism". While this might seem far-fetched for Americans, this issue was and is very sensitive in Germany with regards to the past history of the country, and executive producer Helmut Krapp admitted that the issue was considered and taken seriously
Th-Thanks antifa!

German Space 1999

all the german professionals went to hollywood.
Roland Emmerich and his contemporaries rebooting Orion would be a nightmare.

Also you severely overestimate the antifa.

That's what I meant, let Hollywood do it. Emmerich would do a great job too. I'm quite sure however that he wouldn't do any kind of series though.

>Classic SciFi stuff YOU'D KILL FOR to get a decent remake of
Space: Above and Beyond

THIS X1000
Loved that as a kid, it was like a space opera tv series on war acid with strong Starship Troopers vibes, till the suits killed it...
FUCKING REBOOT WHEN?
youtube.com/watch?v=E8m5wvhkEGY

>tfw things like S:AAB are considered scifi "classics"

I'd like to see a remake of The Martian Chronicles but with an all diverse cast of womyn and POC

GIB REMAKE NOW

I just want more Farscape.

Helmutt Krapp lol

TV KINO
youtube.com/watch?v=M07ltuAYqzc

>Classic SciFi stuff YOU'D KILL FOR to get a decent remake of
Literally what the fuck are you talking about? Just watch the fucking film you pleb. Sageing nonsense before you give anyone ideas.