These are great days we're living, bros. We are jolly green giants, walking the Earth with guns...

>These are great days we're living, bros. We are jolly green giants, walking the Earth with guns. These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting.

What did he mean by this?

civilians are subhumans

War is hell, he has been totally desensitised to violence. When he returns home he will struggle to settle into his normal life due to all of the trauma that he has seen and death he has caused.

>you will never experience the Vietnam War.

Name of movie?

Saving Priavte Ryan

It's Born on the Fourth of July you tard

Gettysburg

army god

Causalities of War

>all fucking niggers must fucking hang

What did Animal Mother mean by this?

Firebase.

Paths of glory

He respected the hell out of the enemy. On a side note do you guys believe the whole animal mother is actually private Pyle thing or is it just some whack film theory with no barring?

That all African Americans must fucking hang.

Niggers is a derogotary term for black people.

Some Folks Are Born

How did he get away saying that in front of a negro? Was the black guy deaf?

>85181081
It was a different time user, he knew his place and accepted it.
Fortunately we live in more tolerant and enlightened times

It's an interesting interpretation, but I dont think it was ever intentional, but it works thematically.

Because animal mother is a fine human being under fire.

Weekend at Nyun's

"Charlie Dont Surf!"

>easy just dont lead them as much, ain't war hell!!

What did he unironically and literally mean by this?

When aiming at woman and children you don't lead them as much because they run slower than the adults.
Ain't war hell is an ironic declaration because he is having a great time.

>Ain't war hell is an ironic declaration

Are you fucking blind, he asked for the unironic meaning?

>tfw no M60E1

It's from Platoon. Don't listen to the others.

You made me laugh so have your (you) you cunt

When aiming at a moving target you shoot ahead of them to compensate. This is called "leading" the target.
Women and kids run slower, so you wouldnt need to give them as much lead.
The joke being their ethical question is answered as if it was a practical one. Followed up by him joyously shouting "Ain't war hell."
I think Kubrick was trying to suggest something about the duality of man. The jungian thing.

Half Plastic Vest

Why is there no movies like Full Metal Jacket?
It's perfect

Problem Child 2

Starship Troopers

Transformers 2

I met this guy a few months ago.

He said they went through like 5 machine guns because they had to reshoot this scene over and over and over again to get it right. The barrels would overheat and the gun would have to be replaced.

He's made a living since then off of this 2 minute scene.

Fake quotes are becoming less and less funny

Oh he also said he was initially brought on to be the drill instructor but they went with Ermey instead. They felt bad having this dude fly all the way out there so they gave him the door gunner role.

What do you mean? Go watch paths of glory or spartacus if you want another Kubrick war film.
Otherwise platoon and apocalypse now are tied with this for best of it aint me core.

jlmdimsa

Bants. You're missing out if you don't have a friend who you can insult in the most disgusting ways without both of you knowing you don't give a shit and laughing.

Don't know if bait

This desu. No one even tries anymore, they're barely related to the source at all.

Good, he deserves it.

Arnold Schwarzenegger turned down the role of Animal Mother to play in the running man.

Imagine Arnie in this movie.

Both films are better off for based Arnie's decision.

I can't imagine turning down Kubrick though

I had no idea Raimi went uncredited for this film.

GET SOME. GET SOME.

You uncultured non-military fags with sheltered middle class lives and one token black friend should stop talking. They were friends and were bonded together by war. That's how he got away with saying it.

What said.

We Were Soldiers

you dumb fuck the second one is a quote from the film

The Fortunate Sons

Ain't Me

fun fact, Raimi directed both of these scenes

They had to reshoot the scene so many times they eventually ran out of Vietnamese villagers and had to shoot the scene in a fresh location

It's none of those

War has changed them into killing machines, and as horrifying as it is, killing is the greatest thrill and pleasure those soldiers will ever experience. He's thanking the enemy for giving him that thrill of shooting them, and thanking them for making the shooting justifiable by being the enemy.

The Thin Red Line

Hacksaw Ridge, ignore the rest

>get some
>dakka
>get some get some
>dakka dakka

he's just doing his job

>GET SOME
>dakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakka

ok, hes mental

because the girl said "She say too beaucoup, too beaucoup" which makes white bois mad, because they know even Vietnamese women know about the BBC. And then the black guy shows her the alamaba BLACK SNAKE and she realized what she's missing. Animal Mother got irritated and had to take away her from the black guy.

>These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know.
"I don't discriminate Vietnamese"

I don't know why people have to say that.

>killing is the greatest thrill and pleasure those soldiers will ever experience.
Seek help.

Jarhead

Because they are both under bigger threat from Vietnamese. The black people know that working with a white racist is in favor of their survival

Full metal jacket

Duston Checks ' Em

Checked

ya those BAR guns were notoriously shit.

Half Plastic Poncho

Still don't understand why people think the 2nd part of FMJ isn't as good as the first?