What does Sup Forums think of Knight of Cups?

What does Sup Forums think of Knight of Cups?

Unironically one of his best

hehehhe knight of KEKS more like

An autobiographical meditation on vice vs. virtue, carnal pleasures vs spiritual love, money vs poetry, from a deeply Christian philosophy erudite from Texas, who has struggled with finding his place in the Jewified degenerate capital and is still crying everyday about his suicidial mariachi brother and harsh father. Experimental editing to evoke fragments of memories, intimate thoughts as prayers or confessions to evoke universal feelings, interweaving the micro and the macro. Just like tree of life opened with a story about nature vs grace, the pearl parable is about this constant struggle and quest to be a better man in this meaningless world; the pearl is the spark (thin red line), the grace (tol), the wonder (to the wonder)
Terry admits in this flick that he's too fascinated with beauty, as he views it as the closest thing we wingless beasts have to reaching heaven; even though beauty is really the devil's temptation to make us shallow. He's a sinner and a hypocrite and he knows it. Bums and cripples are ugly and he knows they don't really belong alongside his perfume ads aestheticsand Hollywood actors. He knows Hollywood is Jewish hell but he still stays there and accepts their money because he loves shooting pretty Jewish actresses and their feetsies. He knows its a real struggle. It's an admission of guilt

>tfw you want to follow the way of Grace but Nature keeps pulling you back down
>tfw you want to be brought back to the Wonder but the Wonder is forever fleeting
>tfw the only way to be happy is to love, but love brings more pain than happiness
>tfw you'll never find the pearl
>tfw you wanna be like the monk but are closer to the pimp
>tfw you're a dog chasing a tennis ball in a swimming pool
>tfw Hershlag will never tell you to open your mouth

Begin

Batter than To the Wonder, but not as good as Tree of Life. Waiting to see where Song to Song fits into Malick's *modern* oeuvre

It's shit. Song to Song is shit. Both should have been edited into a single movie just to save time.

>Waiting to see where Song to Song fits into Malick's *modern* oeuvre
What do you mean? It's out, and it's far better than Knight of Cups.

is that some rëddit shit?

Articulate a valid argument for why either of them are "shit".

>What do you mean?
It means, I haven't seen it yet and I'm waiting to judge it for myself.

>doesn't know malick
You're reddit, you spewing pleb.

TTW>KOC>STS

ENHANCE

It was garbage

song to song is just random footage he shot over a few years.

>it's far better than Knight of Cups

What's his fucking problem?

Getting really tired of Chivo's shit
Yes it's beautiful but so repetitive and 4 semi autobiographical navel-gazing modern flicks in a row with no script and the exact same style is obscenely lazy self-parody
I'm glad Terry's working with another DP for the next one

that's fine, narrative isn't necessarily the only thing I'm looking for

The New World sucked

I was catching up on his new shit because I haven't seen anything since the thin red line. tree of life was good, but knight of cups was dogshit. couldn't stand this pointless persona Christian bale was portraying.

it's shit