Just saw Dunkirk, AMA

Just saw Dunkirk, AMA

Was it good? Give it a rating out of 100

Awesometacular or good time no alcohol required

It was alright, 6/10
Just a generic war movie told in the same way like Gus Van Sants "Elephant"... The story itself is really boring and predictable as fuck but the way it shifts from each characters perspective was interesting, at least for a normal viewer. it was probably the only good thing apart from the usual qualities you get from a Nolan movie. Its not his best, its not the best ww2 movie, its not the best 2017 movie, its not the best tom hardy movie, and harry styles is in it, so yeah

you are an absolute idiot.
it was in no way a conventional war movie and the comparison with elephant proves to be that you are a stupid fuck that resorts to
>oh dude it's nonlinear just like in that other movie
just so you can have the movie feel familiar and not be totally alienated by it.
i'm sorry that nothing pleases people like you, I truly am, but to call this fairly innovative approach to a war movie that concentrates on the experience instead of the MUH HEROISM and MUH WAR GORE just "another war movie" is literally retarded.
kys

Then why does wotten toe-ma-tos have a 97% rating for it then

go back to imdb faggot.

kys

>story based on real historical event is predictable

HOLY SHIT STOP THE PRESSES

Does it have loads of ordinary bongs sailing their little boats across the sea and make a big deal of it when it never really happened that way?

Looking forward to the film, but that's likely to be my main nitpick.

how many memes can we squeeze out it?

why did Nolan make a movie about the massive britibong cowardice and failure and immense german mercy in letting these people go? what did he mean by this?

>predictable as fuck
you don't fucking say? It's almost like it actually happened

It literally is told the same way like elephant is? It portrays an event in which we already know the outcome, but tells the story leading to the climax by following each group of characters and how their actions affect the overall story. It isn't that innovative at all, but i would understand why normies and nolanfags would think so though.

imax? 70mm?

How does he get away with it?

Is it diverse? I'm not seeing it unless it's 50% diversity

>french & british unprepared so only logical decision is to retreat and ready for war
>french hold off german army whilst british retreat
>massive german mercy
What you smoking.

It's almost like it's a directors job to make the story more interesting and exciting when choosing to base a story off a real event, right??? although i would say he kind of succeeded in doing so, it is no way near worthy of it's praise. This movie is NOT deserving of a rating over 9, and anybody who tells you otherwise has aids

can I fap to it?

it's called non-linear storytelling you stupid fuck, that's not what's innovative about the movie. nolan has been doing non-linear shit since he literally started making movies.

unlike other ww2 movies, this didn't feel like a anti-german propaganda movie, more like a war movie in the englishmens perspective. I don't even think they showed one nazi until one of the last scenes. also, the english soldiers consisted almost entirely of skinnyfat white tennagers except for the pilots.

>skinnyfat white tennagers
so it's pretty accurate then

>Just a generic war movie told in the same way like Gus Van Sants "Elephant"...
lol

>All these butthurt Nolan cock suckers

>Just a generic war movie told in the same way like Gus Van Sants "Elephant"
I LOVED ELEPHANT! I WISH MORE MOVIES HAD THAT FEEL

Thanks OP you just saved me from watching this. Gonna watch Valerian instead this weekend.

>told in the same way like Gus Van Sants "Elephant"
sounds interesting enough

what's innovative about it then?

see the movie. I found the approach pretty refreshing for a war film. it really is an experience and it captures that dread and desperation to survive really well. cinematography is also very good, and by good I don't mean just pretty. it's good in a competent sense too.

>cinematography is also very good, and by good I don't mean just pretty. it's good in a competent sense too.
hard to believe this is coming from a Nolan film

What are your favorite films?

Since its PG-13, is there literally any blood/ graphic content? A war movie needs blood to be effective

1. À bout de souffle (1960, Godard)
2. 七人の侍 (1954, Kurosawa)
3. Höstsonaten (1978, Bergman)
4. The Birth of a Nation (1915, Griffith)
5. L 'Arme Fatale (1987, Donner)
6. 黒い河 (1957, Kobayashi)
7. Le Dernier Samaritain (1991, Scott)
8. Lost River (2014, Gosling)
9. โรงแรมนรก (1957, Pestonji)
10. Mauvais Garçons (1995, Bay)

How bad do the nazi's lose?

More importantly how's the diversity? :)

You gotta get off the internet for today

No "Get out"
>disregarded your opinions desu

Lost river, my man!

What's the movie about?

thanks for this review

hmm compelling

koyaanisqatsi, close-up, 2001, persona and mirror, Favorite war movie is apocalypse now i guess

is the horrors of war & the suffering of men Beautiful or is this some bullshit propaganda about how evil the " what ever group " was and how love and friendship can save the day

I just today found out Harry Styles was in this, did he suck?

not really but it felt a little out of place