Why did he sell methamphetamine when he owned fast food restaurants from New Mexico to Nevada?

Why did he sell methamphetamine when he owned fast food restaurants from New Mexico to Nevada?

He sold fried chicken and drugs. How is that not the ultimate dream?

Because he needed his payday too.

Because of the thrill of living on the edge of death and life. Because of the addiction of power.

It was a front

Because then entire fucking show was one dull, dragged out Daedalus and Icarus parallel

>Higher margins/greed.
>Matter of principle (he hated the cartel/Eladio/Salamanca, etc because they killed his friend and disputed gay lover).

He was the best character. Shouldn't have died. Would like to see a spin off about his mysterious past in Chile. Anyone know more about it?

Because some men would rather be billionaires rather than millionaires.

Also, you gotta understand his chicken franchise was a front for his drug business. He NEVER would have had the chain to begin with if he wasn't making cash hand over fist from meth. Wasn't he like a man that owned a chicken restaurant in fucking Peru or something originally? And likely he probably never even would have ONE restaurant let alone a global franchise without his meth revenue.

Just like Ron Jon's surf shop. My family lived in Cocoa Beach from the 50s up until just to 2000, just a few blocks from what once was a little hut that sold surfboards and rarely had anyone in the store.... But the 80s cocaine boom was good for business.... the owner was basically a real American Gus Fring.

>Anyone know more about it?
he sucked a lot of dick

He started in drugs, he got chicken franchises for laundering.

Because he wanted to kill the cartel guys

This

Money's reason is money.

Why do billonaire CEOs keep destroying small business? Why do bank owners keep cucking the common man even if they are already rich beyond imagination? Why do rich politicians steal our tax money?

cause niggers like drugs and chicken

he's a nigger they have to commit crimes

Ron Jons surf shop used to be a little hotel/bungelow, my family owned it until they sold it to two Cubans that turned it into a surf shop and sold coke out of it. Jon got deported, Ron is still here.

No back in Chile his past is shrouded in mystery. Salamanca mocks him as "grand generalissimo" or "big general." In a flashback scene when him and his friend are trying to introduce meth as the successor to cocaine for the Mexican cartel, Salamanca kills his friend and Eladio tells him the "only reason you're alive in because I know who you are, but remember you are not in Chile anymore." Or something like that. Hank, when looking into Gus's past can't find any record of him in Chila either. So it's widely speculated that Fring was someone powerful, maybe in the military with connection to the Pinochet regime.

What's happening with Payday nowadays?

he was branching

All dlc is rolled into a single ultimate edition, all future dlc will be free. Updates will continue on until the end of next year.

What a weird lie to tell.

Interesting. I've never met anyone who knew the exact particulars. I mean, did the government actually ever crack down on them? It seems like though everyone knew it was a front for 80s cocaine importation, it was never officially exposed.

What are the conditions of Jon's deportation, I can't even find any mentioning of the other partner on any official records.

I would guess, that they probably had all significant local authorities heavily paid off to be raking in such enormous sums of cash without interference.

It's obviously a huge tourist attraction but there was obviously a time (back in the 80s) when it didn't seem to make much cash on their overpriced surf gear and had a lot of shady cokeheads hanging around their small building.

Seeing the palatial building that now stands there is mind boggling because it didn't used to be too much of anything at all. Everyone talks about how it's a coke front....

He's memeing. There is no Jon.

It's not really a lie. My family is from cocoa beach and we all knew Ron Jon's owner's were heavily involved in the cocaine boom of the 70s and 80s... Everyone knows it but no one knew the particulars....

It's like Studio 54 back in the 70s, everyone knew it was majorly involved in drug trafficking from the owners down.... but it could never be proven and the authorities would turn a blind eye.

JonĀ“s Surf and Smurf

>It's not really a lie

Everything you said here is false.

Because it's profitable as fuck, and the fast food places were just a front. Also he was in deep with madrigal.

No, it's the other way around. He owned fast food restaurants *because* he sold meth. It's called a tax front. This is covered in the show

kek le mem

Please explain the Daedalus/Icarus parallel. Maybe I'm too stupid to grasp where you're coming from. Or you just love throwing out greek references to sound educated. Who knows?

my dad owned Chuck's Feed and Seed before he sold it to Sneed.
AMA

I think it was a bad parallel intended to sound smart, but he's saying it's a tale of someone who flew to close to the sun and had a dramatic fall.

How did these guys know what Walt looked like?

They're adding some Jews for their last paid DLC

why did they crawl to the shrine?

As already mentioned a front for his drug dealings. Also you can make all kinds of money from drugs for some time but if you don't have a W2 or a legit tax return you will get taken down.

why is their a yellow filter over that scene?

If you read the interviews with Vince Gilligan it's clear he has no idea how to write a good story. He was writing good tv and that's it, he did it episode by episode. When he felt he had to justify how the series ended, I felt betrayed. Anyone who read or seen any Arthur Miller plays knows that it was a tragedy. Everything in the show was a revival of Death of a Salesman type ending. The part I didn't like was that they would play the same card, it's a new drug lord out to get our woobie MC because meth reasons.

In Mexico the entire country is saturated in piss.

This. He was a drug dealer way before he was an entrepreneur.

That. He sold narcotics prior to opening a chain of restaurants.