Was it objectively good, or was it just nostalgia?

Was it objectively good, or was it just nostalgia?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hZp3meyWVm0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ALL

THE

CATHOLICS

ARE

DEAD

It was good

it was shit just like the original

Here is the junkie kino you were searching for:

youtube.com/watch?v=hZp3meyWVm0

Trainspotting was shit.

It was absolute trash, why is this even being asked?

Holy shit I knew Sup Forums had bad taste but how can you even consider whether this was a good movie or not? It's fucking terrible.

It was good cunt, n ow jog on

For an an unnecessary sequel that no one was asking for, it was alright.

Begby wanting to kill Mark all those years later made it a little too dark. (Who would give a shit about 4 grand from 20 years ago?)

I don't think he cared about the money user.
More so the fact that he was betrayed and went to jail.

Yeah, you're probably right. But after 20 years, you figured he'd just let it go. It would have been more interesting having him get out, and not be a murderer.

its only a good movie because of the orange pub and seeing the characters again.

there was no actual purpose to the story at all

>IT'S OVER ANAKIN, I'M HIGH ON THE GROUND

how did George get away with that?

it was ok but not i'd watch it again like the first one ok

Got a but SJW-ey for me, especially the ending.

I liked that it openly flaunted the characters being nostalgic for the wild events from the first film, which is exactly what would happen to a bunch of 40 year olds who had a wild youth.

I like it more than the first one, that one is overrated
LoL

The George best scene is one of the best scenes from movies this year

I thought it was good, felt more like a treat for T1 fans than its own movie, like a postscript.
Turning Begbie into a straight-up murderer was kind of weird, and was my biggest problem. Other characters were well-done.
Lacked some of the dark comedy from the first but generally kept the tone successfully.

> SJW-ey

what? because it had a positive emotional ending instead of being all doom and gloom?

how the fuck is that "SJW-ey" as opposed to you just being emotionally stunted?

So Spud was just a self insert of Irvine Welsh?

it was very good, but its impact is probably lost on the 20 something millennials who make up the majority of this board. I'm not saying that in a derogatory manner, just a reality that the themes in this film resonate a lot more with older people, especially those who saw the original trainspotting in their own youth.

Its not trying to be a re-tread of the first one, and nor should it be.

Well, there was the moment in the bar when Mark goes on his rant mentioning antisemitism, feminism, etc.
In fact the the character Veronika was unecessary. I honestly wanted to see a more dynamic interaction between the friends- pain from betrayal, nostalgia, etc. from the original but Veronika kept having the spotlight shifted toward her, especially in the ending.

>Well, there was the moment in the bar when Mark goes on his rant mentioning antisemitism, feminism, etc.

the purpose of the rant is to convey the time Mark has wasted and the regret he feels over worrying about frivolities and distractions instead of maintaining relationships. Its similar to the rant in the first film, highlighting the cultural memes of the time. Its not a "rant" per se about how much he hates antisemitism or slut shaming etc.

> veronika was unecessary

shes overplayed, but I dont know if shes unecessary, boyle is making commentary about masculinity and preoccupation with the self, it seems sensible the easiest contrast is against a female character.

The fact that they actually thought performing the "choose life" monologue out loud, to another person, was a good idea shows how little respect they had for the original film.

Fuck this movie. It should have ended with the first one. Probably the most necessary sequel since planes 2.

Original was a masterpiece.

Sequel was shit.

If you don't agree go watch imbds top superhero movies you absolute plebs.