Little girl disguising as an old man

>little girl disguising as an old man

What the fuck is this shit? When did GoT jump the shark?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NrucjhY-mfs
awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Shadow_assassin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the real jump the shark moment was when the witch gave birth to a shadow demon

it was a pure deus ex machina and was fucking stupid

It worked. This didn't.

>the real jump the shark moment was when the witch gave birth to a shadow demon

>magic in a medieval fantasy setting where magic exists is jumping the shark

u wot m8

>When did GoT jump the shark?

>there is no way to get into this camp
>there is no way to kill this man
>oh wait i can give birth to a shadow demon that can kill him instantly, this has never been brought up before and never will be again and is just a convenient way to resolve an issue i'm not able to resolve with good writing

It was brought up again by Stannis, but Melisandre dismisses it with something like "it doesn't work that way". I'm sure it is better explained in the books.

Well, I should have just Googled before making my previous reply:

Stannis asks Melisandre to make him another "son" to slay Joffrey as well as Robb Stark. However, she refuses him, explaining that creating a Shadow drains some of a man's life energy, and she fears that if Stannis attempts to create another with her it will kill him.[5] Instead, she has Gendry brought to Dragonstone, since he also has king's blood, being the son of Robert Baratheon, using him for the leech ritual which is less effective than the shadows but which possibly leads to the deaths of Joffrey, Robb and Balon Greyjoy.

youtu.be/NrucjhY-mfs

>I'm sure it is better explained in the books.
It's actually not better explained in the books, Melisandre is one of my biggest problems with these novels. Just magic bullshit out of nowhere as an excuse to easily kill off one of the coolest characters.

What you read there was probably added for the TV series because Martin is a fucking hack.

I'm not up to the latest Sup Forums memes, what the fuck means jump the shark.

>Just magic bullshit out of nowhere
It's a fantasy series with dragons and unicorns and shiet.
>as an excuse to easily kill off one of the coolest characters.
A renlyfag? Truely, i've seen it all now.

The fuck? Jump the shark is a really old phrase referring to an episode of Happy Days where the Fonz literally jumped over a shark. It's used to mean the point where the series ran out of ideas and had to start resorting to ridiculous shit.

Sounds like you're probably ESL from the way you phrased your post so I think that's more likely to blame for you not knowing this phrase. It's understandable, just don't blame it on memes next time.

Jumping the shark comes from Happy Days, not recent at all.

I don't know about the TV series but Renly was cool in the books.

And it's a fantasy series but one that mostly managed to avoid the sword and sorcery bullshit in favor of being more realistic and political.

They jumped the shark when they passed the books timeline.

This faceless god shit is fucking retarded and is easily my least favorite part of this entire series I wish the hound would have raped aria to death in that cottage instead of stealing from those random peasants. He could still feel remorse and then I wouldn't have to look at this girl and follow her stupid fucking nonsense magic storyline.

>Game of Thrones
>Realistic

Do normies really believe this?

>showfag wiki in charge of not being retarded

Yes, that was the shows explanation but from the books:

A Clash of Kings
>The effect of Melisandre's sorcery on Stannis is significant. He appears to have aged years after siring a shadow assassin on her. Davos notices that his eyes are like dark blue bruises in the hollows of his face.

A Storm of Swords
>Melisandre visits Davos in his prison in Dragonstone. She tells him that shadows only live when given birth by light. She admits to him that Stannis's fires now burn so low that she dare not draw off any more to make another son, as it might well kill him. She indicates she can make more shadow assassins with another man, implying Davos, but the prisoner rejects her offer, believing their union would only result in a horror. Davos holds fast to the Faith of the Seven instead of Melisandre's god, R'hllor.

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Shadow_assassin

GoT probably jumped the shark around when they added those very faceless men. They are an absurd plot device that make no sense whatsoever within the context of their world. For all the babble about how aragorn collects his taxes, you'd think he'd recognize how impossible it would be for the world he imagined to exist while such an organization does. These guys could've wiped out all the targaryens in an evening and should be ruling the world.

How does she do his voice?
How does she fill out his body mass?

Maybe that'll be the big reveal. Everyone is just a man in a mask.

You don't know what a deus ex machina is.

dude magic lmao

Summer detected

>Renly was cool in the books
Debatable. I can see why some might see it that way though.
>And it's a fantasy series but one that mostly managed to avoid the sword and sorcery bullshit in favor of being more realistic and political
The prologue of the first book had Ice Fairies killing a man with their magic sword then raising him as a zombie.

Thanks, I used to browse Sup Forums around 2015-2016 and never saw the term and also I'm not from the US

The problem is the source material
GoT books are way over rated and full of retarded fantasy elements thrown in just to distinguish them from LOTR or medieval history.

Added onto the fact the show is being handled by utterly incompetent screenwriters means the magic/fantasy elements that go outside or beyond the books just get more and more rediculous

book answer is the faceless men have some type of super glamour spell thing that has to do with the faces they cut off. Mel says glamours caesar with bonerface's bones because they're required as totems, so presumably faces are a really good totem.
lel showfag, they caused the doom of valyria.

asoiaf books are lowbrow fun.
the show is fucking trash.

Season 2 was the last decent season. Once Muh Magic, Daenrys plot armor and Berries & Cream guy it was all downhill from there.

>they caused the doom of valyria
Wasn't it a poisonous volcano or some shit? And if they're so powerful as to bring down Valyria why don't they take over the world again?

Nobody knows what caused the doom. He's bullshitting.

They're a highly nuisanced assassin deathcult, do you have any idea what the overhead is on an operation like that?
nothing is confirmed obviously but it's implied they may have had a hand in the outcome

Fucking this. Literally the most autistic thing you can do in the middle of a battle is take your fucking shirt off, take out two knives, and stand in front of your much better armed allies. Amplified by the fact that he as a noble should really be nowhere near a battle like that. This and the fight with the Sand Sneks stand out as really stupid, unrealistic fights for the sake of "le epic moments xD".

bravo

How long did she have to pretend to be the old man? It would at least be a month between the end of the feast where the real one was killed and organising the new one.

Basically what I'm asking is did she lez out with the old mans teenage wife on the regular to keep up the disguise. Maybe gotten a little carried away and spent days just pounding away her with her big wax silly-willy.

I seriously dont fucking understand the GoT hate, let me get this straight...you want logic or things to make sense in A FUCKING SHOW THAT TAKES PLACE IN A MAGICAL LAND?

Please go fuck yourselves, do you people think you are watching Gladiator? Wake the fuck up, I watch the show because I enjoy it but im not a fanboy, yeah shit that doesnt make sense happens deal with it, if you dont like it go watch real historical drama and shut your fucking mouths.

fucking redditors leaking out of their containment general again

This is the moment GoT died.

are you high? Sup Forums is at its best when there are MULTIPLE GoT threads

Never went to reddit in my life, my favorite show is 24 ALL SEASONS, so go fuck yourself.

>Only historical drama has to follow basic plot structure
(you) at least got me with your bait. So congratulations I guess.

how embarrassing

For you...

Game of Thrones jumped the shark in episode 9 of season 1.

>killing the main character
>not even waiting until the finale

No one's asking for realism you sperg, just a consistent universe.

>24 ALL SEASONS
user...

No YOU are the sperg, you expect a "consistent" unverse with rules, characters, etc, well guess what? In real life people straight up die or vanish, that happens its not like a fairy tale were everyone lives till the end except the baddies.

Also we dont even know the scope of the GoT universe, for all we know there are aliens or people from the future who the fuck knows?

Killing off great characters without replenishing the show with other great characters (played by great actors)

I'm glad I never invested in this show. Only watched the first episode

Would a boy being gifted a cell phone with the number of a girl he has a crush on be considered one?

reddit

You're having an autistic meltdown all over this thread. Calm down and go count your beans or whatever trick your counselor gave you.

Jesus fucking christ Gotfags are the worst

It may be absolute trash now but the first 4 seasons are pure kino

What counselor?

>I seriously dont fucking understand the GoT hate, let me get this straight...you want logic or things to make sense in A FUCKING SHOW THAT TAKES PLACE IN A MAGICAL LAND?

I'd like it if the show cut most of the magical elements, yes. Just leave the zombies and fire-worship bringing people back to life so there is some light mystery going on and something for the normies.

Maybe cut all the magic out entirely and have the wildlings migrating as a major threat as they are pushed by famine like a barbarian migrations throughout history. Also fuck the dragons because they add nothing.

>In real life people straight up die or vanish
Yeah man i love GAME OF THRONES it's so viceral and real it's not like other fantasy shows, this is REAL drama, it's like REAL LIFE

Doesn't he/she literally say "youre probably wondering why im having two feasts in one week"? So you can assume its in the next day or two?

Nostalgia talking. They're borderline soap operas. The early acting and over abundance of nudity and sex as well as shitty production values really stick out upon a revisit. Look at it with a critical eye and it doesn't hold up.
Compare it with something like breaking bad which has great performances across the board and it's laughable. Thank god for Sean because he saved this show.

>one of the coolest characters
>Renly
back 2 reddit faggot

Not everybody is native english speaker here

no one cares faggot

GoT jumped the shark the moment it aired

It didn't work you mooninite.

Weird in anime this happens the other way around.

3/10

>Nostalgia talking. They're borderline soap operas. The early acting and over abundance of nudity and sex as well as shitty production values really stick out upon a revisit. Look at it with a critical eye and it doesn't hold up.
>Compare it with something like breaking bad which has great performances across the board and it's laughable. Thank god for Sean because he saved this show.

Its always been a soap opera in a medieval suit. Grrm can't write for shit.

>implying we don't have a superior KING IN DA NORF now

>little girl lived as an old man, governing the riverlands in his stead for TWO WEEKS
I wonder what her tax policy was

I laughed so hard at this scene. I've never seen anything so stupid.

lol

Season 3

There's a noticeable drop in quality after season 2. You'll for sure see this if you rewatch it and isn't a complete pleb.

Red wedding was the turning point where they started to pander to the most normie of normalfags.

I'd forgotten about this shit. There's so much dumb stuff going on the last seasons that it just blurs together.

He was naked fucking the kennel girl when he was alerted

what's the difference between shadow babbie and stannis hiring an assassin to take out his brother?

Season 4 got stupider by the minute.

Fooking legend for one moment though. Everything surrounding that scene was fucking retarded.

Valyria was built around multiple active volcanos and they all erupted at the same time. Bad luck.

>When did GOT jump the shark

3 seasons ago. You're a little late to the party.

Global warming took em down

Jesus christ that got me spewing water like an idiot. Well played.

dude 20 good mean lmao

The nanosecond it went off book material.

jon snow is bland as fug nowadays

hope sansa betrays him and he goes full resurrected psycho on her. only way to redeem the show.

also daily reminder to drop the show when cia dies

What anime is this from?

>show directors confused why viewer count dropped to 0 after episode 2