What are must reads when it comes to Judge Dredd? And what continuity should I follow more, 2000AD or IDW?

What are must reads when it comes to Judge Dredd? And what continuity should I follow more, 2000AD or IDW?

List of what I have read:
>Cursed Earth Uncensored
>Judgement on Gotham
>Alien vs Dredd vs Predator
>Judge Dredd Origins

And I'm working on Apocalypse War now.

Other urls found in this thread:

www8.zippyshare.com/v/3zF5ollR/file.html
www8.zippyshare.com/v/UruIbeuJ/file.html
www8.zippyshare.com/v/5haoRide/file.html
hachettepartworks.com/judge-dredd-the-mega-collection?page=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And I do mean, other than the Democracy arc.

America

Dredd thread?

>making PJ maybe a transgender bum bandit

Batman crossovers were fun. Mars Attacks Judge Dredd was fun. Most of his crossovers are worth reading.

And don't forget about the Hondo City stories. There's Hondo City Justice, Shimura, and Judge Inspector Inaba.

Don't bother with IDW... Like... At all.

Read Mega City Two. Its only like 4 issues and has some really crazy detailed art. But everything else IDW related isn't proper Dredd.

SeeAre the Hondo City stories in a collection, or do I have to try finding individual Megazine or 2000AD issues?

Same question as above for the Mega City 2 stories.

I can get you links for all of the Hondo City material.

That would be appreciated, sir.

inb4 Judge user

Hondo City Justice.rar
www8.zippyshare.com/v/3zF5ollR/file.html

Judge Inspector Inaba.rar
www8.zippyshare.com/v/UruIbeuJ/file.html

Shimura.rar
www8.zippyshare.com/v/5haoRide/file.html

Would also recommend the Judge Anderson stories.

Just look for "Anderson PSI Division" and ignore anything IDW related. Just stick to the original 2000AD stories with that title and you're fine.

What was the story with Judge Fish?

IDW is dogshit. Don't follow that.

why is IDW bad?

Second this. I was excited at first knowing Dredd was going to get some recognition in the states, and that IDW seemed to be all about respecting the source material; and then I finally started reading them.

Nope. Some of the mini-series are pretty good though, and written by 2000ad vets.

A few other must reads:
>The original Dark Judges stories
>The Judge Child Quest
>America
>Necropolis
>The Pit
>Tour of Duty
>Day of Chaos

It's just horribly Meh. Boring plots that go nowhere mixed with decent ideas that overstay their welcome for months. And the current ongoing is even worse, with a horribly passive Dredd dicking around like a confused mouse.
Their minis are all awesome in their own ways, though.

The Mega Collection is a nice tie up of the series, but its like 40 issues deep currently.

hachettepartworks.com/judge-dredd-the-mega-collection?page=1

here you go anons.

>Dead Man

Dat sum good shieeet.

Are these currently replacing their paperbacks or something? I'm still trying to collect them case files.

I dont think its a replacement, just more of a collection of stories, the case files dont seem to skip anything inbetween and its all in chronological order. They look a little nicer being hardback, but I am too collecting the case files.

Also why doesnt anyone talk about Schronium Dog here, shits easily just as good as Dredd, same goes for Zenith.

The Mega-Collection is more of a grabbag of major storylines, themed collections and spinoffs served on a subscription service, so they're not really replacing the paperbacks.
It's more of a way to get good storylines to new readers while also allowing existing readers to plug any holes in their collections and getting new printings of old stories.

Scrotium dog*

Same reason why we don't talk about Nemesis the Warlock, or Rogue Trooper, or Halo Jones, or any 2000AD story that's not Dredd: because they're still fairly obscure outside the UK.
Anyway, how about that fan movie?

I have not seen said fan movie. Am I missing out?

Just looked it up, is it out yet? It seems like it could be good if its from the Minty makers.

Nope, but it's getting its first showing in a few weeks on a UK convention. Looking fucking awesome though.

>Same reason why we don't talk about Nemesis the Warlock, or Rogue Trooper, or Halo Jones, or any 2000AD story that's not Dredd: because they're still fairly obscure outside the UK.

I actually have finished reading all of Nemesis the Warlock, and was working on getting a complete collection of Strontium Dog. The rest of what you posted is also in my backlog, but god fucking damn, I NEED MORE MONEY.

I know that feel. I know that feel all too well.

The Day the Law Died, It's in Case Files 02.

This board only really likes talking continuity and plot on the any kind of regular, when it isn't mad at something.

Rarely can threads just about good comics survive all that long, especially these days.

But to keep this thread going how about a story.

With an artist whose style is a perfect fit for Dredd

To answer the question in the OP, the IDW stuff is only worth it really when it goes off the beaten path.

When it is capital D Dredd you want 2000AD no substitute.

Ugh, I'd love to get more Kev Walker Dredd. It's so good.