Why didn't Norton sign on for future MCU movies? Was it his choice or Marvels?

Why didn't Norton sign on for future MCU movies? Was it his choice or Marvels?

Do you think he's pissed now that he sees how much money they're making?

Misunderstandings about the payment.

It's simple.

Norton bullied his way into the Editing Room and re-cut the movie.

>Why didn't Norton sign on for future MCU movies? Was it his choice or Marvels?

Norton was being Norton on set and trying to take the film away from Leterrier to basically ghost-direct it himself. Universal wasn't having it and kicked him off the series after TIH.

Norton is basically his character from Birdman in real life.

They were also spitballing The Avengers at that point, and he was trying really hard to make the entire film about him instead of RDJ.
As far as I'm aware of, he did sign a Multipicture deal, but Marvel has never called him to fulfill it.
Like, that little kid from IM3 signed a 3 picture deal, but they're probably never going to use him again. It's just to cover their bases.

Norton is an asshole who will try dictate a lot of the stuff in projects he's in. He was signed on for multi pictures for Hulk but they just bought his contract out because they couldn't be bothered putting up with him.

One of things he wanted was Hulk to attempt to commit suicide in Antarctica. Ice breaks and you see a cameo of frozen Cap. You can find this deleted scene.

He's a dirty hipster.

>One of things he wanted was Hulk to attempt to commit suicide in Antarctica

Which would be cool as fuck.

Banner committing suicide works.

Hulk committing suicide does not.

Hulk was worse than Fant4stic

The scene is literally Banner about to commit suicide though until he gets nervous and the Hulk emerges and crushes the gun.

It's actually kind of amazing how much better the modeling got between TIH and Avengers. Ruffahulk looks fantastic while Nortonhulk is barely more passable than Ang Lee's version.

He even establishes on the MCU, later on, that he tried to kill himself but Hulk just spits out the bullet, and there's a comic about Banner being the last human on earth, Hulk doesn't let him die every time he tries.

In Avengers, he literally says he spit a bullet out after trying to commit suicide. He became Hulk. Probably from the high tension about ending his life.

It's basically the line from Avengers.
"I got low, so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spat it out."
Fine to talk about it, another to actually show it.

I think that scene was referenced by Ruffalo in the first Avengers movie

It should be noted that Mark Ruffalo was Marvel's first choice, but was unavailable for TIH.

That was in The videgane though

It's supposed to be, but in the deleted scene, Banner never fires, whereas Ruffalo says he put a bullet in his mouth and "the other guy" spit it back out.

Unless he was being metaphorical.

This is my second favorite MCU film. First is The First Avenger. They just fucking GET the character

I feel like Norton played Hulk - Ultimate Destruction and like the more serious, melancholic tone.
He doesn't want to be the Hulk, he doesn't enjoy it one bit, he has given up hope on being cured and now just wants to die. But he needs to embrace it to fight a bigger enemy.

It's a deleted scene, so it didn't happen.

But they kept that in Avengers. I don't understand the ego of executives and other in the movie making business But Nortons asshole tendencies seem to make pretty good movies. Hulk was pretty good, at least I thought so. Door open for Doc Samson, hint at the leader, hinting at a controllable. Which they also used in Avengers. I mean if he was being an ass and it turned out shit I would get it. But if you're being an ass and the result is a better product, what's the problem really?

TIH wasn't that much of a financial success.

But yet now they're teaming up for a movie.

TIH was the second movie from Marvel Studios, seems reasonable that they'd want to be cautious.

But Thor was?
> And yet now they're teaming up for a movie.

I swear I typed that the first time and Sup Forums just deleted part of it.

But those weren't his ideas.

His notable contributions include shoehorning in cameos for Michael K. Williams and Seth Rogen because he loved "The Wire" and Judd Apatow comedies.

Seth Rogan was in that?

I thought the Doc Samson thing was his idea, and the dude from Modern Family was his friend so he got him the role. EVERY SEASON, I pray he'll show up on AoS. Even now since Slash is dead I hope he comes on to replace him as team psychiatrist.

Rogan and a bunch of others dropped out before they settled for Martin Starr and cut it down to silent cameo.

He saved that movie from being a steaming pile of shit.

from what i heard. Norton felt that there wasnt enough banner (or rather enough norton) thats why he didnt want to do anymore hulks

like someone said, its a deleted scene

but still, maybe he became hulk 1 or 2 seconds before pulling the trigger and he thought he had fired himself but this never happened, remeber how he kinda loses his memories the moment he becomes hulk

i honestly loved the hulk design even more than the avengers one, also the story is good, it also leaves a gap for a second movie with samuel sterns becoming the leader

Because only Universal wanted him (they thought a well known actor might help the movie out), and Marvel Studios didn't. So they shitcanned Norton ASAP and hired Mark shortly after.

name, please?

Norton is notorious for being a piece of shit behind the scenes. Probably thought he was above funny book movies amd moved on.

Nortan is one of the most difficult actors to work with, everyone hates him.

Cool facts, bro.

The post Norton Hulk looks like a kid friendly bright version of the original, while the original looked actually scary not just a big pale green goof

Hm

What would have happened to the DC universe if ledger didn't died

Joker would make a cameo on TDKR, and that's it. MoS would still happened.

>Bana as The HULK
>Norton as The Incredible HULK
>Ruffalo as ManBearPig

it will never confirmed

i bet nolan had bigger plans for JGL and joker, and a bigger role in MoS. I think TDKR was supposed to set up for the DCEU and then was scrapped and nolan backed out entirely

The Incredible Hulk: The End
It's like a trigger - every time Banner tries to kill himself, Hulk just switches on
It's also why he outlives everyone

>everyone claiming Norton is an ego-maniac behind the scenes
After Primal Fear and American History X, I would be too

If he is such an piece of shit then how come Wes Anderson has worked with him twice?

thanks f-am

Bana >>>>> Norton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ruffalo

It is known.