There is now not one shred of hope that this will be good

There is now not one shred of hope that this will be good

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2016/08/05/suicide-squad-breaks-box-office-record-for-august-thursday-preview-night
youtube.com/watch?v=38Cy_Qlh7VM&ab_channel=Nerdwriter1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There never really was.

keep dreaming drone, based Snyder can do no wrong and if SS is any indication of how fun JL will be it's gonna be the best superhero movie to date rivaled only by The Dark Knight and Man of Steel

Suicide Squad is breaking all the box office records and is just what the doctor ordered for true comic book fans and fans of good entertainment alike, sowwy Ghostbusters 2016 was a box office dud SJW's :(, maybe next time, but for now the good guys won

The DC Cinematic Universe is shit.

Too gritty, humorless and pretentious to be enjoyable. Nolan left his mark with Batman. He set the tone... for Batman.

Now people want to turn every character in the DC franchise into an edgy clusterfuck. IT DOESN'T WORK!

Flash looks so shit.

are you ok?

At least he's better than Aquaman.

bawww where are the quips? baaw why is this like an actual movie? I want my 'fun' and 'humor filled' marvel shlock

comic book movies should be fun and happy and quirky, not serious and with actual themes and directed by actual auteurs, leave that shit for the oscar season, not silly stupid little comic book movies

:(

perfectly fine friend, especially now when Suicide Squad broke the record that was previously held by Guardians of the Galaxy

ign.com/articles/2016/08/05/suicide-squad-breaks-box-office-record-for-august-thursday-preview-night

it just feels so good

and Cyborg to be honest... most of them look pretty terrible.

I just wish Batman's suit had more than one shade of grey.

tell em man. you are a man of taste.
based snyder?
LORD SNYDER

That Flash design though god damn

You'll get one and be thankful!

And he really does look like a beefcake neckless wonder in every single promotional pick he's in.

I also don't think Gadot looks the part and am enough of a sperg that I think Supes should have his trunks... so that's 6 for 6... which is pretty impressive really.

If I was nitpicking - I'd also say Superman looks too shiny.

>marvelkeks talking shit about costumes

kys my nigger, DC has the best looking and best made costumes

nice company-wars famalamalam

at least he has style and a unique way of directing, which is more than I can say for any of the no-name literal whos tv tier 'directors' marvel hires

It's only unique because everybody else stopped doing it a decade ago.

At least is not obvious pandering and fan service targeting kids and only kids... better yet, dumb kids.

The tone is not the problem at all. They just are not focused o' m making good stories.
Marvels film's are not better but since they came before and set the tone they're much better received

Kenneth Brannagh, Jon Faverau, Shane Black and the Russos are MUCH better than your edge-lord retard.

it's unique because no one else does it or can imitate it good enough to be distinct from snyder's style

>muh story
>in a visually driven medium

pleb pls

>fucksuperman.jpg

good to see your true motivations shine out you mouthbreather

Film hasn't been a purely visual medium since 1903.

Didn't realise I was posting with such a bipartisan gentlemen.

yea, now I'm getting triggered, but that's what I get for talking with people who work at grocery stores, mcdonalds and as cab drivers, carry on

>and a unique way of directing
... and and he is taking risks, and trying things,
thats worth the ticket

The DC movies. In a word grimderp.

>Russos
come on man, you cant be serious, CW was a fucking cartoon. and an expensive one, and a bad one.

i'm more hopeful for that new Mega Man cartoon than anything else from the DCEU TbH

You clearly think you are much more clever than you actually are.
Films are not purely visual,holy shit..

What are you even trying to say?

and it was better than anything from the DCEU so far

That the problem of the DCEU is not the visual or the tone, and that the Marvel movies are not better in characters and in the plots, they're more well received because they set the tone of what people think a superhero movie should be.

But why did you quote two people saying contradictory things?

Thought one was samefagging

Are DC movies truly bad, or is everyone just comparing it to Marvel with their unrealistic expectations?

Holy shit, flash's fucking helmet/mask makes him look like that one asian gimp guy. I'm at work right now so I can't dig around for a good pic, but someone knows who I mean right?

Hard gay?

Little of column a. Little of column b, little of column "let us execs tell you what to do"

The problem is that they don't have good writers or good editors.

So even if the stars aligned and Snyder was on his absolute A-game, he'd still be filming a shit story that'd get even shittier once the Mexican with the garden shears gets it in editing.

Snyder was still directing so I didn't have much hope for it anyway

Less DC movies are bad, more WB is fucking retards and Snyder is a fucking hack

You don't get prizes for participation, this isn't the special olympics.

Both.
I could respect them trying to do their own thing but they don't even do it well and a lot of the arguments for them making the choice they do seems to boil down to "we're doing this because Marvel isn't" but then they backtrack and go "we want Marvel's success why isn't this working?!"

If they took their time and tested the waters instead of trying to edit and reshoot their way into quality after the fact they'd be in a much better place.

>... and and he is taking risks, and trying things,
Do you know what the words you're using mean? "Risk" by definition means there's a possibility of failure. People are declaring it a failure. That is their right, and were they NOT able to do so you couldn't say it was a risky attempt.

> YFW Aquaman's intro theme is Kid Rock's "American Badass"

>Shane Black

I swear he must've been excited that RDJ was starring in a movie but was then disappointed when he found out it was an Iron Man movie.

Both, though I do think that comparisons to Marvel are a bigger factor than people like to admit.

I mean Marvel are running like a Swiss watch at the moment. If you take away them still finding their feet with the Incredible Hulk they haven't released an objectively BAD film. Yeah Iron man 2 and Thor 2 are poor films but the characters and the world they inhabit are likeable enough that even though people know they are poor films they give them a pass because damn it if they aren't at least enjoyable.

They've done all this with a bunch of second stringer characters. Ones that vaguely interested normies had heard of, but probably never knew much about them. I mean was Iron Man a household name before the film? Was Thor? Captain America certainly wasn't for me, but then I'm British and don't know how broadly he was known in America.

They've now done it with much more obscure characters for normies like Ant Man, Jessica Jones, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Black Widow, The Guardians of the Galaxy, Falcon etc

DC have an uphill battle because whereas Marvel seem to have perfected the formula for making a blockbuster superhero movie that will make you a fan of just about any character in their roster at the moment, DC haven't. But they can't just copy Marvel's style because they're being compared as it is.

Its as though Marvel and DC are in a baking competition and DC have got just as good ingredients as Marvel, arguably better quality ones but know they'll get marked down if they make their cake using the same methods as Marvel, but Marvel already got their hands on the instructions.

The DCEU was never real. Just a dream of a suit from Hollywood.

Well it wasn't much of an Iron Man movie anyway.

He looks really gleeful doing that.
Lee truly is a master baiter.

Casuals knew of Captain America but as some flag-waving hoorah USA USA guy.

Chris Evans made him relatable.

Nice straw man bro

Are you actually okay Superman being turned into a moping mess?

Guys like that don't understand how vital Superman's charisma is to his character.

That complaint is literally outdated

Suicide Squad and Justice League were/are supposed to be lighter, but that alone doesn't/won't mean better

>Chris Evans made him relatable.
Chris Evans didn't write the script or the source material.
Stop crediting actors too much.

Not really. The story feels flat on second viewing.

>like an actual movie
I've only seen MoS and that wasn't an actual movie. It looked like a lengthy commercial written by a self-indulging teenager.

>actual auteurs
Oh you were baiting, good to know.
Pic related is an auteur, Snyder and Goyer aren't. Nolan is auteurish.

Also
>actual auteur movies
>Oscars
top kikkety kek

It might have been a "fucking cartoon"
It might have been a poor film

But it did what BvS tried to do far better than BvS. At leas tthere was some kind of motivation for what they were fighting. What was Batmans?

>"I saw him level a city".
"Oh wait, I didn't, I saw the Kryptonian terraforming device level the city while Superman and Zod actually only leveled a few buildings."
>"Still not great mind you, hardly Superman doing all of it, but fuck it, if there's a 1% chance he's a against us he has to die, right?"
>" See I'm really sad because one of my workers got crippled and now seems to be blaming me by being salty as fuck and sending me back the cheques of free money I was giving him because apparently Zod was my fault."
>"Ah but now I can't kill him because our mums have the same name, in fact, I now trust him"

I actually don't hate BvS as much as some people do, but don't try and pretend that the motivations for the conflict are better than the ones in Civil War

Delivery of the lines and physicality of acting can do a hell of a lot man.

If you don't believe me, take the script for BvS and read Lex Luthors lines in Clancy Brown's Luthor voice.

>if there's a 1% chance he's a against us he has to die, right?
But don't you get it user? War on terror analogies are pure genius, nobody ever did that before.

>Delivery of the lines and physicality of acting can do a hell of a lot man.
Sure, but far from most of the work. Like really, the only reason the media do this shit (give too much credit to actors) is because actors are pretty and visible while writers, directors and even moreso techies are uncool and ugly.

>If you don't believe me, take the script for BvS and read Lex Luthors lines in Clancy Brown's Luthor voice.
No. This is dumb as fuck, and DCAU Luthor is overrated anyway.

Suicide squad was one of the stupidest movies ive ever seen.
I really hate how some dc fans are so deseprate to defend their shir movies that they'll act like they're something more than shallow braindead shlock and really some profound masterpiece and anyone who dislikes them is just a "lol marvdumb fanboy".
I like DC better. I have since i grew out of being a fanboy. and from a non fanboy perspective, the movies are just shit.

>You're right, delivery of the lines and physicality of acting can do a hell of a lot for a script
>No the idea of someone else delivering the lines making them more palatable is dumb as fuck

Which is it amigo?

WB is banking too much on branding iconography to the point that they forgot to sell people on the characters.

And you can even see it in their defenders to this day. They're still going "everybody knows who Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman are! We don't NEED to convince people to show up or like them!"

And the thing is, you do. You really do. I have no interest in Justice League because I don't like these versions of the characters and they haven't even attempted to charm me yet. Being a household name doesn't mean I'm going to leave the house for you.

>Which is it amigo?
Both.
DCEU Lex was literally written for Eisenberg, and the fact that you like Clancy Brown as Luthor doesn't make him a good fit for that interpretation in any way. Startup wannabe philosphists don't speak like Michael Clarke Duncan.
Michael Rosenbaum on the other hand... is also a jew manlet who succesfully played Luthor Jr. before.

but people are complaining Squad has too many quips?????

Squad is not that bad. It's better than IM 2 and 3

Nah it was some interview or something wherethe guy is all gimped out and talking about fulfilling people's fantasies. It was a meme a few years ago and people would make edits of it.

CÍA is the only hope

Speaking of characters we need in JL, are they just not going to have a GL in Justice League?

What about Martian Manhunter? I mean on the one hand there's pretty much never been an incarnation of the JL until like the last ten years.
On the other hand, there's the age old problem with him of: how the fuck do you balance a team when you have a shape-shifting psychic superman right there?

I mean, you either do what the cartoon did and have him jobbing hard every episode, or you go COMPLETELY INSANE like Morrisons JLA. Even then he had more storylines based around him (mostly White Martian stuff) than anyone else in there. But that was more because everyone else had ongoings in that team but him. JLA effectively WAS his ongoing.

I liked Suicide Squad despite its flaws, and the Justice League trailer looked decent. Looks like they're getting back on track after Man of Steel and new Flash is adorable.

We've given everything we can~
There are no heroes left in man~
They'll watch you die to save their lives~
They will not stand he by your side~

>but people are complaining Squad has too many quips?????
Of all the complaints of Skwad, "too many quips" isn't one of them. Maybe poor delivery of some of them or cringey but I haven't heard "too many quips". Unless you're talking about the DCEU fanboys who think that SS was supposed to be oh so serious.

If this was drawn, the artist's style would give it a coherent feeling. Because it's a photo, it feels like those characters don't belong in the same universe.

You should watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=38Cy_Qlh7VM&ab_channel=Nerdwriter1

>comparing it to Marvel with their unrealistic expectations?
It would be unrealistic expectations if Marvel movies were great when some are good, most are either ok or mediocre/bad.

Critics watch all kind of movie. They compare cape movies to other movies in the same genre which is generally action comedy or action thriller. Cape is not a gender in itself.

FOX is now the eternal second place in cape movies unless the valiant cinematic universe is a succes

When it has a 70% drop off like BvS did, will it feel good then?

Only Ben Affleck could feasibly be called an auteur.

The general consensus amongst the movie going public is that the Marvel films are good or at the very least enjoyable. You might not think so, but your opinion doesn't drive the zeitgeist

What you're also forgetting is that even though is Stan Lee and his drumming up of company wars back in the day. it was done very tongue in cheek in a banter sort of way, especially given that he played golf with the DC lot at the weekends but some people took it seriously. Still do, and in the minds of many normies its the biggest dividing factor amongst nerds after console wars and whether or not you prefer Kirk or Picard. The moviegoing normie public will compare DC movies against Marvel ones and many of these same aforementioned normies will absolutely play company wars.

You might not consider cape to be a genre, but plenty of critics will compare it against other superhero films because superhero films are seen as a subgenre of action these days. You compare Bourne to Bond, mob films to the Godfather and Superhero movies against other superhero movies and right now Marvel is reigning king atop a pop culture empire.

The Marvel movies are to kids these days what Indiana Jones or Star Wars or Ghostbusters were to kids back in the day, the only difference is they all come under one umbrella.

Now I might sound like a Marvel shill, like I've got my tongue firmly planted up the arse of the house of mouse but I'm genuinely not. I don't think most Marvel films are good, enjoyable to some extent maybe, but not good. I just feel that you vastly underestimate the impact Marvel have made on cinema, or have you failed to notice how Hollywood is desperately trying to copy Marvel with action movies following their mould of having Marvelesque quippy one liners and plenty of light comedy moments. Or the fact that they are desperately trying to catch the shared universe lightning in a bottle again?

Not him but that was interesting.

The problem with this argument in general is that even if you never saw or liked a Marvel movie that doesn't change the fact that, for example, Superman is lacking in charisma.

Even if you hate competition, even if you hate the genre, a hero in ANY form of entertainment needs charisma. Indinana Jones has it. Peter Venkman has it. Han Solo has it. John McClane has it. Jack Sparrow has it.

That's just one of those general rules and when you break it you need a damn good reason for making the lynchpin of your franchise an unlikable prat beyond "It's different! It's a risk!"

>have you failed to notice how Hollywood is desperately trying to copy Marvel with action movies following their mould of having Marvelesque quippy one liners and plenty of light comedy moments
Not him but that's not new in any way, there was just a slowdown on that shit in the 2000s (possibly related to 9/11 making people want to stop joking around with explosions) but "quippy one liners and plenty of light comedy moments" is basically the tagline for Arnold Schwartzenegger's 80s/90s action films career.

Fuck, Marvel even recycled Shane Black.

>Or the fact that they are desperately trying to catch the shared universe lightning in a bottle again?
This I buy.

>and when you break it you need a damn good reason for making the lynchpin of your franchise an unlikable prat beyond "It's different! It's a risk!"
Well when you think about it, that's why Supes isn't the frontliner of the DCEU anymore and Batman is solely because Batfleck wasn't terrible

>le quips meme
You've seen the quipfull trailer right? If not, boy oh boy, do I have bad news for you

The thing is I doubt that was why. I think that was more because WB over relies on Batman in general and "make it more like Batman" is their first step on any kinds of damage control.

Because remember, even when Green Lantern was doing badly, their response was "Don't worry! Green Lantern 2 will be darker and edgier!". They completely ignored the fact that the script was a jumbled mess, Hal was wildly inconsistent and kind of a douchebag, and that they were essentially trying to sell a space opera *minus the space*. They thought the problem was "not dark enough".

The only reason WB isn't well known for being run by retards is because they haven't had the same leaks Sony has.

Oh I'm aware of that, its not DC's problem by any shape or stretch of the imagination but it absolutely is a stumbling block none the less. Don't ever discount the power of the internet and its ability to change an opinion. I mean look at videos of people who have just come out of watching The Phantom Menace who are raving about it and saying its great, but I'm willing to bet that if you asked a lot of them now they'd call it dogshit. In fact I'd say the Phantom Menace is the perfect example of this because its the first time the internet truly unleashed its vitriol. Yeah its a bad film, but the collective power of the internet I feel is a huge factor in why it is hated as much as it is.

Oh I don't think Marvel invented that particular wheel but they've certainly brought it back in a big way, or rather in the most prominant way given that nothing seems to be able to stop the Marvel juggernaut and that every time a film is meant to be a "big risk" for them it goes over like gangbusters. Light hearted humor and quippy quotable dialog is pretty much their basic element and I can guarantee that the fact that the Avengers , the quippiest of them broke a billion dollars wasn't lost on Hollywood

Oh fuck you, I liked Thor 2 and it certainly wasn't an objectively bad movie other than the final villain being boring.

Winter Soldier, on the other hand, had some self-evident problems.

TWS had some self-evident problems but Thor 2's only issue to you was the villain being boring? Are you actually serious right now?

Name me one other problem in Thor 2 that isn't the final villain being boring.

GL was going to get a movie in 2020.

I say "was" because it's obvious the DCEU is going to get another reboot.

I gotta be honest man while it seems like you're trying to hide it, it still sounds like the central argument you're putting forth is "people are brainwashed into hating DC".

I liked Thor 2 as well, but that doesn't change my opinon that its a poor film.

To me it very much felt like Loki wasn't so prominent in it, but had scenes added at the expense of buiding Maleketh up to be anything more than one of the most paper thin villians I've ever seen in a film. His motivation was literally just "I want to destroy reality" Why? Fuck knows because the only other thing we know about him is that he had beef with Odins dad and by extension Asgard in general.

Its perfectly possible to enjoy a film immensely but be aware that it is a poor film.

Darcy