Sup Forums Creates a Batman Costume

Basically just point out details from previous batsuits (ears, logos, colors, etc) and explain why they are prefect for the character. The end result should be Sup Forumss perfect bat costume. Drawfags are encouraged to participate and if you have an idea not found in previous versions feel free to pitch them

>The end result should be Sup Forumss perfect bat costume.

You know it's not going to be that. There will be too much conflict to generate a unanimous consensus.

Give the suit nipples, make them long, hard and pointy - For Justice.

Always liked me some purple gloves

I don't see any reason to mess with perfection. Good work, boys.

Never was big on the blue

Cloth suit with hard armor plating around the extremities and vitals. Sectioned but not tacticool Nolan-bats. Simpler the better, less is more ya know?

Anyone else really like the Rebirth suit? I hope it sticks around for a long time. I really like that the belt matches the bat. I hope the batmobile gets yellow detailing.

I wouldn't mind if we got modular armor on top of it occasionally for various purposes.

no

Telltale's is already perfect.

It makes me wish DCEU's batman had the yellow border on the bat. I don't know what it is with filmmakers and being ashamed of letting the Bat logo stand out from the suit.

Nice digits. Anyway I wasnt sold on the yellow border but its grown on me. It really screams "shoot here!" like the old yellow logo

>Anyone else really like the Rebirth suit?

I don't. Stinks of N52.

Blue is retarded
Fuck you

Spider-Bat for the win.

You're welcome, see you all next time.

I've always wanted a powered batsuit after seeing Beyond
It never made sense to me that Bruce wouldn't make a suit to enhance his abilities other than to keep everything status quo

The suit itself wouldn't be Iron-Bat but it would be bulkier than the Beyond suit do to the difference in tech something akin to this in terms of size

The idea I had was that the suit would end up looking like pic related underneath an outer layer that looks something like the Arkum Asylum suit

>Hey, editorial said we need to make a new costume design for-

>MAKE IT SEGMENTED BODY ARMOR

>Huh? But that doesn't make sense, the character we're designing it for is-

>DO IT. YOU KNOW, LIKE HALO. DO IT

And that's why this is just as bad of a period for design as the 90s pouch movement. You don't even need hindsight to see how shit this all is.

Ugh. I dislike so much of this. I hate the bright blue, I hate the shape of the briefs, I hate the belt, I dislike the facial expression of the mask, the ears look weird, I don't like the tiny oval bat symbol, I hate how short the cape is, I hate how the cape falls on him, I hate how skintight the costume is like it's painted on.

Obviously it's not the worst Bat costume, there's been some really ridiculous stuff out there, but it's my least favorite like, standard, normal Batman design.

>that face
>I_seriously_hope_you_imperials_don't_do_this.jpg

Yeah. It's not my favorite, but it's good. I hope it sticks around for a while, becomes one of the more iconic designs.

Sauce.

Please stop pretending everyone in Sup Forums are your hiveminded friends.

>It never made sense to me that Bruce wouldn't make a suit to enhance his abilities
I hate to be that guy I'm fucking with you, you know the deal by now but if Bruce is going to step anything up he might as well go the whole way otherwise again it just falls back on status quo and presentation.

By this I mean instead of going out on patrol and risking his identity and life, he could do like the recent Batarmy thing and just mobilize several batdrones across Gotham to scan for crime and scan crime scenes for data to look over and hand over to the authorities, or load them with tazers and other gear to incapacitate opponents and basically be everywhere at once like a swarm of bats that crime can't really hit back. They break one of his drones and it just explodes or sends a signal for other drones to collect its pieces so there's never any copying his tech. This approach is less entertaining, but it's as efficient as you could get.

Massive codpiece for counter rape purposes.

So in other words, let Simon Bisley make a Batman outfit.

Just one element?

Alright; the cape should have two colours. One for the inside, one for the outside. This makes cape swooshes look really dynamic, and makes some details easier when using more minimalist art styles - he doesn't just disappear into the shadows unless they really want him to.

I'd say that the underside should be navy or grey while the outside is black, but Iunno what other people think.

We're done here..

It grows on me the more I see it.

Wow, we're in the presence of the King of Shit Taste

Christ, I just spent ten minutes looking for that picture to post it

A good question to ask is long ears or short?

Nope, Blueman is an outdated design.

This. Love the look but black is better

Bruce Wayne has learned over the years that to truly put fear into the hearts of criminals, using the symbol of the bat has not been enough.

Now, he has redesigned the suit so that he becomes the symbol itself, that very symbol fear that criminals will always think of whenever they see a dark alley, whenever they're alone, whenever they are in Gotham.

He has become, simply, the Bat.

What's wrong with the blue?

>blue
>underwear
>yellow oval
>perfection
pick one.

Huh, that's actually really cool looking.

>yellow oval

it's a big yellow (bulletproof) bullseye that keeps him from getting shot in the face

I'm with you there. The Batman Beyond suit is probably my favorite Batman costume.

>pick one.

Underwear. It breaks the gray. Makes it look less dull.

>I AIN'T SCARED UH NO BATMAN!
*undo banana hammock and 14 inch batcock unfurls and begins to harden, reach into pouch grab batlube, throw it away*

So far, the general sense I'm getting for elements is

>Big pointy nipples
>Purple gloves
>Black rather than blue, but that doesn't mean all Gold/Silver Age influence must be ignored
>Cloth suit with hard armor plating around the extremities and vitals, but no segmented body armor
>Yellow border on bat symbol instead of yellow oval, to keep sense of "SHOOT HERE YOU DUMB FUCKS"
>Some ability-enhancing tech underneath, like Batman Beyond?
>Massive codpiece and hammock
>Dual-colored cape
>The bat-symbol should be formed by cowl, to strike fear into the hearts of evil
>The chest symbol itself should be a spider
>Trunks are staying

Some points to discuss:
>Ears: how long?
>Chin: square? Angular? Butt? Anything on the mask covering it?
>Boots and belt: color? Bulkiness?

Yeah but you could justify it as Bruce being such a control freak that he has to have a hands on approach and distrusting a mechanized force after the whole Brother Eye thing

>Ugh
End your life.

>Ears: how long?
at LEAST 36 inches

ThisBut more organic looking like pic related. Something to play off the whole "fear" theme.

Really needs to get rid of the lines.

I can understand tech on Batman because he's a normal well-trained guy who doesn't have superpowers, but don't go overboard with it.

I love it, but think Capullo drew it the worst of everyone who's touched it.

I think the only thing I'd change about it is swapping the red for grey.

I like how sleek it is. I like how it completely covers the face. Really makes him look like something not human. I like the fabric that pops up under his arms when he takes flight. And I kinda like the lack of cape, too. One less thing to get caught on.

And what's not to like about Batman with a cloaking device?

No none of this are menacing. Batman needs to be menacing.

There two are good.

Read the file name. It's the 2016 version

Gotta bring back the pointed shoulders and stupid long Kelley Jones ears.

This costume doesn't need a utility belt to store gadgets ;)

This is the best scary-focused Batman design I've come across.

Homunculus Batman?

HE SHOULD DRIVE THE GIGERMOBILE!

by 'pouch' i meant 'buttcrack', it's natures pocket

YES!

So I totally don't keep up with the comics, who is the big dude that looks like clay face?

I always wondered why batman cowls never had fangs like pic related (ignore Owlman). Seems like a fun little detail

Clay Face

>Joel Schumacher was a big Batman fan who wanted a gritty Batman like Burton and the old comic books
>The executives forced him to make a toy commercial

This has got to be one of his worst designs.

Assuming you're not pulling my leg is he a good guy now?

he'a flying fox megabat, a fruit eater

INTIMIDATION FACTOR

they would hurt

No blue, long cape, long ears, no visible armor, lean instead of buff. Purple gloves are optional.

Won't lie, I do miss the yellow oval from time to time and would like to see it come back for a bit.

i'm ok with the yellow outline over the bat symbol but I hate the zebra looking belt.

I'd actually really like to see a black suit with the yellow oval.

I always liked this one, partly because it seemed like a 60's batmobile homage

>Black with yellow oval

This is legit one of the reasons I love the Inc. suit.

By only problem is that the blue is too bright. I do, however, think having some blue helps make the suit more appealing.

I just felt like posting this.

Won't lie, I wish this one had stuck around longer.

Seemed like we only had it for a few months before the Nu52 happened and we got a new outfit.

Criminally underused.

I think batman should have a strap on dildo with bat ears on the head
Strike fear into the holes of men

It also can be used like a lizard tail. When his enemies try to grab his bat dick it just comes off and he can get the upper hand

I made myself a batman.

It is a crappy design.

I do really like Rebirth suit actually. The yellow around the bat gives it a bit of color without looking stupid like the oval.

golden age bat ears+ some year one + yellow oval + cool rebirth cape+ no tacticool bullshit+ trunks, that´s how i´d love it to be

*Fix the head.

It's cute.

Blue is harder to see at night though.

Black actually stands out.

Also you have to keep the cape

No batsuit will be menacing

I started drawing this, but soon realised I had no idea what I was doing, but what I want
>simplistic
>make the suit more cloth like, very tight, but folding and strecthy
>grey suit, purple inside of the cape, dark grey from the out side
>small ears and bat-symbol
>make batman less bulkie, and more thinner, almost like he's been skipping meals (like he seems to do anyway)

I personally liked the smoothness of Gordon's Batman, but like the overall design and colors of the rebirth Bat. But I just wanna bring more folding, thinner fabric into the play. Almost like a home-made, little cheap-ish and not so protective costume. Lighter and easier to move in silently.

This kind of design might not work in the current stories, since Batman fights a lot, but it'd be better for a more silent, mentally torn detective story.

How do you guys feel about a batman suit that can shift? Like one mode it shows the eyes and mouth + short ears. Then it shifts, ears get longer (Arkham game style) mouth gets covered (Batman Beyond) Eyes gets covered with white eye lens.

I guess like Optimus Prime

>That stiff ass animation

This is the best they could get for Berserk?

This is the perfect suit

How in the hell did we let this happen to berserk?

Yeah, but that point is irrelevant when you're wearing bright ass baby blues and light greys.

An actual sentient human being spent hours upon hours making this and actually released this as a finished product
Fuck I need a drink

The gist we've got since the boatening is Miura well and truly no longer gives a fuck one way or another.

You mean a professional released this as a finished product. We already have RWBY as the benchmark for shite 3d animation.

I tried to incorporate most of the suggestions

still the best. When batman moved on from the silver age.

i really like this design