So what are your hopes for "The Batman" in 2018...

So what are your hopes for "The Batman" in 2018? I know "to be a good movie" yeah we all want that but what do you want to see explored in this movie that wasn't in previous Batman films

Despite what Nolan fags think, we have yet to really get a definitive Batman movies. Most of them focus on one aspect or maybe a few core aspects of the character but none really got it right in my opinion.

Nolan series was more about Bruce Wayne than Batman. He became Batman to clean up Gotham but in the end he just wanted to be happy with his little GF before she blew up.

Her death and most of Gotham's worst getting locked up pretty much had him retiring after a few years and eventually passing the mantle so he can go play house with Selina. Something i just can't see Bruce doing. Batman is supposed to be the true identity while Bruce is the disguise , but i never got that from the Nolan films.

In any case there are Rumors that it will take place in arkham and center on his relationship with his villains.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GgkQS7q6sT0
youtube.com/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it is a law of the universe that any Batman movie with more than 2 supervillains is bad

so a movie set in Arkham is doomed to fail on a conceptual level

That could either go well or horribly wrong. I wouldnt mind seeing a riot with Clayface, Mad Hatter, Firefly, and etc lead by Joker.

I hope that Affleck gets to make his own movie and WB doesn't step in and have trailer editors make the movie.

Could be wrong but i think he'll have a lot more pull with Execs than Ayer

Pretty sure it was reported a while back that it's in his contract that WB can't fuck with his movie.

I want it to delve more into the mythos of Batman himself.

In most Batman adaptions we see him starting out, or getting back into the game. He's always an outsider to the world, when in the comics things tend to revolve around Batman. If some criminals hear that Batman might be on the way? They get the fuck out of there. Large scale plots are built around Batman's potential interference, other street tiers look up to and try to emulate Batman, he is as much a part of Gotham as any of the buildings dotting the skyline.

I think a film that really addressed this would be pretty incredible, but of course they won't because DCU.

I wouldn't mind seeing Riddler get some love.

Though this is a Batman who let Lex Luthor pull his strings like a goddamn marrionette for 2 years so he's hardly the worlds greatest detective

I honestly think that when Ben signed on he was like "I'll play batman for X amount of movies, but I get to direct and write my own batman movie with as much creative control as I want and no studio interference"

Ben seems like a smart guy who would have all this written into his contract before even considering it

I would like to see members of the "bat family" make appearances. Jason Todd has already been hinted at, so i imagine Dick will be in this universe, would love to see a Nightwing appearance and maybe Oracle.

The Riddler could definitely use some movie time. Also maybe have the Penguin and use him in a similar way to Falcone , having him be a crime boss in Gotham.

Stop asking the internet for ideas, Ben.

According to what Goyer/Terrio wrote anyway. This ain't BVS and they aren't the writers.

An explanation for, in a universe where Batman is a killer, why Joker is still alive.

That was already explained in BVS.

Batman is going to be Tony Stark.
WB has no idea what they're doing.
They tried grim Batman, but no one liked that.
So now they're doing affable Batman that makes jokes.

How's that?

That's what I think. He basically made a deal with WB that he'd do BvS and JL in exchange for letting him make his own Batman movie.

The "creul men" speach that Alfred gives, before that when he slams down the paper that has Bats branding fools on the cover, and he says something like "the new way" just before Batfleck tells him "we've always been criminals, Alfred".

The branding was new.
There was nothing said about the murder

Batman is going to be what Affleck wants him to be. Again he has more control over his project than the others do, and he is a massive fucking Batfag. He's got a Batcave in his house and i imagine is penning the script while in full Batman costume.

>There was nothing said about the murder
In Burton films, no. In BVS they made a point to acknowledge it.

Yeah, but it's still WB's show and they're notoriously handson

He only directly killed maybe 2 people. Baleman killed more people.

My hopes are that retarded cape movies aren't trendy anymore by 2018 and it never comes out.

With smaller directors yeah. Once you get to the point where you can negotiate a better contract , it's a different story. Affleck is a literal award winning director. DC isn't stupid enough to fuck with his shit.

They're actually notoriously hands off with their movies. These comic book movies aren't normally how they do business, they're just panicking from test audiences.

>He only directly killed maybe 2 people
youtube.com/watch?v=GgkQS7q6sT0

>it is a law of the universe that any Batman movie with more than 2 supervillains is bad
Every Batman film except 89 has had two villains though

I don't want any robins or batgirls in it

Keatonbats took out even more than that and gave no fucks about it. Funny thing is of all the movies with Batman the most accurate ( for lack of better term) portrayal of him is in Suicide Squad. He doesn't kill anyone, takes crooks in with signature bat cuffs, Saves Harley's life after Joker abandons her under water. Burton's Batman and Batfleck in BVS would have let that bitch drown or some shit

Get rid of Leto

Hire Mark Hamill

>Lost weight
>back into acting and will be prominently featured in the 2017 Star Wars film
>had an appearance as the Trickster in the Flash tv show and can get the vibe of Joker down well irl not just in voice

If they do this 10/10 best Batman movie ever never need another new one

>Dub Hammil's voice over Leto

>using the Knightmare as proof
>the guy who drops his grenade and crawls back on top of it

tippity top kek

Most of the other ones are arguable if the people died or not. The only blatant kills are the guys in the back of the truck in the Batmobile chase and from the Batwing. He shot KGBeasts tank and KGBeast blew himself up. If he really was a bloodthirsty murderer like your meme implies he would've just shot him in the head.

>>using the Knightmare as proof
Did you not watch it?
He undoes those ones

youtube.com/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM

None of these are dream sequences btw

I watched it with no sound, so I didn't hear anything if he was talking.

No talking.
The count goes down after Bruce wakes up.
Pay attention mang

Nolan made the definitive Joker movie. Begins was close, but Ben's could really be the definitive Batman one.
It's not confirmed that it's called "The Batman" though, right?
Yes please. Or get Dafoe off his shitty Aquaman role and recast him as the Joker.

Court of Owls would be cool.

>Nolan made the definitive Anarky movie
ftfy