What is better, good guy in love with evil girl or good girl in love with evil guy?

What is better, good guy in love with evil girl or good girl in love with evil guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllGirlsWantBadBoys
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

evil girl in love with good girl

The latter never happens.

"Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found."

I don't think the good/evil spectrum is going to be the same for males and females, in fiction or reality. This is exactly why the Bruce/Serena relationship seems so authentic.

Bruce does "good" according to his own genuine honor, or perhaps narcissism, while Serena can't seem to stop being practical, and will only do "good" when it's practical or advantageous to do so.

I prefer good guy/Genuinely Great guy with evil/jaded girl.
This too
Negro, what?
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllGirlsWantBadBoys

It does, just not often enough

I've always been partial to Good guy falling for evil woman. The "good girls love the bad boy" shit has been around for ages.

Evil girl in love with a good guy.

Mainly for the teasing.

Good guy in love with evil girl.
Evil girls are hot.

>Serena

Good girl falling in love with evil guy, conflict-wise. It seems like no attractive villainess ultimately rejects the hero in this day and age. Look at Bat's rogues: Selina, Ivy, Harley, Talia. All of them have been shipped with the Bat at some point. Ultimately, it seems bad girls -have- to be redeemed at some point, unless you're Rita Repulsa-levels of comedic evil.

Good girl in love with evil guy at least has the element of will-they-or-won't-they as the evil guy is allowed to have some tragic sacrifice or spurn the light.

I'd be up for this. Both examples sort of seem like womanchild and manchild wish fulfillment and if you ask men what's better the former and women what's better they'll say the latter because it's usually just a fetish self insert thing and boring.

This.
To categorize one character as good and one as bad is just a means to say "this is the character you identify as and this is the forbidden fruit that would normally never be interested in you"
In real life, the more hardcore or 'evil' guys and gals get with each other, and 'good' guys and gals will either stay out of relationships or get with some normie-vanilla.
Or you can skip to the good part like me and adopt two kids and enter a slice of life series

Evil guy with evil girl. Evil true love is underrated.

Batman's case is a peculiar one because Batman himself is a tragic figure.

He's someone that thinks that he doesn't deserve happiness and basically martyr himself to save others. This makes him a good person, but also a narcissist that will ultimately hurt those near him.

So even if he tried to help and redeem a good girl, out of genuine care, the girls wouldn't be able to save him and would be back to feeling alone and empty without that they like so much.

That's why i love the Gotham City Sirens, even when they're shipped with Batman, because Batman will never be able to save them since he's incapable of giving himself a chance.

It's all very sad and bittersweet.

>In real life, the more hardcore or 'evil' guys and gals get with each other, and 'good' guys and gals will either stay out of relationships or get with some normie-vanilla.

Nuh-huh, Men, even evil men, will always look out of innocent cute girls that they can either marry or corrupt. Men are possessive and territorial by nature.

So bad guy x good girl is much, MUCH more common in real life.

evil guy x good guy

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have been so down on it right there actually, nothing wrong with fantasy or escapism in entertainment but I hear people talking about how the fetish they can insert into as amazing and the gender switch as shit in this and a lot of things and really they're both the same. Not that there are never relationships where one person is a bigger jerk than the other one obviously but not the way these things are written obviously and they're often written as straight up fap fuel either way which is fine, just realize that's what it is.

Hal/Sinestro have a really underrated dynamic.

I guess I'd settle for GoodGuy/EvilGirl. Mostly because when it comes to evil guys, can't relate or fap to it.

Good guy in love with evil girl, because it makes the good girl immensely jealous and self conscious. Women hating other women over a man makes for good fiction.

Good girl in love with evil guy just invariably turns into Twilight, let's be really fucking honest here.

Evil Girl/Good Guy, so the villainess could get JUSTICE'd into reformation.

Evil girl x evil henchmen is the best

Yeah, Batman's morality doesn't always fall neatly into the "good" camp, and his gallery has the most heel face turns in all of fiction. - probably why he's always teetering on the edge with his foes. That and he just has more memorable female rogues than most heroes. Who does Supes have? Livewire?

pretty much this, readers just want to court danger vicariously through their same-gendered insert

Really? I typically find that most of the more grunge or punk or dysfunctional guys I know tend to court either similarly hardcore or dysfunctional women (within reason sexual attraction, no dementia patients or anything) or...I suppose a fair number attract the more innocent or preppy types.
Chad Grungecock strikes again I suppose, haha (pic related, the types of good or preppy girls I'm talking about)

In my experience men will always party with bad and easy girls, because men's vice is sex after all, but when settling down or going steady will prefer more homely and innocent girls.

It's the whole "Well, at least this one will never check out other guys and thus be always MINE" type of thinking.

Yeah.
I feel like all this discussion over good or bad male or female characters falls into the issue of self-inserts being the main draw. The issue is when it becomes the central focus of the entire industry.
Do you know how hard it is to get the anime industry to produce either a protagonist who actually has a reasonable sexuality or a good reason for the chasteness? 14 year olds are such a predominant demographic there that the industry would rather pander than give them reading material that helps them progress from their "tch, so annoying" edginess.
I suppose that's my main fear and all with this trend. Not saying it's easy to disengage from a story on a narcissistic level but it's kind of needed to appraise stories in a more mature light

Bad girl in love with good guy. tfw we will never get a story where Batman gets together with Harley and their child becomes the Joker.

Forgot pic.

Doofenschmirtz had a whole episode about it with a song and all that

In my experience people in the West usually self-insert themselves into the "bad characters".

I mean, nobody wants to be the tall and good looking Cyclops, but everybody wants to be Wolverine despite him being a harry manlet.

As long as it's a heroic Joker, I'm down for a what if like that. Fucking love the heroic versions of Joker.

That makes sense.
Conversely is also true, to an extent. Women go for Chad thundercock when they're younger but as they're looking for more intimacy later, they look for more stable men. This is not including the more proliferation of affairs that is happening nowadays.
The other situation I notice a lot among my exes and friends is that they'll go to a bad guy looking for a stable relationship because they believe they can fix or mature them. Sometimes it works (sort of, usually just an act on the guys part) and most of the time it's just a long episode of drama.

There's a good fanfic that show just how bad their relationship would be. Too bad it was never finished.

Cyclops is a wrong idea spouting dickhead.
Logan is a ww2 veteran who deinks smokes and fights.

Well it's about being the individualist over being the pretentious Boy Scout.
Cyclops' image is at once the establishment, the TallDarkHandsome and the pretentious preppy boy, despite only one of those ever being true in his depictions. So he's an easy target to hate and Wolverine is a loner who everyone loves.
Comedy characters tend to get a break from this projection since, well, it's comedy: nothing really serious happens too much to reflect deep and dramatic feelings of characters for this or that self-insert.

>Conversely is also true, to an extent. Women go for Chad thundercock when they're younger but as they're looking for more intimacy later, they look for more stable men.

Beta orbiters always fuck with that up.
So what happens is that girls will date Chad Thundercocks, as you said it, but look for comfort and intimacy with their beta male friends.

And honestly, I'm not even gonna be nice about it, I'm that guy to a couple of my friends.
A big part of it is that I already have kids and I'm financially stable while they're still flitting about so I have some breathing room to help them with that stuff but you're spot on. Initially I was saying that they fuck the Carousel in their younger years and when they hit late twenties, they start to shop for some stability. Not Marry but at least know some people who would be interested.

I get a lot of questions if I know any "smart guys" or "good/nice guys" or, and this is my favorite, "settled guys"
The irony is that I do but they all got married around 24-26 when they got some financial stability
I'm mostly just feeling bad for single women at that point

Are you that guy from Sup Forums who made a thread about single parents some time ago?

It's just nature, user. Nature is fucked up like that.

Girls will try to find guys that are disputed by other girls, because they feel that they'll grow in others eyes if they're dating "the" guy.

Boys will do pretty much anyone and anything while trying to hold that "one" girl inside an iron cage,

Relationships are messy.