Admit it: The Dark Knight Rises was better than the three DCEU movies

Admit it: The Dark Knight Rises was better than the three DCEU movies.

I actually think TDKR was worse than BvS, and BvS was mediocre as fuck. Affleck is also a much better Batman.

Sup Forums ruined that movie for all of us, theres no way to really top it.

I liked it. Except that godawful Catwoman.

>its a "no one cares about making a third movie" movie

>dark knight rises
>spider man 3
>iron man 3
>civil war
>Xmen 3
>xmen apocolypse

Capeflicks will never make a good part 3. (thor might be okay...I like that the hulk is in it. But the other two were bad...so It doesn't count)

I thought it was good. I don't know where this meme about it being bad came from. I guess Baneposting warped peoples' memories or something.

At least it was a shitload better than Superman. Boring, unlikable characters and fucking stupid dad death that was meaningless.

Haven't seen the other two yet, but general consensus seems to be that they were worse. Yeeesh.

Man of Steel is better than TDKR.

But I agree about the other two.

I hate anyone that calls TDKR bad

>civil war

Civil War was excellent and you know it.

>Admit it:

Hello facebook

>I guess Baneposting warped peoples' memories or something.

That's pretty much it. Just about everyone on Sup Forums forgot that there is a whole two-hour-long movie after those first six minutes.

People remember TDKR as bad because man of steel did not exist at the time.

CW was great in the beginning and end. The rest was really boring and plodding. I think it had the most lackluster action scenes so far in the MCU.

I'm mainly a DC fan though, so I might be a bit biased here. But in general I actually think the MCU is fine, some bad movies here and there, but overall better than BvS and MoS.

Cap movies have been best by miles though. Both Avenger movies are godawful.

Maybe your just wondering why you would shoot a man before throwing him out of plane

People remember the TDKR as bad becaue it was bad. I was at the goddamn midnight showing. The movie was a travesty.

I just watched the movie again last night. It was so fucking boring.

It was a big movie.

I remember the fights were laughably bad with punches being thrown from 5 ft away and such.

Also I'll never forget spotting Teal'c and just laughing and laughing

U U U U

That's not saying too much, OP.

Just the fact that Bruce had rebuilt a new, better Batcave when he was retired set the stage for how stupid this movie was.

Still not going to understand why people hate Apocalypse.

It's barely a movie. It feels more like two random issues of a comic, a bad guy shows up and takes a shit on the X-Men's porch and they have to stop him, there's barely any character arcs and the plot is so thin the entire 2nd act is taken up by a Weapon X sequence that literally has nothing to do with anything.

And I say this a someone who liked it for it being that weird. But it's not for everyone.

random characters introduced every fight minutes
cartoonish airport fight sequence
plot lines completely dropped
awful underused villain
nonexistent character motivation
boring
plodding
bloated
stupid
RDJ phoned in performance
Captain America being the bad guy in his own movie

face kid, Civil War was the worst Captain America movie. I blame Disney for forcing this garbage on Russo Bros. They made a well crafted action flick with Winter Soldier and then threw it all away to make a big mess of garbage

Oh my god, don't you EVER use The Dark Knight Rises as a gold standard ever again. It;s a fucking shitshow of a movie that's worse then the Star Wars Prequels. Yes, BvS is worse but holy fuck, TDKR is right behind for second worst.

So why did the critics like it? A lot of these criticism are the same as the ones directed at BvS and SS.

Because it built character arcs and paid them off? And had a basic understanding of act structure, even with the airport sequence being a glorified aside?

And I disagree with plenty of that user's points.

>random characters introduced every five minutes

Almost all are returning characters. This is a series after all.

>cartoonish airport fight sequence

Sup Forums collectively nutted when Giant-Man leaked. Audiences and Sup Forumsmrades loved it.

>plot lines completely dropped

Not sure what you're referring to.

>awful underused villain

Zemo had multiple scenes all to himself, the entire plot simmering behind the main story is his plot to manipulate Tony in killing the Winter Solider. He even "wins" by egging the government to try and control superheroes.

>nonexistent character motivation
>boring
>plodding
>bloated
>stupid

Opinions, and ill-formed ones at that. CACW is very tightly written has has almost no deleted scenes. It's a bigger but equally efficient story.

>RDJ phoned in performance

RDJ was acting his ass off. The stuff with the younger Tony, confronting Cap multiple times, A+ effort by RDJ.

>Captain America being the bad guy in his own movie

I'm not sure how you interpreted that. Saving Bucky's life was Cap's motivation and it's not ridiculous for him to do so. His last connection to his past, another soldier transformed into a weapon and manipulated, Cap was very rationally invested in keeping Bucky alive.

That is a terrible thing to say but true

>most lackluster action scenes

The Cap and Bucky v Tony fight is quite literally one of the best fights in the entire MCU, probably top 3 even.

You are just shit posting because it's universally praised as the best acting he has done in the MCU

Have yet to see Suicide Squad, but yeah, I'd rather rewatch TDKR than Manosteel or BvS

>Being better than the DCEU movies

This. Also Suicide Squad was better than both.

Agreed.

I liked it when it first came out for going full circle to Batman Begin (my favourite Batman movie), but it doesn't work as a conclusion. I would have preferred Bruce go off the grid for a bit and then return for a final Batman movie with a better storyline and villain.

The biggest issues I have with the Dark Knight Trilogy as a whole are the macros.

e.g

Batman is only around Gotham for six months (BB-TDK), he then goes absent for eight years (TDK-TDKR) and returns before dying. That's an awful career.

I never thought of this. I mean, one of his kids is a baby you can hear crying in Begins, in TDK his youngest is like 5-6 years old.

No, OP. I'll admit The Dark Knight Rises was less bad than the three DCEU movies.

I liked MoS more then Rises

No
He was one of the best parts of the movie

I liked everything except for mystique (phoned in performance) and apocalypse himself (stands around and looks dumb)

Too bad the film focuses on the two things I disliked the most
Make it an 80s teen comedy adventure with Cyclops/Jean and night crawler and it would have been 9/10 cape fun

I'd probably give it a 6/10 rating though, there is still some enjoyable stuff in it

It's one of the best comic book of all time. What kind of question is this?

I don't know why critics liked it. I found the entire middle kind of tedious

>line by line reply

Autism/10

>it's a series
Bad excuse. Plus black panther and spider twink were new.

I'm pretty sure it's the same cave as begins. The suit-case and rising slab probably weren't seen in that movie, or were installed by him during DK.
I think overall CW was average, but honestly that was the best RDJ has been since Iron Man 08.

Winter Soldier was still better.

RDJ is the best actor in MCU but it was another lazy performance by him.

>Only one rebuttal
Black Panther and Spider-Man were praised by everyone. You're literally being contrarian for no reason.

Will Captain America: Winter Soldier ever be topped?