Anyone else mildly interested in this film just because of how stupid it looks?

Anyone else mildly interested in this film just because of how stupid it looks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wRLQ0g9z0P0
youtube.com/watch?v=Bjmy9B-R7b0
techdirt.com/articles/20121018/01054720744/hollywood-accounting-how-19-million-movie-makes-150-million-still-isnt-profitable.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, cancer.

yes

How does it look "stupid" ? It's just generic.
Toy Story + Chance of Meatballs with "Fuck" and "Shit" thrown in.

youtu.be/wRLQ0g9z0P0

I'm actually kind of interested in where they go with the plot

I read the script.

So no.

It looks like the same Paul Blart shit they've been pumping out for years, just this time, it's animated.

That girl carrot is cute

The trailer for this had a lot of laughs at the theater. I'm worried.

No

We're never going to get that golden age of serious adult animation in the west, are we?
We're not even going to get teen oriented action stuff anymore, are we?
There's really no point in becoming an animatic in America if you want to work on anything besides children's entertainment, is there?

The dream is dead, isn't it?

Sure, when it comes out on bluray and can be pirated. user, don't fucking pay to go see stupid movies or they will keep making stupid movies.

I might see it out of morbid curiosity and because I want to see more adult animation in theaters. Then again, it looks like shit so I don't know.

someone post that one page of the script

I like some of the character designs and the animation looks surprisingly good for it's shitty budget

Because no one cares about it.

Not gonna lie. The Frank and Brenda sounds delicious.

It's a Rated R animation comedy written by Jonah Hill.

What more do I want?

I have a friend who worked as an animator on this movie.
She says everyone was pretty much mistreated by rogen, who was a total fucking normie thst didn't get animation and just kept talking about south park and kept asking why they weren't doing it faster. Which is why a lot of the movie has VeggieTales tier animation in some parts.

She also said it's pretty much just one of those Hollywood money laundering schemes. She said she thinks it might be some executives at Sony trying to kill off the idea of serious adult animated movies since there's been a big push from a lot of their animators to do that, and they'd rather keep pumping out kid movies than take a real risk, but that's just conjecture.

I love the Drafthouse's themed menus.

Best time I ever had at a theater was their Lord of the Rings feast. All 3 movies, director's cut, and the whole time they're serving you Hobbit themed meals including, yes, Rabbit stew and taters.

i'll see it cause it looks fun, and should be a good time.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bjmy9B-R7b0

I feel like those trailers already spoiled like 75% of the movie

>She says everyone was pretty much mistreated by rogen, who was a total fucking normie thst didn't get animation and just kept talking about south park and kept asking why they weren't doing it faster. Which is why a lot of the movie has VeggieTales tier animation in some parts.

Only a fag would think that someone who legtimately has no knowledge of a process asking, "Why isn't it done yet?" is being mistreated.

>>She also said it's pretty much just one of those Hollywood money laundering schemes. She said she thinks it might be some executives at Sony trying to kill off the idea of serious adult animated movies since there's been a big push from a lot of their animators to do that, and they'd rather keep pumping out kid movies than take a real risk, but that's just conjecture.

That's a retarded conspiracy theory. Of course they don't want to take risks, but intentionally embarking on an endeavor to LOSE money so they can avoid taking risks because they're tired of "whining" from a minority who never had the money to bankroll their own movie anyway?

Your "friend" is just upset that she's not making the "art" she wanted to. Welcome to reality.

>but intentionally embarking on an endeavor to LOSE money

But that's exactly what they do.

techdirt.com/articles/20121018/01054720744/hollywood-accounting-how-19-million-movie-makes-150-million-still-isnt-profitable.shtml

>The details can be complex, but a simplified version is that every studio sets up a new "shell" company for each movie -- and that company is specifically designed to lose money. The studio gives that company the production budget (the number you usually see) and then also agrees to pay for marketing and related expenses above and beyond that. Both of those numbers represent (mostly) actual cash outlays from the studio and are reasonable to count as expenses. Then comes the sneaky part: on top of all that, the studios charge the "movie company" a series of fees for other questionable things. Many of these fees involve no real direct expense for the studio, but basically pile a huge expense onto the income statement and ensure that the studio keeps getting all of the movie income -- rather than having to share the profits with key participants -- long after the movie would be considered profitable under regular accounting rules.

>Franco is the drug addict who see's them because he's on drugs

I like this set up

Wasn't the script leaked a couple months back anyway

My only real problem is that they stretching the "ADULT CARTOON" thing too much, not every sentence needs to have Fuck in it

but otherwise stupid parents wouldn't get it's a movie for adults, drag their children with them and scar them forever

They already learned that with Deadpool

But honestly isn't it the fucking theatre's fault for letting them get tickets, unless they ordered it online

I hate it but I'm tempted to go see it. Maybe if I get another movie gift card from my work, but I don't know how I feel about paying 7.25 to see it

If the script leak is true

There's a gross scene where some guy rubs shit from a rat's anus on one of the foods

just like every trailer these days, showing all of the big surprises and best parts of the movie in the Goddamn trailers

Seriously, there's no reason for the characters to say "fuck" and "shit" so much. Idiots will find it hilarious though since it's coming from animated characters.

They removed the fingering rat and instead extended the orgy.

>Americans literally let small children into 18-rated movies
This will never not be hilarious.

nah that scene got canned

also they put the orgy at the end of the movie in case someone would walk out on it, pretty smart move

Just watch anime.
I'm currently finishing Zeta and find it fascinating that this was what children watched back then.