Do you generally prefer cartoons over live action shows?

Do you generally prefer cartoons over live action shows?

And if so, why?

live action looks always the same
cartoons are much more diverse, character designs, background design, colors, style, etc.
You pretty much have to create a whole new world for every cartoon and that's amazing

this, cartoons also offer much more diverse stories than just boring crime stories like live action do

I couldn't really say if I prefer them in general because it depends on the show but what I do like about cartoons compared to live action is there are no constraints to what the creator wants to make no matter how fantastical or strange as there are in live action; you want to make a show where all the characters are humanoid animals then ok, you want to make a show where all the characters use magic and there are creatures and things that are nothing like anything in real life then ok etc. You can have magic and action and other stuff that simply wouldn't be possible if it was created in live action unless you had a CGI budget through the roof, and even that wouldn't be great because who wants to see a big mesh of CGI blobs on a screen.

Live action is better if you want your story to take place in the real world or at least something close to it. Cartoons are almost always better for anything that doesn't take place in a world closely resembling our own.

I feel like the problem with live action adult shows is often they try.... TOO hard to be adult. Sex and other subjects are just thrown in not for the sake of story, but just to have them.

I feel like cartoons in general are usually better written (not always, but usually).

Also what this guy said.

Why would you ask this on a cartoon board? What kind of answer are you expecting other than the obvious?
Its like going to /y/ and asking if they prefer straight doujins or gay doujins

I do, unless the live action show is like Sentai, Rider, or Kaiju. The U.S just don't know how to have fun with their Toku shows.

I'm not a child so I don't watch cartoons.

sorta like what says. live action stuff typically shoves in too much pointless sexuality and "adult" themes. anime has the same problem. if i want to see a hot chick naked, it's not that fucking difficult, so i'm watching a movie/show to get something else.

cartoons are often way more creative, too. they allow for a lot more flexible worldmaking and actually focus on whatever they're trying to do.

I'm just used to seeing animation for most of my life.
Also, CGI effects in live action never look good after a few years.

This is the right answer. It allows the author to be more imaginitive. A live action futurama or rick and morty could never work cause a lot of it lets the art tell the story

Some stories are better told through cartoons like game of thrones because the CGI budget for the Dragons and cost of costumes and set building is so expensive tgey have to cut other content.

Having a hand drawn cartoon would be easier.

Live action shit is ugly. HBO is supposed to have the best shows, but I don't want to watch the Sopranos or The Wire, its all ugly fat guineas and 'groids.

Americans don't take cartoons seriously and some people will never watch a cartoon assuming it's just nonsense for children.

I don't like how people look IRL and I certainly don't want to be reminded of normies

Anybody else here that's been watching animation so much for so long that they pretty much can't even get into live action shows anymore? It's been getting a little frustrating for me lately when my more normie friends will want to share a show with me and I just can't find myself interested in it at all.

A little. I just can't get on board with popular shows like Empire or anything created by Shonda Rhimes.

Because voice actors are usually better than live action actors.

Maybe if they weren't all the fucking same I'd be more interested. Occasionally there's something that really breaks the mold like Breaking Bad that really catches my interest, but the rest is so boring and blends together.

Live action movies >>> animated movies / shorts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Japanese animated series >> live action series >>>> the rest of the world's animated series