>3. Justice League #2
>4. Suicide Squad Rebirth #1
>5. Superman #4
>6. Nightwing #2
>7. Green Arrow #4
>8. Walking Dead #157
>9. Green Lanterns #4
>10. Aquaman #4

bleedingcool.com/2016/08/07/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-7th-august-2016-no-marvel-in-the-top-ten-at-all-as-harley-beats-batman/

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/03/06/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-6th-march-2015-the-black-ranger/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>This week, not a single Marvel title made our store’s top ten list. In fact, the highest-ranked Marvel, Doctor Strange #10, came in at #16 this week, finishing behind Animosity (#11),Paper Girls (#12), James Bond (#13), and Kill or Be Killed (#14). Think about that for a minute: a Marvel title starring the hero soon to be featured in a major motion picture not only didn’t make the Top Ten, but came in behind nine DCs and five independent titles. Never in the history of our store has a major company fallen this far this fast. Hey, Marvel, when do you guys start your Rebirth and begin giving readers the Marvel Comics they want, featuring the characters they love treated with the respect they deserve?

>Strong continuing interest in Punisher and pre Flashpoint Batman and Superman.

>DC is really cooking on all cylinders, awesome move to have both Suicide Squad And Harley Quinn Rebirth #1’s to come out the same week as the movie. Was able to get a ton of non comic customers into those comics (and other rebirth comics too). Marvel did make a little bit of a comeback with both Deadpool #16 and Deadpool V Gambit #3 beating Aquaman. Kill or Be Killed almost made the top ten it would be great to have another strong selling Image book.

>Let me guess…Harley Quinn #1 was the #1 book of the week. Would make sense since it almost doubled Batman sales this week and Batman was still a huge mover. Walking Dead and Animosity were the only independent titles on the top 10 this week. Lady Killer almost made it.

>Darth Vader still moving on the back issue front along with anything with Toad on the cover for Marvel comics???

>Harley Quinn 1 was easily this week’s big winner. We had an exclusive cover for the issue so the issue at times was being bought three times by people thanks to the three different covers. Suicide Squad 1 came in second thanks to a certain movie. Also go see the movie. If you listen to the critics you would be seeing the movie Piano instead of any superhero movies. Invincible Iron Man 12 made a surprise sell out thanks to the new Iron Man (woman?) finally meeting Tony which has sparked new interest. Other than Iron Man Marvel is limping along till their next re launch. Deadpool interest and sales have even dropped off sharper than I would have thought. As I have stated before that is part of a re launch. People over all just wait till the re launch to check it out. Why get into something that is ending?

>Harley Quinn anything is hot right now. Even the past variant covers with her on them.

>Just 1 Marvel in our top 10 this week? Rebirth is STILL doing very well.

JULY SALES NUMBERS WHEN?

5 week month so probably next week, with the top 10 listed later this week

I jumped on comics with the New 52, but I haven't been reading in a while... Are any of these new books decent?

Finally have the money to start buying again, but I think I'll start picking up the hardcovers instead.

I like Aquaman, but I always like Aquaman. And the best Aquaman stories are the ones involving Black Manta. I wonder why you never hear SJWs complain about DC's most Aryan looking hero constantly beating the shit out of an autistic former Black Panther?

Justice League seems alright, idk why a lot of people talk shit on it, they're only 3 issues in.

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps looks like it's shaping up to be good.

Batman got brutal quick, I like this first arc.

The Superman comics, Flash, and Titans seem to be where most of the Rebirth storyline will unfold.

Found myself not really giving a shit about Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad was alright at times.

the only one that's truly bad so far is justice league
everything else is meh to good

>tfw DC is still cucked from Majority Unit and Dollar %

I'm surprised to find that Detective Comics by Tynion isn't utter shit. It's actually pretty good so far.

Most of it has been decent to good. Batman, Superman, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Aquaman, etc. Justice League is kind of bad. Action Comics, Green Lanterns, and Red Hood are on the border.

There won't be hardcovers coming out though, at least not immediately.

Yeah, I like that they made Batman and Batwoman cousins, gives them an interesting new dynamic.

But I don't like Red Robin's new costume, I prefer that he look a little more distinct. Like Nightwing.

>REBIRTHED
Other than Hitch a lot of shit writers became surprisingly bearable. I mean we all knew Lobdell can write a non-bad issue but it was Dogfucker that wowed us the most. He got a title that was pretty much promised contempt and he gave us a buddy cop story featuring a /k/razy Unclefu Husbando and a /k/razy Agoraphobic Waifu.

It's clear Marvel are losing their control over the comic book industry because of their SJW editorial approach. Sad!

I'll wait for official Diamond numbers, but Walking Dead selling more than Marvel (according to 4-5 LCS)?

ouch.

>Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz being the main Green Lanterns
>Batwoman leading Detective Comics while Batman gets jobbed
>Tim Drake will probably die and be replaced by Harper, joining Cass and Steph
>Duke in the main Batman book
>Midnighter and Apollo
>Jaime Reyes being Blue Beetle while Kord's support
>Cyborg still in the Justice League, getting a double-shipped book
>Teen Titans having Damian (half-Arab), black Wally, two females, and gay black Aqualad
>O5 Titans adding Llillith and Bumblebee to the team

please go back to Sup Forums

Could someone explain to a not-big DC fan whatever happened to the Dr. Manhattan and 3 Joker reveal?

Right after you go back to tumblr, faggot

The Manhattan thing probably won't be a thing until two years from now because they said they're building up to an event in two years
And King said the Joker story will be handled in the next arc

And yet, we don't just have a bunch of race swapping for characters. We have new characters that happen to be black or brown, or gay or whatever. Marvel just makes Cap black, Iron Man a black teenage girl, Wolverine a woman, and Thor a woman.

That's the difference.

that's also exactly what marvel's doing.

you do realize that the female thor isn't the same as the previous thor with just a sex change operation, right?

What's the deal with Papa Superman / New52 Superman?

Wait, did DC reboot their universe AGAIN?

>Strong continuing interest in Punisher

GOD YES, I love that marvel is failing because they are bringing that upon themselves, but I do love that Frank keeps going strong.

That's pretty much impossible. Everyone has dropped Civil War II, each week's Top 10 best selling have been nothing but Rebirth books, none of their other books selling above 30k besides Star Wars, and Star Wars isn't enough to off-set the fact that their entire superhero line is on the verge of cancellation.

It would take Disney to pay off the right people to not have DC come out on top in July.

>Walking Dead selling more than Marvel
That's not out of the oridinary. Walking Dead usually sells extremely high.

crawl back under your rock.

New 52 Superman is dead. Papa Superman is post-crisis Superman.

>It would take Disney to pay off the right people to not have DC come out on top in July.
uh, I thought Disney don't care about Marvel's comics sales, just like WB/Time Warner with DC's.

Lets see how well DC does againts marvel in october when champions #1 is out

I really doubt Champions is going to sell gangbusters, user. It'll probably do comparably to the current ANAD Avengers series.

>Walking Dead selling more than Marvel (according to 4-5 LCS)?
>ouch.

Walking Dead actually is the one comic out there that sometimes reaches the same ground sales wise that DC and Marvel get, sometimes even more when it comes to trades.

>Batwoman leading Detective Comics while Batman gets jobbed

I remember seeing this issue on Sup Forums. When I got to this part I knew it was over.

JUST

Champions will probably end up in the same position as Johns' Teen Titans run. It will probably spike in the beginning and then level off, struggling to stay in the top 25.

It's not my fault that DC feels the need to reboot their universe every three weeks.

Check again, Civil War still does good, look back again. But yeah the tie-ins are gonna do horribly most likely.

>>Batwoman leading Detective Comics while Batman gets jobbed
>Thinking Batman should be able to take on a 1000 supersoldiers with Assualt Rifles.

Lol. You probably thought Endgame was good.

>every three weeks.

That would be Marvel, try every 3 to 20 years with DC

>Falling for bait
(You)

Settles in around 30-40k for sure

I liked harley quinn it still had a lot of flaws but it was a step in the right direction

Maybe this month but not possible next month

Didn't they fail to outbeat Marvel last month though even though it had the bulk of their #1s.

Thats because dc is not forcing it like marvel does.
Well except cyborg

NONE of those things are sjw.

Dc has done it a lot over the years but in the last few years marvel has almost caught up.

That was not jobing but he has jobed a little in detective
Nothing unbearable though

>Strong continuing interest in Punisher

I'm not reading this book but I like Cloonan so this is good imo

>This week, not a single Marvel title made our store’s top ten list. In fact, the highest-ranked Marvel, Doctor Strange #10, came in at #16 this week
JUST

The reason why it won't happen is because Marvel ships almost twice as many things as DC and at high dollar points. DC might beat them in some kind of per capita measure but it won't be there in the overall share numbers. But they knew that would happen when they chose to cut down on how much they were shipping.

In other words

>it's okay when DC does it

Indeed, Rebirth is mostly enjoyable. You're starting to understand it now.

Cyborg is but thats the only one

>Iron Man a black teenage girl
>Robert Dowly Jr loses his job to a Black Teenage Girl.
Sounds about right.

Im not suprised he wrote a good comic retarded ending aside our love is real was fantastic.

basically
wait a year or two until Sup Forums hates dc again and then whatever will be okay when marvel does it

It seems we have come to a point that if you have anyone who isn't a straight white man that it's sjw to some people.

What makes something sjw isn't really the race or the sexuality. It's how those things are handled

Nothing is happening in Titans or Flash. Titans is about a freaking Flash villain and Flash is about a new speedster villain. Very minimal stuff to do with the real plot.

>Champions
>Teenagers written by Waid
The only person I care about on that team is Viv and thats purely because of King's Vision.

>adding Bumblebee to the team
Might as well do this since she's in so many of the cartoons.

Marvel doesn't have any race swapped characters.

DC had 2 until they had to backtrack harder than they've ever backtracked before with Wally. For 2 years that race swapped little twerp was what they thought Wally West should be.

Some kudos from learning from the mistake but they've done it 2 times to Marvel's 0 (or 1 if you think Fury counts but I don't).

I would love the idea if not for Waid. Such a shame.

>DC had 2 until they had to backtrack harder than they've ever backtracked before with Wally. For 2 years that race swapped little twerp was what they thought Wally West should be.

It didn't take that long. Black Wally was benched almost immediately after his introduction. It's only now that white Wally is back that he'll actually be doing anything, kind of funny really since you'd think that the retcon would make him less relevant rather than more.

It was literally exactly two years. Wally showed up in April of 2014. Rebirth happened in Maybe of 2016.

I mean, saying he was "benched" but he was the only Wally West around and, until Rebirth, who DC said was Wally. He sat out the second half of Venditti's first arc then became a series regular again.

The retcon made him more relevant because DC couldn't actually get rid of a black character for a white one. They got way out in front of that with Wally as Kid Flash all over everything so people couldn't bitch (and some still did).

Last month they only had 8 new titles

that's Sup Forums in a nutshell

Why would anyone care about Champions

>even though it had the bulk of their #1s

No. It had 1/4th of their 1's

Sam/Viv shipping

>Shipping a shit character from a shit book with an alright character from a good book
Why would someone do this?

Dickfag pls

There is literally nothing wrong with Sam or his book

>implying I care about Dick
That's like saying only Peter Parkerfags hate Miles.
Sam is trash and so is his book, it's even worse now that Sean "I want that dad to stay gone" Ryan is writing.

Enjoy this while you can, DCFriends. Before long, Marvel NOWer will arrive and with it the natural order of things.

Marvelnower looks like dogshit though and without new 1's for their big titles I'm not expecting any significant change.

I pray it's Marvel's DCYou that forces them to changes things up and reinvigorate their line.

Black Wally is probably going to fade into obscurity for the fact that he is most well known as "Black Wally".

If Powergirl didn't have a unique codename we'd just call her titty Kara or something. Either way we still have both her and Supergirl.

Everything will be ok.

DCYou had good books that sold like crap though. I seriously doubt any of the new books in Now And Again will be as good as Prez, Midnighter, or Omega Men.

But even then, I keep thinking...how?

How would Marvel have their own "Rebirth", without doing the one thing they said they'd never do -- full-on rebooting?

They can't "unreboot" themselves, like DC kinda/sorta did with Rebirth. They can't reboot. Even ignoring in-universe stuff, pretty much all of their good and/or up-and-coming writers are GONE. Hell, DC has even snatched up a lot of the up-and-coming artists.

Marvel Nower will give Marvel a sales bump, there's no doubt about that. But long-term, it doesn't look like the sales will hold. And at the same time, they don't have the talent lined up to make anything they do look good.

Even worse is the fact that DC's main universe books are $2.99 across the line -- at this point in time, they're a buck cheaper than books by EVERY other publisher (besides some of Image's stuff).

I'm actually kind of worried about Marvel. And unlike DC, they don't really have a "haha, psych! just kidding you guys, this is what we ACTUALLY meant to publish" kind of button. Marvel's been slowly declining in quality for years now, and I honestly don't think their top people even know what a good comic is anymore.

Right here and now, all DC has to do is not fuck up. And they might be the kings for quite a while.

>ow would Marvel have their own "Rebirth", without doing the one thing they said they'd never do -- full-on rebooting?

Easily since Rebirth wasn't a reboot. They just need to remember who they are and why people loved them in the first place.

Given what happened with ANAD I'm not sure a sales bump is a guarantee with Now 2.0, I think pretty much every book was back to the same sales by the #2 or 3.

And they don't need to do Rebirth exactly like DC did but they need to figure out something to foster good will. Though as you've said, the problem lies in their talent. Scouting/editorial probably needs to be restructured before anything good can be seen in the product. But I think it will take some financial failure to push them into it.

>They can't "unreboot" themselves, like DC kinda/sorta did with Rebirth.
What? they just switched focus from one universe to another.

If DC where a bigger company I could see them selling a Earth52 line, Earth23 line and other shit.

Aha. Remind me, how many Supergirls have we seen?

>Right here and now, all DC has to do is not fuck up
As history has proven, that's easier said than done.

>they just switched focus from one universe to another
No they didn't. The Rebirth universe is still New 52 Earth-0. Nothing changed.

>"haha, psych! just kidding you guys, this is what we ACTUALLY meant to publish" kind of button.

Well there is Franklin.

b-b-but the movies!

Well, he'll be known as the only "Kid Flash" going forward

Is it the arc after the Monster Men or is it that?

after the monster men crossover

Yes, just like Marvel is about to reboot for the third time in 4 years.

You're forgetting that Marvel set things up to give themselves an advantage:

-higher price point
-flooding the market with more titles
-attaching crazy incentives to get variants

Also you need to keep in mind that what's on the Diamond list is preorders by retailers. Those Bleeding Cool articles are about what actually sells in a small number of shops (but other places I've gone to have indicated that Rebirth is doing well for them).

But then again, last year in similar BC articles like bleedingcool.com/2016/03/06/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-6th-march-2015-the-black-ranger/ you could see DC was having problems...

>Remember when there used to be a company called DC that published comics? Judging from our sales this week, they’re a part of history now. Not a single DC book made our top ten–and in fact, only one DC book made our Top Twenty! Talk about making yourself irrelevant…

It would not surprise me if similar stores were having problems selling the non-event Marvel comics in the last month or so.

I want to do a comic where it's hero's origin story, but each issue, it gets rebooted back to the origin story, so while we get variation and what not, we never truly tell any story.

Nah. he is going to Teen Titans and they are going to be using his first name.

they're calling him Kid Flash

So Scott Lobdell's Red Hood and the Outlaws?

Now I just have to pray for pic related to unseat them all.

Or at least a good portion.

Please don't let sales kill Young Animal.

he's kid flash now though

if bart ever comes back he'll probably just be impulse again

Even just being in the top 20 would be admirable.